OK so i recently purchased.........

myxdchiick

Lustrasilk Shea Butter + Mango Cholesterol

Cocoacare coco butter sticks (3)

Proclaim Curl Activator Gel 10.5 oz

Proclaim Natural beeswax

Apple Cider Vinegar
_________________________________________________________________________________
I want to do an ACV rinse but I dont know what to do.....
My plan was to wash(pre-poo, poo, condition, DC) and then somehow incorporate the ACV in there...
I don't know if i'm suppose to do it before or after the following:
A.)pre-poo
B.)the poo
C.)the condition
D.)or DC..
Which one?

After That...........................
I wanted to try the homemade Miss Jessie's curly pudding on my transitioning hair but I don't know if I should shingle or just put it in as a regular WnG product. Also, It would be very heplful if someone could give me proportions for my curly pudding. (Since I don't have the big 32 oz jar.)
It seems as though the proclaim curl activator has been reformulated. I was on naturallyjunky.com, and she says there is a product reformulation on this. Then there is a link that directs you to sallybeauty.com for the ingredients. While comparing the ingredients posted here and the one on the site, I would say that they have changed...But then again what do I know about ingredients?? Nothing! So ladies it would be nice if you can give some reassurance that it is still ok to use or suggest another one. TIA! And HHG!

Last edited:

Nonie

I see beeswax, activator and cocoa butter sticks. Is that what you were going to use to make the curly pudding? I ask coz I got the recipe a few years back and tried it. Instead of giving me bouncy curls, my hair just curled back on itself and I wound up with a do that looked like "who did what to whom and why".

myxdchiick

I see beeswax, activator and cocoa butter sticks. Is that what you were going to use to make the curly pudding? I ask coz I got the recipe a few years back and tried it. Instead of giving me bouncy curls, my hair just curled back on itself and I wound up with a do that looked like "who did what to whom and why".

yes... I forgot to mention that I ETA, I replaced the pictures with the names.

darlingdiva

In terms of the ACV, many people use it as a final rinse--after you've done everything else. That's how I use it.

Nonie

In terms of the ACV, many people use it as a final rinse--after you've done everything else. That's how I use it.

Yes, I agree with Darlingdiva: I too do it at the end of my wash. Some people like to do it before their conditioner. I mix a 1/4 cup ACV in about 2 gallons of water. Try both ways (before conditioner and after conditioner) and see which one you like. The ACV closes the cuticles of your hair, so some people like it to be the last thing after conditioning so that any goodness that entered the hair is locked in when the cuticles close; and others prefer it to be just before the conditioner because they believe it helps remove all traces of shampoo and while closing the hair cuticle and then the conditioner seals the deal providing a protective coat over the hair strand. I don't think either method is wrong.

Please post pics. I have a friend with 4A hair and that concoction worked so well for her, that's why I tried it. My hair is just weird. :lol: