Keracare Super Reconstructor???

northernbelle

Does anyone currently use this product? If so, what is your assessment?

Please note: I am not referring to the 5 in 1. That's normally used following the relaxer touch up.

Thanks!

northernbelle

northernbelle

[ QUOTE ]
karly said:
I have it. It reminds me of Nexxus emergencee and the ingredients are very similar.

[/ QUOTE ]

Karly,

What is your opinion of the Keracare Super Reconstructor? Is it effective?

northernbelle

karly

I would definitely use a moisturizing conditioner afterwards. The bottle says follow-up with affirm 5-in-1 (more protein) and that may be why my hair wasn't as soft and detangled. I have to try it again with out the 5-in-1.

It is very effective at strengthening the hair but if I had to choose, it would be emergencee. With emergencee my hair is stronger but still soft and easy to detangle even without a moisturizing conditioner.

Valerie

It is very good, I used it when my hair was badly broken, damaged, short and still breaking and I followed with a moisturizing treatment, it was such a long time a go, anyway, it's very good.

Faith

karly,

Besides the softness you felt after using emergencee was there any other difference between the two products? Thanks /images/graemlins/smile.gif

ETA: Could somebody list the ingredients in the super recon? Thanks.

karly

I can't really say that I've noticed any other difference. They're both very good products.

Keracare Super Reconstructor Ingredients/Composition: Aqua, Collagen Amino Acids, polyacrylamidomethylpropane Sulfonic Acid, Propylene Glycol, Hydrolyzed Elastin, Hydrolyzed Collagen, Sodium PCA, Methylparaben, Imidazolidinyl Urea.

Nexxus Emergencee Ingredients/Composition: Polyacrylamidomethylpropane Sulfonic Acid, Water (Aqua), Collagen Amino Acids, Hydrolyzed Elastin, Propylene Glycol, Hydrolyzed Collagen, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, DMDM Hydantoin, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, Methylparaben.

Faith

Wow...very similar contents...thanks. I was just about to ask somebody to post the ingredients /images/graemlins/smile.gif

MonaLisa

Thinking that there could be a possible difference in price and amount of product for price....there also is a slight difference in the listing of the ingredients and wonder if that makes any difference in terms of concentration... /images/graemlins/confused.gif

Faith

Yeah I may have to go with the Kearacare since the only emergencee I culd find was 4oz for $23. And the Keracare was 8oz for about $28. I'm sure the order of listing does affect the concentration but I'm not sure to what degree...hmmmm