how do you apply your conditioner?

how are you applying your conditioner

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

tri3nity

I was wondering if all of the time I take to section my hair and apply conditioner from roots to end is really beneficial or a waste of time? I used the YTC on Tuesday and just rubbed it in and my hair still came out detangled and soft. How do you ladies condition?

ceebee3

For me it depends on the type of conditioner. I like creamy conditioners so I apply in sections and comb through so all the roots are covered.

If it's more liquid I just apply from my hairline to my nape and then use a comb to coat all the strands.

JJamiah

I take it put it in both hands and just apply it to edges and then along the hair and ends I then comb through it and no tangle issues. Did you like the YTC Mask, I bought some last week, I hope you went to Walgreens and got it on sale, BOGO! I got mine Sunday, thanks in advance :)

Last edited:

Chaosbutterfly

Transition Over
From 1-6 weeks post, I pour it in my hand and slap it in there. I wash my hair in halves, so I put a big old handful on each half, smooth it down the length, and I add a little bit more on the ends. I don't comb it through, because to me, that's unnecessary manipulation. The heat melts it, so it gets to all the strands anyway.

From 6-10 weeks post, I still wash in halves, so the procedure is pretty much the same. Only difference is I part the halves into smaller sections (4 on each side) with my fingers, and smooth on the conditioner from root to tip.

From 10 weeks post+, I apply DC just like relaxer. I wash my hair in fourths, so I take one section down, use the pointed end of a coloring brush to part it into a smaller section, and then use the brush to smooth DC onto the new growth. I do that to my whole head, and then I go back to apply conditioner to the length and ends.

The last way takes the most time and uses the most product, but my new growth really benefits from the special attention and care. Hth!

Vashti

My hair is short so I just take a couple of dollops of conditioner and gently rub it in, starting from the roots and going towards the ends.

Rose1

Usually I pour conditioner into my hands and then massage it in. But recently I have started applying it with a relaxer brush (I can't remember who suggested this method). I takes a little longer to apply but at least everywhere is properly covered.

FlawedBeauty

just slap a bunch on my head then press down to smoosh it in til i feel it cold on my scalp, then i squeeze it down the length.

tri3nity

I totally agree with the 1-6 weeks just slapping it on. And then applying it section by section up until my retouch. And JJamiah I have hit up every walgreens near my house and work purchasing every hair and scalp mud in sight! They have them for $6.59 and then buy one get one free. The PJ in me had to do it with them regular priced at $12.99. Had to do it!!! :)

Vshanell

FKA Pokahontas
I take it put it in both hands and just apply it to edges and then along the hair and ends I then comb through it and no tangle issues. Did you like the YTC Mask, I bought some last week, I hope you went to Walgreens and got it on sale, BOGO! I got mine Sunday, thanks in advance :)
Girl I racked up on some YTC at the Walgreens sale. That stuff is amazing! I've been raving about it for awhile. I also got Yes to Tomatoes to try. Those conditioners are all I will ever need for conditioners in my life.:grin:

As far as how I apply conditioners I just slap it on. If it's a deep con I separate my hair into 4 sections just to make sure I get the underside and my nape covered otherwise I don't take much time on it. As long as you get all your hair covered it's fine. I don't even concentrate on my roots because I don't feel like they need anything since they are so new and healthy.

Vshanell

FKA Pokahontas
I totally agree with the 1-6 weeks just slapping it on. And then applying it section by section up until my retouch. And JJamiah I have hit up every walgreens near my house and work purchasing every hair and scalp mud in sight! They have them for $6.59 and then buy one get one free. The PJ in me had to do it with them regular priced at $12.99. Had to do it!!! :)
My walgreens only had one of the mask :nono:.

tri3nity

My walgreens only had one of the mask :nono:.

Is the scalp and hair mask considered a deep conditioner since it says to leave on for 15 minutes? And have you tried addind silk to it? I'm trying it tomorrow! I'm excited about it!! Yes I am !!

Supervixen

I used to just take a dollop or two and rub it in.

Now, I practice the HOLY GRAIL technique for conditioning....the patchouli85 method that westndnbeauty posted.
So, I slather on the conditioner. It helps the PJ in me get through my bottles of conditioner quickly, and move on to try new ones! :) It also makes my rollersets or flat irons shiny and super straight.

http://www.youtube.com/user/patchouli85#p/a/u/1/NegFfvnthBg

Last edited:

Vshanell

FKA Pokahontas
Is the scalp and hair mask considered a deep conditioner since it says to leave on for 15 minutes? And have you tried addind silk to it? I'm trying it tomorrow! I'm excited about it!! Yes I am !!
Yes I consider it a dc since it says it's a mask and to leave it on for 15 minutes. I wish I knew more about the ingredients in deep conditioners because I don't know what i'm looking for. You should be excited because that stuff is heaven. Your tangles will slip right out like nobody's business:lick:. I've never used a conditioner so slippery! It even has my beloved Pantene mask beat. And on top of that it makes my hair super shiny.

MahoganyJazz

I just recently started applying it like shampoo. I slather it on and massage it all in. Seems to coat all the strands and my scalp better.

PJaye

I slather it on with my hair in halves - starting at the hairline and nape and working my way down. Then, I continually smooth the halves making sure that they are completely saturated before applying more on the ends. After which, I gather the hair into a loose bun on the top of my head.

LynnieB

Absolutely, positively in sections. If not then there will be chunks of hair that never see a drop.

Adaoba2012

I used to just slap it on..but since I started applying it in sections like a relaxer I've noticed a complete difference in the way my hair feels. For example if I wash my hair on a sunday by thursday it would start to feel really dry despite daily moisturizing. I washed last sunday and conditioned in sections using a relaxer brush and my hair still feels very soft and moisturized today :yep:

TamedTresses

I start at the roots and then I work my way down to my ends. I make several parts to ensure that the middle of my head is taken care of.

Truth

I try to remember to smoosh it in..however I just end up rubbing and slathering it in..

NikkiGirl

I finger part in four sections and apply to the four sections. I just like to feel like every strand is getting coated.