Urine in Hair?

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
I've been reading that Off Topic thread about urine therapy and i was wondering if urine has all those vitamins and things vital for life, should we use it in our hair? Has anyone used urine in their hair???

Here's an article about urine as our own perfect medicine: http://www.all-natural.com/urine.html

Poohbear

Nutrients found in urine:

Alanine, Arginine, Ascorbic acid, Allantoin, Amino acids, Bicarbonate, Biotin, Calcium, Creatinine, Cystine, DHEA, Dopamine, Epinephrine, Folic acid, Glucose, Glutamic acid, Glycine, Inositol, Iodine, Iron, Lysine, Magnesium, Manganese, Melatonin, Methionine, Nitrogen, Ornithane, Pantothenic acid, Phenylalaline, Phosphorus, Potassium, Proteins, Riboflavin, Tryptophan, Tyrosine, Urea, Vitamin B6, Vitamin B12, Zinc

Devi

Maybe this is the kid in me thinking but,

I just wouldn't feel right putting pee pee in my hair.

Or drinking it for that matter.

Vanessa22

I haven't heard of that. But I think I'll be sticking to what I've been doing. Sounds a little off to me. But, who knows?

Adrian3bc

hmm.. from my biology back ground urine is what our body is getting rid of b/c we dont need or have in excess. this sounds really weird and kinda gross but hey its your pee and your hair, u decide.

Isis

Many of your hair products (skin products too) have urine in them. Just look at the label. Urine, also called urea, is a natural moisturizer and has been used for a long time now in beauty products.

NubianAngel

Urine and Urea are not exactly the same. Urea is a chemical that is found in urine, but it can be made synthetically in the lab. (it was actually the first organic chemical to ever be synthesized in the lab - I know i'm such a geek) I get your point isis, but I disagree with saying that excretory byproducts are found in our beauty products just because the chemicals are the same.

Isis

Yet it is true NubianAngel, at least according to research (I'm a geek too). Urea has been used for a long time for beauty products and it really is the same. I'm aware of such a thing as synthetic urea but it is not moisturizing as the real thing. Not to go off topic but urea is also used in numerous other products, such as Murine eye drops (that's where the name comes from) for its moisturizing properites.

mspretty

Isn't urea suppose to be bad for your hair? I recall seeing a post or two about avoiding products that contain urea, because it drys your hair out.

NubianAngel

Oh, I wasn't disputing any studies on the effects of urea, just pointing out that since urea is just one component of urine, it could be misleading to use the two words interchangeably. But if you are saying that the effects are the same and thats' why it's urine in these products and not urea, than I guess it's just semantics and another story. Anyway....back to the topic.

rowandaP

[ QUOTE ]
NubianAngel said:
Urine and Urea are not exactly the same. Urea is a chemical that is found in urine, but it can be made synthetically in the lab. (it was actually the first organic chemical to ever be synthesized in the lab - I know i'm such a geek) I get your point isis, but I disagree with saying that excretory byproducts are found in our beauty products just because the chemicals are the same.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's what I was gonna post..

http://www.jtbaker.com/msds/englishhtml/u4725.htm

AFashionSlave

This thread has me thinkin about the Dave Chapelle R Kelly remix

"My life won't be complete -
until I turn your face into a toilet seat"
Pee - On - You
Drip
Drip
Drip
Piss
Piss
Piss
Pee - On - You"

alliyah4eva203

[ QUOTE ]
JenJen2721 said:
Where that thread about the Importance of Good Smelling Hair???

[/ QUOTE ]
i bet your SO won't be so keen to touch your hair after that

saga_30311

[ QUOTE ]
AFashionSlave said:
This thread has me thinkin about the Dave Chapelle R Kelly remix

"My life won't be complete -
until I turn your face into a toilet seat"
Pee - On - You
Drip
Drip
Drip
Piss
Piss
Piss
Pee - On - You"

[/ QUOTE ]
now that's funny!!!

ladymadonna

Man, this is sick. I don't do Golden Showers.
If I wanted long hair that bad, I'd just get a weave and be done with it.

What's next? Doo-doo hair mask?

pookie87

Y'all are sleeping on the effects of urine. I put it on my face and it is soo soft and the bumps are going away and the dark spots are evening out. I have a natural glow to my face. Poohbear I will use the urine on my hair and let you know how that goes. Urine is sterile there is absolutely nothing wrong with it, for you extremely closed-minded individuals.

Devi

hey, I'm not close minded. I'm hesitant... extremely hesitant.

My pee pee doesn't look good enough, smell good enough and doesn't come out of a good enough place for me to drink or put on my body... unless this pee is going to give me super woman skin and hair, I don't think that it's worth it.

Poohbear

Urea is not the same thing as urine...

Urea is a soluble weakly basic nitrogenous compound CO(NH2)2 that is the chief solid component of mammalian urine and an end product of protein decomposition; is synthesized from carbon dioxide and ammonia, and is used especially in synthesis (as of resins and plastics) and in fertilizers and animal rations.

Urine is waste material that is secreted by the kidney in vertebrates, is rich in end products of protein metabolism together with salts and pigments, and forms a clear amber and usually slightly acid fluid in mammals but is semisolid in birds and reptiles.