MN USERS, and interested ladies support thread and recipes

Geminigirl

That's not lazy lots of ladies wash once a wk only. What kind of moisturizers are you using after you wash? You should moisturize daily and also seal with oil. You have to find what best works for you.

Geminigirl

grease is a no no. Ummm have you tried S curl? I don't know if you wear wet or dry styles but S-curl is my fave. I usually mix it will Infusim 23 leave in. Also you can try more natural products. I used

1/2 100% aloe vera and
1/2 100%glycerin

and it made my hair SUPER soft. You can always experiment with making your own moisturizers. seal with an oil of choice. HTH

mistee11

Thank you, Geminigirl--I really appreciate those tips. I've been moisturizing with Keracare Dry and Itchy Scalp Conditioner after shampooing with the same shampoo from that line but lately I've also cw with vinegar and olive oil. It has been helping somewhat. I bought some hydrocortisone cream for my eczema of the skin that I suffer with occasionally. I will try to use some on the patch in my scalp and see if that will help. I also alternate conditioning with Nubian Silk's Therapx Moisturizing Conditioner. Perhaps the MN will help me grow the hair back that I've lost from scratching so much.

BTW, your hair looks great - so full and healthy!

Last edited:

Geminigirl

your welcome. Thanks for the compliment. The MN is supposed to help with scalp irtritations I read because it's an antifungal.

cech2204

Hello Ladies:
I was wanting to whip up a MN mixture of my own, but I wanted to use the sulfur powder instead of the grease. Does anyone know how much would be beneficial or how much would be too much? Any answers would be greatly appreciated!!!:grin:

KrimsonKween

Okay I am going to try this. I whipped up mine using:
8 oz bottle
Peppemeint 10 drops
Orange 10 drops
Basil 10 drops
Rosemary 10 dropps
Jajoba 2 oz bottle
Tea Tree 10 dropps
Olive Oil just poured until the bottle was full
Mn family dollar 1 tube
Jock Itch cream table spoon :grin:
Sulfar powder 1 big table spoon

Well I sure hope this works becasue I have almost tried everything and my hair is growing but last month it started breaking off really bad in little pieces of hair. I have tried aphogee protein (that always works but not this time). So I am just using water and mn mix 2x a day. I started Monday.

I will let you all know how it goes. I am also hopping my hair is just shedding becasue I have not had alot of shedding.

Regi
Co-wash 2-3 x a week hair mayo
wash 1x week aphogee shampoo
condish aphogee condish 1x week
I hardly ever comb maybe 2 a month
Hardly use heat maybe 4 times since nov.

I did notice ysterday that I had alot of knots so I comb last night while condishing. I did get some hair in the comb. I have tried to make my staples hair mayo, and aphogee products.

Thanks

Aggie

Hello Ladies:
I was wanting to whip up a MN mixture of my own, but I wanted to use the sulfur powder instead of the grease. Does anyone know how much would be beneficial or how much would be too much? Any answers would be greatly appreciated!!!:grin:

I use only about a tablespoon in a 16oz container of my MN mixture, just remember to blend it in well a sit can be a little lumpy.

Sanndy

Hello ladies after lurking for months Ive finally decided to jump on the band wagon.
My recipe is quite simple:
1 MN 2% (Rite Aid Brand)
1 Tbl spn Sulfur 8

Im going to keep it simple for now though, i may add spectrum virgin oil in it because i just got a color process. I dnt have any perm in my hair do you guys think that the MN and Sulfur alone will be enough to keep my color hydrated to prevent breakage?

pearlfection

Hey ladies,

just checking in. I had to stop using my mn mix b/c i was getting headaches. didnt have that problem the first go round with mn. so I started back today. we will see how things go this week.

Happy Hair Growth Ladies!

Hey ladies, I'm a newbie and would like to try the MN mixtures. Do any of you have thin/fine hair? What were your results with using MN? I ask because I have a thin/fine grade of hair and no that you can't do too much stuff our of the ordinary with this grade. I have a mixture that I mixed up, but just want other opinons before I try it. Thanks in advance.

Peaches75

I stop for a while and now I am going to start using it again. I had alot of progress using it and then I got lazy.

Aggie

I am mixing my MN with my MT now because I want great growth from now on. It helps to keep the itchies away for me too. My recipe is in my fotki.

kriolagirl

I'm new and decided to try MN as I continue transitioning. My mix is:

MN 2%
EVOO
Couple drops of tea tree oil

I have a full head sew-in so I'm putting the mix on at night on my edges/nape and in between the braids underneath.

naturalepiphany

After giving it much thought I have decided to join this thread and try MN. I'll probably start wednesday. i've had braids in for about 5 weeks now and my hair needs a break and then I can really document the growth I'll post my actual recipe on wednesday. Thanks for the inspiration to actual try this.

MA2010

I finally gave MN a shot this weekend and it was terrible. I think my mix was all wrong!

1 Tube MN (cheapie kind)
1/4 bottle BB Oil moisturizer with Aloe and Castor Oil
2 tbsp Sublimed Sulfer Powder
1 oz EVOO
1 tsp Rosemary Oil
1 tsp Sweet Almond Oil
1 tsp Avocado Oil

I blended this is a small empy hair grease jar and placed it on my scalp only with my finger on Sunday! By Monday my scalp was yellow, gritty, straw like hair, just plain UGLY :perplexed!!! And then I saw my all time worst enemy re-appear......DANDRUFF!!! Big flakes all over the place.

I think might have added too much Sulfer Powder (yellow) to the mix. I will attempt again with a lot less Sulfur powder :ohwell:.

I washed my hair out today with ORS Aloe, Herbal Essence Hello Hydration Shampoo, and then CON Shampoo.

I conditioned with Herbal Essence Hello hydration moisture conditioner and NTM Daily together. My hair is back to being moisturized and happy but I want growth!!!!

MN here I come again.........................................................

Last edited:

Aggie

I finally gave MN a shot this weekend and it was terrible. I think my mix was all wrong!

1 Tube MN (cheapie kind)
1/4 bottle BB Oil moisturizer with Aloe and Castor Oil
2 tbsp Sublimed Sulfer Powder
1 oz EVOO
1 tsp Rosemary Oil
1 tsp Sweet Almond Oil
1 tsp Avocado Oil

I blended this is a small empy hair grease jar and placed it on my scalp only with my finger on Sunday! By Monday my scalp was yellow, gritty, straw like hair, just plain UGLY :perplexed!!! And then I saw my all time worst enemy re-appear......DANDRUFF!!! Big flakes all over the place.

I think might have added too much Sulfer Powder (yellow) to the mix. I will attempt again with a lot less Sulfer powder :ohwell:.

I washed my hair out today with ORS Aloe, Herbal Essence Hello Hydration Shampoo, and then COM Shampoo.

I conditioned with Herbal Essence Hello hydration moisture conditioner and NTM Daily together. My hair is back to being moisturized and happy but I want gorwth!!!!

MN here I come again.........................................................

Yes I agree Manushka, for the amount of mix you have here which possibly totals less than 5 ounces of liquid, 2 TBS of sulfur powder is wayyyy too much. I use this same amount of powder to a 24 oz bottle of MN mix. You can barely tell that there's sulfur in it. Be caredful of using too much sulfer honey, okay? Mix either more product or use wayyyy less sulfur powder - a 1/4 to no more than a 1/2 o of a teaspoon would be enough in your current mix above.

MA2010

Yes I agree Manushka, for the amount of mix you have here which possibly totals less than 5 ounces of liquid, 2 TBS of sulfur powder is wayyyy too much. I use this same amount of powder to a 24 oz bottle of MN mix. You can barely tell that there's sulfur in it. Be caredful of using too much sulfer honey, okay? Mix either more product or use wayyyy less sulfur powder - a 1/4 to no more than a 1/2 o of a teaspoon would be enough in your current mix above.

Thanks so much for the encouragement Aggie! I am not given up!!!!:grin:

Sanndy

Ive been using my MN mix for about two weeks. Applying every day, bagging overnight 2x week and wash & co wash 1x week. Is it still too early to see any type of diffrence, am I doing something wrong?

Ive read that some people had results in a week or two:perplexed. Oh well Im going to hang in there, lets see what happens.

Happy Growing to All!

2themax

Ok Ladies - Ya'll Ready For This?!"
Every 3 days in a row (WITHOUT WASHING OUT). Right before I go to bed:

Monistat 2% - approx 2" strip
4 tb of warm water
2 tb coconut oil
2 tb evoo
10 crushed Alfafa tablets
5 crushed Kelp tablets
5 Cayenne capsules (I empty the cayenne into the potion)

I mix all in a plastic bottle with a pointed tip. Shake, Shake, Shake!. Part my hair in sections and pour my "potion" from the bottle onto my scalp. Massage as I am pouring it in. My scalp loves it & sucks it right up!!

After I'm finished, I put Silk Elements/Mega-Silk Leave In Moisturizer all over my hair -- especially the ends! Put my hair in a ponytail. Then I wrap my hair up for the night.

After 3 days --- I noticed this "fuzz" growing from my hair. I thought I had done something wrong & put more moisturizer on my hair & covered it up again. Later, it looked fine. However, after every 3 - 4 days, I kept getting the same results. I did some measuring & found out that the "fuzz" was actually new hair growing each time. My hair grew 2.5" in 1 MONTH! I thought I was crazy or it was just luck. I have been doing this now for 6 months & my hair just keeps growing longer & thicker. I really didn't want the thickness so much, but oh well, it's healthy. Now, note at first, I would get slight headaches so I would just drink more water & the headaches went away. I no longer get the headaches.

This was my own made up, "potion" out of frustration, but it WORKS!

Good luck to all y'all sisters. Hope to see y'all at the event in Vegas.

2themax

P.S. By the way, I did not use the entire bottle each time I applied my, "potion" to my hair. That would be waaaaaaaaaaaayyy too much! :nono: The items that I mixed would last me one week & then I'd make another batch.:yep:

meia

Hey ladies- just a quick question!
Did anybody else notice skin irritation on their forehead due to the MN? Its been FOREVER since i've tried this and I really want to soon, lol, and I had to stop exactly for this reason- I would break-out in small trails of bumps on my face. Has anyone experienced this, and if so, how did you combat the irritation? My skin is *finally* clear so i'm not sure if hair growth is worth the risk...lol

Aggie

Hey ladies- just a quick question!
Did anybody else notice skin irritation on their forehead due to the MN? Its been FOREVER since i've tried this and I really want to soon, lol, and I had to stop exactly for this reason- I would break-out in small trails of bumps on my face. Has anyone experienced this, and if so, how did you combat the irritation? My skin is *finally* clear so i'm not sure if hair growth is worth the risk...lol

No, I have never had any kind of irritation from using MN and I haven't heard about anyone else experiencing this either. I know that some persons have experienced headaches but no skin irritation. Hopefully someone else will chime in with a response.