What oil base would you choose for your hair oil?

What oil base would you choose for a natural hair oil?

• carrot oil

Votes: 3 3.1%
  • sesame oil

Votes: 3 3.1%
  • olive oil

Votes: 19 19.6%
  • coconut oil

Votes: 45 46.4%
  • light liquified paraffin

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • blended oil base

Votes: 9 9.3%
  • other, please specify

Votes: 17 17.5%

• Total voters

JustKiya

Personally, I'm in love with castor oil, right now. It seems to be the only one my hair really agrees with. :yep:

Khadija.D.Carryl

It seems castor oil is really popular right now!

I also forgot to add the argan oil as an option. It is from Morocco, and absolutely amazing!

Lavendar

I was gonna say sesame, but now that you mention argan, that really piques my interest. I have read that it's incredible but really expensive.

anon123

I picked coconut oil, olive oil would be my second place

Me, too. Coconut in warmer weather, olive in colder because coconut goes solid at comparatively high temps. Though avocado is really growing on me. Castor oil seems to make my head itch and is generally too thick/tacky for my liking.

jamaraa

Coconut AND jojoba....one for the darkening and the other to keep it all liquid in colder weather. Not to mention, jojoba is just about the perfect oil. Of course, there'd be other carriers, but these two would be my base.

Aggie

I voted for other ie, jojoba oil and a close second would be organic virgin coconut oil:yep:.

Stella B.

I use coconut oil for my scalp and hair strands, and I use castor oil for rollersetting. By experimenting with different oils, you can find out which oil your hair likes. I have tried a lot of different oils, but I know my coconut oil is here to stay!!!!!

Miss*Tress

Coconut oil is the best for my hair. Sometimes I blend it with castor oil; the mixture really softens my ends when they get dry.