White Vinegar or Apple Cider Vinegar

mly3e

The comb is stuck.
Hello Ladies,

When doing a Vinegar rinse in your hair, does it matter whether it is White or Apple Cider Vinegar.

BabyCurls

Indy Girl Growing Strong
</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
alireno said:
Apple cider is what you should use.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree, ACV is the way to go. Distilled white vinegar is apple cider that's processed by steam distilliation. You can get regular ACV at most grocery stores, or get the raw kind at health food stores. Just make sure when making the ACV rinse, use 1/4 c of cider vinegar to a gallon of distilled water.

BabyCurls said:
alireno said:

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree, ACV is the way to go. Distilled white vinegar is apple cider that's processed by steam distilliation. You can get regular ACV at most grocery stores, or get the raw kind at health food stores. Just make sure when making the ACV rinse, use 1/4 c of cider vinegar to a gallon of distilled water.

[/ QUOTE ]
Just a quick question for ya!
Wouldnt it be pretty much the same thing, to use white vinegar, rather than go out and buy the acv AND the distilled water?

Country gal

BabyCurls said:
alireno said:

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I made the mistake of just pouring ACV on my hair without dislutting (sp)it. My son ran away from me in horror because of the smell. I know mixed it with water. I would say to use the ACV versus distilled. By the way, who recommended ACV rinses should win an award. I do ACV rinse before my condiotner.

Tara

Hi,

Hope you don't mind if I jump in here, but from what I understand White Vinegar is drying to the hair because the Alchohol content is extrememly high. Again I could be wrong, but I think that was one of the main differences between the two.

Also ACV restores the natural PH balance to the hair and skin, whereas WDV dries the skin and hair out.

http://www.versatilevinegar.org/ here is a website.

Also White vinegar is used to kill certain types of grass and clean, so it is more harsh. Here is another link Another Vinegar

BabyCurls

Indy Girl Growing Strong
Thanx for the link, Tara. This is something I need to look into for ways to use ACV and WDV. But ACV is definetly the way to go for hair rinses and other uses.

BabyCurls

Indy Girl Growing Strong
LavenderDutchess said:

Just a quick question for ya!
Wouldnt it be pretty much the same thing, to use white vinegar, rather than go out and buy the acv AND the distilled water?

[/ QUOTE ]

ACV helps to soften your hair and to lower the alkalinity. A big +, if you have hard water in your area, distilled water mixed with ACV will act as a clarifier to remove buildup from shampoos and conditioners. WDV will dry out your hair because of the way it's manufactured and the alcohol content. To me it's not the same thing to use in a hair rinse. It has to be brownish in color to be considered Apple Cider Vinegar. Check out Tara's post for the difference between the 2 vinegars.

BabyCurls

Indy Girl Growing Strong
When I first read about ACV rinses, I used white vinegar instead because I didn't have cider vinegar in the house. Now that I use it right after conditioning, my hair feels softer and gives shine and body. I love ACV rinses. I don't know who came of with the idea either. But you're right, someone deserves a big

mly3e

The comb is stuck.
Thank you all for your advice! I thought there was no difference and my hair has gotten a little bit dryer. Now I will switch to ACV instead of the White. Thank you soooooo much. I'm glad I found yall.