Bra strap to waist length challenge?

NappyNelle

Kinky Coily 4A, Fine Strands, WSL
I'd love to join. I guess this is our challenge thread. Woohoo!

I'm currently in the land between BSL and MBL. I've been here a while, and I think I'll still be here by the end of December. I am working toward a full WSL 2013, and unplanned braid outs to be APL! :party:

WaistLengthDreams

:hiya: I'm between BSL and MBL and I probably need about another 4-5 inches before I'm full waist length. With my recent decision to trim more often, I hope I can be there by December 2013. I've been deep conditioning regularly, bunning, and limiting flat iron use. I plan to continue this until I get there.

How are the rest of you hair divas doing?

claud-uk

Aww, claud-uk, no one's gonna laugh at you girl :(

This made me sad :( we don't laugh at anybody in the WL 2013 challenge.

But this challenge isn't a bad idea.

Sent from my Teleportation Device

claud-uk - No one would ever laugh at you! :nono:

You gotta dream, so why not dream for WL in 2013? I might not make it, but I'm damn sure gonna try! Like I said, I'm not even BSL, but I'm up in this thread already! :lol:

You can do it!!! :weird:

MzSwift SmilingElephant sunnieb

I'm sorry if I have offended any of the ladies in the WL2013 challenge - I apologize, it was not meant as a derogatory comment :nono: just a reflection of how I feel. Nobody has ever been anything but supportive here, it's amazing and I love it.

I speak for myself. I guess I feel like I'm "playing with the big boys" just at the thought of waist length... standing on the outside looking in with my meagre bowl of gruel while you guys tuck into lavish banquet!!! I look forward to joining the WL 20XX family soon.

Last edited:

MzSwift

I speak for myself. I guess I feel like I'm "playing with the big boys" just at the thought of waist length...

((BIG HUG))
It's cool, girl. :)

If it's any consolation, I feel the same way. It's amazing to me that I'm trying to shoot for WL by the end of next year. I still feel like lots of ladies are further ahead but I can't look at their progress.

Three short years ago, I failed to meet my goal of 3 inches of hair by December 2009 and now I'm closing in on MBL! I have never had hair this long -- even as a child. As an adult, my hair has never been longer than maybe 4".

These challenges make me push myself and keep me accountable to other ladies. Ever since I started going for growth goals, I've been surpassing them by the year's end. I think you'll do the same! Look how much healthier your hair is, just in appearance, since you've started your journey! You can do it!!:grin:

NappyNelle

Kinky Coily 4A, Fine Strands, WSL
If it's any consolation, I feel the same way. It's amazing to me that I'm trying to shoot for WL by the end of next year. I still feel like lots of ladies are further ahead but I can't look at their progress.

These challenges make me push myself and keep me accountable to other ladies. Ever since I started going for growth goals, I've been surpassing them by the year's end. I think you'll do the same! Look how much healthier your hair is, just in appearance, since you've started your journey! You can do it!!:grin:

EVERY.SINGLE.WORD. that MzSwift shared is true for me, too.

claud-uk We can do this! I see other ladies making progress by leaps and bounds, so why do I tell myself that it can't happen?! :spinning: It very well can as long as I'm consistent and take care of my hair. My growth rate may not be the same, but that doesn't mean I can't retain the inches that do grow. Keep your eye on the prize and join the party! :yep:

cutenss

I wanna join :yep: I just went from MBL to between APL and BSL with a 4" trim last week. I want to see how long I can get, while maintaining healthy ends. For some reason, the longer my hair gets, the worst my ends get :nono: I have a pic ready to post, if required.

manter26

I'm in as well. I think I'll be BSL by this December, so I'm shooting for WL in December 2013 or March 2014 (5 years post last relaxer).

LiveLoveLife

I want to join! :grin: I'm at MBL currently (after being stuck at BSL for a year)..hopefully by my 24th birthday in July, I'll be at waist. So that's 9 months and about about 3.5 inches of hair (SLOW grower). I intend on retaining every single centimeter :lol: and hopefully that will put me at WSL, or pretty close to it.

I'll come back in here and post my starting pics the next time I straighten. Trying to do without direct heat for October, so it may be a little while.

Happy growing ladies!!

Eta...that no direct heat thing didn't last long at all!! Here is my starting pic (hopefully this works I'm editing from my phone)

image-2865431674.jpg

Last edited:

NJoy

Here I grow again!
Count me in! I BC'd to BSB last month and expect to get back to WL+ in 2013.

Let's do this! :woohoo:

WaistLengthDreams

I want to join! :grin: I'm at MBL currently (after being stuck at BSL for a year)..hopefully by my 24th birthday in July, I'll be at waist. So that's 9 months and about about 3.5 inches of hair (SLOW grower). I intend on retaining every single centimeter :lol: and hopefully that will put me at WSL, or pretty close to it.

I'll come back in here and post my starting pics the next time I straighten. Trying to do without direct heat for October, so it may be a little while.

Happy growing ladies!!

Eta...that no direct heat thing didn't last long at all!! Here is my starting pic (hopefully this works I'm editing from my phone)

View attachment 171245

Gorgeous hair!

I'll be posting my starting picture after my next relaxer and trim.

NJoy

Here I grow again!
Wellllll, I called myself cutting a bang in my hair. I pray that it looks decent when all is said and done. I will probably want a bang ultimately but, who told me I should be the one to do it? :perplexed Grow, hair. Grow.

NJoy

Here I grow again!
Ok. So I'm officially BSL. I BC'd to bsb last month. Here are my latest length check pics. Here I grow again! :drunk:

Attachments

• 9-18-12.jpg
    9-18-12.jpg
    2.6 KB · Views: 90
  • 10-20-12.jpg
    10-20-12.jpg
    4.3 KB · Views: 90
  • Oct20-12.jpg
    Oct20-12.jpg
    4.4 KB · Views: 90

NowIAmNappy

I'm late but I would like to join. In June I cut my MBL hair to APL and now I'm somewhere between BSL and MBL again

bemajor

I want to join as well. Just took out a twist and snapped a pic while studying a few days ago lol. I'm straightening my hair next month. I'll post a better pic then.

ETA: the section in the pic is 17 inches

Attachments

• Photo on 11-18-12 at 3.31 PM #2.jpg
    Photo on 11-18-12 at 3.31 PM #2.jpg
    139.2 KB · Views: 51
Last edited:

greenbees

I'm in. I'm BSL right now and I feel like my hair grow super slow but WL is my final goal (for now at least :look:). My starting pictures are posted below (I posted these when I hit BSL and I haven't taken any new pictures yet because I'm trying to stop measuring my hair every second of the day lol). I think I have about 7 inches (!!) to WL.

bemajor

So..are there any rules/suggestions? I guess we know what works by now..
Just report results every so often?