Onion Shampoo

Guitarhero

Reporting back:

So I made my onion shampoo by fine chopping a medium onion and placing it into 1/2 a bottle of shampoo , shaking and allowing to set for 25 days in a cool area. Results? Very oniony shampoo. So I tried it. For mine, I strained the onion pieces and diluted it with even more shampoo. It's very liquidy. You think it wouldn't suds...but it suds up even more and the clean is amazing. You can feel it right inside your scalp as soon as you pour it on. Ladies, onion shampoo is AMAZING! If you suffer from the itchies, try it.

So, I'm always looking for yet another product/mixology etc. (Hair-oine, remember, I'm a bonafide junkie) and came across Russian products with onion and garlic. They seem to be cheaper than even the Dominican ones.

http://www.amazon.com/Restorative-H...003XO0NUM/ref=pd_sim_bt_1/177-1660516-9603925

For another Youtube onion method:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGbWJgwBROk&feature=related

They say it cuts dandruff, lessens hair fall, eases itchy scalp and assists in faster hair growth. I'm going to make a bigger batch and include the ROOT end of the onion because roots carry a more nutrition and also more of the chemical that makes you cry. Just make sure you dry your hair so there's no smell. My hair is silky soft...can't even believe it. I thought I'd end up with a horrid mess of tangles but it even makes the curls softer/defined.

alive

sorry if you've answered this question already but were you able to get rid of the onion smell from the product itself? sounds like your hair didn't hang on to it, but i'm curious to know what the shampoos smells like with onions in it

CountryBumpkin

i've heard of similar effects with using queen helen's garlic shampoo. garlic and onion tend to have similar benefits.

queen helen's doesn't have a hint of garlic smell at all, but I only just got my bottle and I have only used it once, so I can't say of personal results yet

ChristmasCarol

I was going to PM you regarding this yesterday, but forgot. I don't have an itchy scalp or anything, by the PJ in me is gonna make me try it! I'll probably make the recipe next Wednesday. I'll let you know if I like it!

BTW: :needpics:

eta: Reading is fundamental...25 days...guess I'll let you know in a month.

Last edited:

Guitarhero

sorry if you've answered this question already but were you able to get rid of the onion smell from the product itself? sounds like your hair didn't hang on to it, but i'm curious to know what the shampoos smells like with onions in it

Hi, it smells of onions lol. But when your hair is dry, there's no smell. It's honestly a very good shampoo.