moisturizers for relaxed hair?

okay so don't think of me as being lazy, but i simply do not have enough time in my day to look through thousands of threads. I need a suggestion for a good moisturizer for relaxed hair. Everything I try makes my hair feel wet and when it dries, my hair it not straight anymore. Can anyone give me a suggestion?

againstallodds

I'm relaxed and have fine strands. I use Qhemet Biologic Burdock Root Butter Cream and I love it. My hair is moisturized and soft but not weighed down or greasy feeling. hth :)

Toy

I'm relaxed and have fine strands. I use Qhemet Biologic Burdock Root Butter Cream and I love it. My hair is moisturized and soft but not weighed down or greasy feeling. hth :)

Cosigning on Qhemet root burdock butter and the Olive and Honey balm Good Stuff!!!

nymane

Finding the right moisturizer is pretty much trial and error but I like:

Darcy's Botanicals Transitioning Creme (this is my # 1)
Herbal Essences Long Term Relationship leave-in
Cantu Shea Butter leave-in

Mai Tai

Miss Nigeria-America
I like Jane Carter's Nourishing Cream.

I've recently started mixing it with aloe vera gel. Talk about soft and silky hair.

sweetpuff

i have fine strands, 4a/b , medium density...

when I relaxed, I used ORS olive oil moisturizer (for baggies and cold months mostly).
I also used kid's organics shea butter moisturizer ( warmer days as the texture of the moisturizer is lighter)

Water( intake and co-washing. no seriously, don't underestimate the first way to moisturize hair=water)

while transitioning and stretching I'd use all of the above and a mix of water and S-curl moisturizer put in a spray bottle.

HTH

*CherryPie*

Neutrogena triple moisture leave in
Carefree Curl Gold
Karen's Body Beautiful Hairmilk, or any one of the leave ins they sell.
Nexxus Humectress
Rusk Sensories Leave in

...I'm sure you gathered from my list that I use leave ins as moisturizers. :look:

KinkyGenius

That's my staple moisturizer @ bolded. Nothing has moisturized my hair better than that stuff.

simplyconfident

I've tried at least 9 (hydrathermal natural growth ltion, elesta qp mango butter, mizani h20, herbal essence long term relationship, shescentit moisturizer, carols daughter something with magic in the title, hairveda whipped aloe, shescentit butters, NTM and some I don't even recall)

The one that works wonders for my 4a/b relaxed hair is Jane Carter solutions nourish and shine. Worth every penny IMO!

leigh.hill

So very true for me! I am still looking for a good moisturizer. The "traditional" ones (QP Mango Butter, Mizani and KeraKare) do not work for me. ORS Carrot Oil is okay, very moisturizing, but leaves my hair feeling a little greasy. I don't know if this would help or not but I am currently in the process of ordering trial sizes of moisturizers from beemine.com and komaza.com. Also Qhemet sells trial sizes too.

frizzy

This is where using a "nickel or a dime sized amount" comes into play. I use a variety of leave-ins during the week. Some are creamy and some are as wet as water. What I do is aim for the ends with a nickel sized amount followed with a dime sized amount of oil, then I wrap and tie it up for bed. I wash weekly and may moisturize 2X's at the most during the week.

bimtheduck

Neutrogena triple moisture silk touch leave in
Jane Carter Nourish and Shine
Mane n' Tail stregthening daily condtioning spray
Jane Carter revitalizing leave in spray

Mizani intense nighttime treatment
HE long term relationship leave in

VirtuousGal

I've fallen in love with Africa's Best Olive Oil Growth Lotion, after I overlooked it for all this years. It penetrates the hair pretty well to me with a watery creamy texture. Just don't use too much, and whenever I seal with oil my hair becomes heavy, but when I dont, I need to reapply moisture more frequently :/

Poranges

Positive Vibrations
I use & love Qhemet BRBC. I am a stretcher, so at about 12 weeks post to minimize manipulation I spray my hair w/ Shescenit Moisture Mist.