*>Diva Smooth<*-- >An Alternative to Relaxers?<

1babydimple

I got the package today and here are the ingredients straight off the bottle of

Diva smooth.organic raw wild honey, organic olive oil, sugar, zea mays starch(corn starch), lemon extract, vinegar, vitamine an essential oils

All that hype:lachen:Nope no battery acid

Virgin Coconut Hair Serum

organic virgin coconut oil, organic jojoba oil, virgin palm oil, grapeseed oil, rose petal, blend of essential oils

Last edited:

AtlantaJJ

I got the package today and here are the ingredients straight off the bottle of

Diva smooth.organic raw wild honey, organic olive oil, sugar, zea mays starch(corn starch), lemon extract, vinegar, vitamine an essential oils

All that hype:lachen:Nope no battery acid

Virgin Coconut Hair Serum

organic virgin coconut oil, organic jojoba oil, virgin palm oil, grapeseed oil, rose petal, blend of essential oils
That Diva smooth sounds like a topping for my banana-split :look:

Sounds yummy....
When are you going to try it?

Are you natural...spill the beans, we need before and after pictures :grin:

Thanks for posting!

1babydimple

I should also add I received the Sweet Jamila which consist of jojoba, hemp, sweet almond, shea butter, olive oil and other essential oils nad natural botanicals.

My free gift was a facial bar of Lavender & Oatmeal soap

1babydimple

I'll probably unbraid this afternoon and begin the wash process tomorrow. I'm in my 11th month no relaxer so this should be a very, very interesting before and after. LOL

Oh and it smells really good too - Granny making cookies or something. LOL

Dlewis26

ok, I have just read 18 pages of this thread. It's a shame that we had to go through all that just for one hair product.:nono:

lashannasmall

It sounds like a conditioner to me. Just like using the coconut cream relaxer. Also, I do appreciate vanessa being on here. I do have some advice, I am a business woman myself and Vanessa's answers were just confusing and unclear. Like for instance, she kept using the term new growth. If you do not have a perm, you cannot tell new growth from old growth. If it is all natural, you should not have new growth. Also, someone asked about heat damage and she tip toed over the question. I was in sales for years, you have to very careful with the language you use to describe a product and how it works.

lashannasmall

Talking about language, when I said new growth, I was talking about the way it is used for those who are relaxed. See, that is what I am talking about when I say language is tricky!!! LOL, but I am not trying to sell hair products so I get a "get out of jail free pass"

Miamori

YAY for the ingredient list and I can't wait to see results. I hope everyone who tries this likes it and has good and healthy results.

I also agree that it sounds like a conditioner, but what else is it supposed to sound like, ya'll? Not a relaxer, since it isn't supposed to be one.. not a styling agent like a butter or glaze...

I assumed it would (and should) be more like a good, natural conditioner with certain results more than anything else... I couldn't really think of any other options if it was supposed to be an "alternative."

mrsmercery

I am so glad it turned out well for you. I have been staying away from this thread. It's so funny that we take Aphogee's word that the protein reconstuctor lasts for six weeks, but gave this sister such a hard time about saying her product could last up to four:sad:. I use Aphogee and never once consumed myself with studying the ingredient list...

vanessa9052

I am so glad it turned out well for you. I have been staying away from this thread. It's so funny that we take Aphogee's word that the protein reconstuctor lasts for six weeks, but gave this sister such a hard time about saying her product could last up to four:sad:. I use Aphogee and never once consumed myself with studying the ingredient list...
Hello this is Diva, I am so pleased she likes it.....and thanks for the kind words....i have worked so long on this Divasmooth....im so pleased she likes it......

1babydimple

Thanks for the phone # Vanessa and thank you lady's. Even though it got side tracked this was a very helpful thread to a solution for transitioning. The last 2 months I took my braids/twist out I couldn't smooth it with gel flat and my flat ironing was a joke, but I actaully got those roots smooth :) Man yall just don't know it would take 2-3 hours to do my hair.

Vanessa you offer bigger bottles ? For real ......

vanessa9052

Thanks for the phone # Vanessa and thank you lady's. Even though it got side tracked this was a very helpful thread to a solution for transitioning. The last 2 months I took my braids/twist out I couldn't smooth it with gel flat and my flat ironing was a joke, but I actaully got those roots smooth :) Man yall just don't know it would take 2-3 hours to do my hair.

Vanessa you offer bigger bottles ? For real ......
I am about to do the 32oz..and maybe even Tubs for salons ( maybe ) so tell me how did you like doing it...it was so easy ( right ) lol....see I told you it was organic....i'm happy you tried it. now the girls can see what you think about the Divasmooth....and your roots are straight you go girl hahahahahahahaha

1babydimple

It wasn't any harder than applying a relaxer. Actually better because when some dripped on my neck and face I wasn't having a panic attack looking for towel and more vaseline. You made a believer out of me. I can do this once a month with no problem. I'll be looking for the tub - good looking out:grin:

Also I do like the coconut hair serum, but ladies if you don't like the smell of rose oil, water etc. don't get it. That's straight up rose water - not bad - I could hang LOLOL

Oh yes the Sweet Jamila smells wonderful and so far I like that too - honey I'm so excited about being able to make a pontail without a hump in the top of my head LOL I like it all LOLOL

vanessa9052

It wasn't any harder than applying a relaxer. Actually better because when some dripped on my neck and face I wasn't having a panic attack looking for towel and more vaseline. You mad a believer out of me. I can do this once a month with no problem.

Also I do like the coconut hair serum, but ladies if you don't like the smell of rose oil, water etc. don't get it. That's straight up rose water - not bad - I could hang LOLOL

Oh yes the Sweet Jamila smells wonderful and so far I like that too - honey I'm so excited about being able to make a pontail without a hump in the top of my head LOL I like it all LOLOL
Now keep in mind you can do it every week if you want because it is ORGANIC,,, no CHEMICAL it wont hurt you...and see you didnt even burn...some of my clients get it and put it in and clean there whole house some even sleep in it lol.....i just love it.....i thank god he put it in me to make....have fun with it girl,,,do you THING.......how do you like the body and bounce.....

1babydimple

The body and bounce are amazing not at all like some pre- blow/dry, flat iron products. Especially for us 4c's and beyond. We need extra moisture but want that swang too. :)

I say 1x a month because I usually try to make my twist, braids last a month. One question - would you recommend the oil for daily use?

vanessa9052

The body and bounce are amazing not at all like some pre- blow/dry, flat iron products. Especially for us 4c's and beyond. We need extra moisture but want that swang too. :)

I say 1x a month because I usually try to make my twist, braids last a month. One question - would you recommend the oil for daily use?
if you use it every day just use a little....you dont need a lot at all....trust me.. and that oil will last you a very long time.....if you use it right.......:grin:

1babydimple

Thanks again and good looking out. Let me know when the tubs become available. I'm off to twist some knots in my new doo :) and put these bones to bed. Have a good one ladies.

vanessa9052

Thanks again and good looking out. Let me know when the tubs become available. I'm off to twist some knots in my new doo :) and put these bones to bed. Have a good one ladies.
Good night girl...have fun with your Fly new hair.....keep me posted and if you need me...halla....THANKS, CREATOR OF THE DIVASMOOTH.......

texasqt

LHCF will make a sista' renig on a new year's resolution in a minute!!! I said I wasn't going to buy anything else but this might be the thing that's gonna save my hair during my transition! Where's my purse!?!?:lachen: