Silk Elements Megasilk Conditioner vs. Design Essentials Moisturizing Conditioner

Which conditioner is best for your type 4 a/b hair?

• Design Essentials Moisturizing Conditioner

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Spongie Bloom

Re: Silk Elements Megasilk Conditioner vs. Design Essentials Moisturizing Conditione

Silk elements was really good for my relaxed 4a/b hair. Unfortunately the sallys near my house closed so I couldnt get it anymore LOL but I remember how good it was, Ive never used DE so i cant compare

McQuay30

Re: Silk Elements Megasilk Conditioner vs. Design Essentials Moisturizing Conditione

I have the DE but I do not like it maybe I will try it again, but I have not tried the other one. The DE seemed a bit dry.

Mai Tai

Miss Nigeria-America

Never tried the DE, but I LOVE the Silk Elements!

MrJohnsonsRib

I got the silk elements shampoo and condish on sale at Sally's when they finally opened one up here in the cold AK...I actually used it quite regularly for a while there but I am not the one to notice results. Didn't seem to have much of an issue but I figure that if I can't remember the results that it maybe wasn't all of that. Never tried Design Essentials though. I am trying to cut back on PJ spending. I just bought some Shea Butter yesterday the only thing I got in the past couple months. I suppose I could use it some more and actually note more specific changes.

mscocoface

I was trying to find products I could purchase around my area and tested the Silk Elements line. I love the conditioners and that small one called mega silk leave in. That stuff is great.

I am a 4z with natural hair that when left alone can become very pissy, angry and extremely crunchy.

This shuts it up with a quickness.

One would think by reading this that my hair has a mind of its own........IT DOES! :yep:

Barbara

Princess

Thanks Ladies! Threads like this keeps me from buying every conditioner that's raved about.

Smiley79

I did not like the DE conditioner...it did absolutely nothing for my hair. But I am very curious to give the Silk Elements a try. KISS gave some great reviews on her blog about it.

beana

I've used both.. when i go to the salon they use DE... its okay. My hair feels soft after i rinse it, but no where near as soft and smooth as the silk elements leaves my hair.

the SE megasilk is the absolute BEST moisturizing conditioner ive EVER used!!:yep:

JJamiah

I LOVE SILK ELEMENTS MEGASILK moiturizing conditioner, it is my staple.
I have the olive oil and the regular and when it goes on sale I pick up 4 TUBS and if I have enough money next time I will pick up 6. I love it LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT ...... Breathing..... LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT.

My hair is soft and SILKY

isawstars

I just looked up the ingredients for the megasilk olive moisturizing conditioner:

WATER ,CETEARYL ALCOHOL ,CETYL ESTERS ,GLYCERIN ,STEARALKONIUM CHLORIDE ,AMODIMETHICONE ,SODIUM PCA ,CETRIMONIUM CHLORIDE ,TRIDECETH-12 ,HYDROLYZED SILK ,OLEA EUROPAEA (OLIVE) FRUIT OIL ,BEHENTRIMONIUM METHOSULFATE ,FRAGRANCE ,DMDM HYDANTOIN ,IODOPROPYNYL BUTYLCARBAMATE ,YELLOW 5 ,BLUE #1 ,BENZYL BENZOATE ,BENZYL SALICYLATE ,LINALOOL ,BUTYLPHENYL METHYLPROPIONAL ,HEXYL CINNAMAL

It has Hydrolyzed Silk so I may have to try it! Does anyone know if it it has a lot of slip??

SelfStyled

^^^^^It has sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much slip.
Can you tell how much I love this conditioner? I am a true conditioner junky at heart and this one conditioner has stopped my PJ ways cold. Brrrrrr.

Sorry to hijack your thread OP. I have never tried DE anything so I can't answer the question.

Barbara

Princess

I LOVE SILK ELEMENTS MEGASILK moiturizing conditioner, it is my staple.
I have the olive oil and the regular and when it goes on sale I pick up 4 TUBS and if I have enough money next time I will pick up 6. I love it LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT ...... Breathing..... LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT.

My hair is soft and SILKY

Since you have both formulas, which one do you like the best?