Does pyrithione zinc increase hair growth?

jazzzmoods

I stumbled across this article after seeing a head and shoulders commercial and wondering what ingredient in it helped the scalp. I googled it and found a study.....I dont have scalp issues or dandruff, this was simply out of curiosity.

Anyone use dandruff sampoo and see increased growth?

http://www3.interscience.wiley.com/journal/118864954/abstract?CRETRY=1&SRETRY=0

The conlusion was:

Conclusions Hair count results show a modest and sustained improvement in hair growth with daily use of a 1% pyrithione zinc shampoo over a 26-week treatment period

SvelteVelvet

I suffered from dandruff when I was in middle school. My mother began to use a combination of Head & Shoulders and greasing my scalp with Sulfur 8. My hair experienced a growth spurt from this and it makes sense all that scalp tingly it does. Of course I can't remember how long I used it or how long it took to see the growth but all I know is all of a sudden my hair was thick and long. *Making notes to purchase Head & Shoulders this week*

jazzzmoods

I suffered from dandruff when I was in middle school. My mother began to use a combination of Head & Shoulders and greasing my scalp with Sulfur 8. My hair experienced a growth spurt from this and it makes sense all that scalp tingly it does. Of course I can't remember how long I used it or how long it took to see the growth but all I know is all of a sudden my hair was thick and long. *Making notes to purchase Head & Shoulders this week*

LOL! I know! I made the same note to maybe pick some up this week.....ahhh...the PJ in me is BADDD:wallbash:

supermodelsonya

You all should really stop posting threads like this. I'm constantly at BSS stores, Walmart, Walgreens, etc...in the hair care aisle. (off to Walgreens)

Junebug D

It's probably similar to how MN works: clearing up scalp issues and promoting an extra-healthy growing environment.

manegoal

I was just on their website last night, after seeing their commerical. The commerical seemed to be promoting the use of their conditioners like conditioner washing with it or something. They didn't mention the shampoo which got my attention. I'll be going to the store later. lol :)

sydwrites

Its possible, I was just doing some research on vitamins for hair growth for my blog and I found that lack of zinc can lead to hair loss, so maybe the addition of some gives hair growth or at least helps you keep the strands you have longer before its shed hair.