Full Head Weave

girlyprincess23

Hey all you weavologists out there coupl of questions if you don't mind!!
So I am planning on weaving it up for 1 year (a personal challenge) and I just wanted to know a few things...
1) what is the point of weaving the hair to a net if you have braids underneath the net?
2) how do you wash/ nourish your scalp?
3) would it be a bad idea to get the BKT and then a weave?
4) anybody know of any weave masters in brooklyn? I am trying to get a full head weave with bangs.:grin:

motherpopcorn562

So I am planning on weaving it up for 1 year (a personal challenge) and I just wanted to know a few things...
1) what is the point of weaving the hair to a net if you have braids underneath the net?
4) anybody know of any weave masters in brooklyn? I am trying to get a full head weave with bangs.:grin:

Well I've had full head weaves with bangs and they used the net. I asked her why and she said she could sew on the tracks better.
It was VERY hard to wash/scratch my scalp with the net:sad:

IMO BKT before weave would be a bad idea...might be too much stress,,,, I know you're not supposed to get a perm before braids (weave etc)

trendsetta25

You can try DJ in Follicles. He's expensive though. I don't have their # on me but google Follicles in bklyn and you'll find it.
I use a spray mix for my moisturizer. I mix glycerin, rosewater, infusium 23, peppermint oil, jojoba oil, and hot six oil in a spray botlle and spray it between my tracks. If I wanna apply my MN/MT mix, I use an applicator bottle
HTH

phynestone

I had a full weave with a net once and one without it. I preferred the one without the net, but as it started to grow out, my new growth along my edges became very noticeable. The net weave made it difficult for me to wash and moisturize, even with an applicator bottle. I'm just going to stick to my weave with a little hair left out b/c it's easier for me to moisturize and freshen through perming the edges. Hope you find something that works for you.

JayAnn0513

I make 30 look good!
prefer no net, too hard to get to your scalp with it on. But it's supposed to be less stressful to your hair. So I guess that's the trade off.

glamazon386

1) what is the point of weaving the hair to a net if you have braids underneath the net? It makes the weave lay flatter and prolongs the life of the braids. Also for people with damaged hair it allows tracks to be placed anywhere and since the weave is not actually sewn to the hair it's not pulling on it/adding weight to the hair.
2) how do you wash/ nourish your scalp? The same way you wash your hair without a weave. The net does make it a little more difficult. I personally do not like the net.
3) would it be a bad idea to get the BKT and then a weave? Probably. Also if you're getting a full head weave with all your hair covered what's the point of BKTing?
4) anybody know of any weave masters in brooklyn? I am trying to get a full head weave with bangs.:grin: Sorry I'm in MD...