I sooo do not miss spending the entire day in the salon!!!

naturalmanenyc

DH left to go and get his hair done at like 11 a.m. and he is JUST NOW getting into the chair. It's the first of the month (so everyone got paid) and he had no appointment. He is lucky that she was even able to work him in.

I am so glad that I don't have to deal with the salon anymore.:grin::grin::grin::grin:

He normally would go late at night (after hours with no waiting) but his work hours no longer allow for it.

naturalmanenyc

I know!!! He thought that 11 a.m. was going early. HAH!! I was the first one at my old salon on a Saturday - by 7:30 a.m.

I feel you...I'm always worried my stylist will cut too much, but soon I will need a trim, but I will go back to my aunt......cuz she knows what's up!

sunshinebeautiful

Me neither. Later for that mess. Never again. :nono:

I usually do my own hair, but when I want my hair done I usually head straight to the local JCPenney salon bc they have me in and out in 2 hours or less. :yep:

ETA: BTW, I went last week and let a white lady do my hair. :eek: I was nervous, but she had my hair relaxer silky and straight with that Chi iron. :yep:

Tallone

I feel you! My salon visits were causing problems when I first had children. Its not like I wanted to be away from the baby but you know how it is, slave to the salon. And oh the calls, "how much longer are you going to be"?....like I would have any clue!

baddison

natural for good
Ain't it da TRUTH!! Being a D-I-Y'er is the BEST thing that ever happened to my hair (...and to my WALLET!!!....)!!! :yep:My hairdresser keeps calling wondering what's happened to me...LOL!!!

naturalmanenyc

DH has very long dreadlocks and although I have offered to retwist them for him......he won't let me even try. Oh well. I hope he took a book. lol lol

tgrowe

And I have been seriously thinking about firing my stylist over the past few weeks. I have always been a DIYer ever since I was old enough to do my own hair. I may not have done everything right but I was never afraid to do my own hair. I recently chose to start going to a stylist again since I had much hair breakage due to stress from the loss of my father, poor hair care techniques, and hormone imbalance. It was very out of shape. I would have gone to my previous stylist but the wait is at least 3-4 hours and I don't have that kind of time so I chose this lady who is well known in my city when it comes to hair. She can relax very well but her wash and sets leave my hair feeling like brillo pads. Must be her products because my hair doesn't feel like that after I wash it, what gives? She told me when she relaxed my hair last that my hair was shedding because I needed a touch-up ( I was six weeks post) and I didn't need to go beyond six weeks or more between relaxers. Are you telling me this because this is what you concluded after thoroughly assessing MY hair or is that the best you can come up with to keep the dollars coming? Needless to say, it didn't settle right with me. I know some people can't go longer than six weeks post relaxers but my new growth wasn't that bad. She was going by the puffiness of my hair and nothing else.:ohwell:

isawstars

A Saturday with no appointment :nono:

even when you DO have an appointment on Saturday... :nono: I always avoid going to the salon on Friday and Saturdays. If I go on Weekdays I make sure I go BEFORE 4:30pm (when people get off work).