Best vitiman combos....!!!!!!!post here....

Empress Yahudah

Great in fo Candy_C and Gymfreak!!!! seeing all the supplements out there for hair and what not can be overwhelming im like do I have to take ALL of them????...I have a quest for u ladies....Ive read that sulfur supplements like MSM,NAC,L-cysteine help speed up growth ..is it neccesary to take one of them if ur taking 5000 of Biotin and B-50 or is it over kill

lizjoseph

divinefavor said:
Here's my vitamin intake;

I also take 1 tbsp. of Flaxseed oil every day. However, I've never been consistent with it because I can't stand the taste and can't find ways to make it taste better. So, I've been adding to a glass of orange juice every morning, but some it settles at the bottom and I end up gagging if I drink all the way to the end. Well, I think I've found a solution to this. On Monday I went to Nutrition Depot and bought a bottle of Omega-3 Oil. The oil consists of Flaxseed, Borage Oil and Fish oil and it's lemon flavored. This tastes much better and I'm able to hold it under my tongue and chase it with juice in the mornings without gagging :lol:

Is it recommended that we take the Flax Oil in liquid form or do the capsules work just the same? I have the capsules...:look:

divinefavor

I've heard that the oil is probably the better form. You'll have to take a lot of capsules in order to get the same benefit as 1 tbsp. of flaxseed oil. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

audacity.

candy or gym:

how does absorption differ when your b-complex and biotin are taken with food as opposed to before bed?

i ask this b/c the directions on my bottles of both say to take them with a meal.

thank you both for sharing your knowledge and experiences with vitamins. i am a firm believer in "let it begin within" so all of this information is definitely helpful and falls right in line with my hair strategy ;)

gorgeoushair

Candy_C said:
too high your will be wasting alot of these in urine...

stick to 1mg biotin or 5mg with b50 complex across the whole...and your hair will flourish - seriously

and take take too many hair pills

too many vitamins and you will have little progress

a friend of mine take 7 pillsa day

kelp
silica
biotin
b50
perfectil

her hair grows slow

That doesn't seems like too much to me. Is 5 pills too much?

Candy_C

gorgeoushair said:
That doesn't seems like too much to me. Is 5 pills too much?

really, i honestly think any more than 4 hair pils ,is overkill. your hair wont know what to do, it may even balance the components nessessary to grow the hair, back to the balace it was before the vitamins..hence normal growth.

if u get what i mean...:D

Kelp also alters the thyroid..i dont know about anybody else, but i'm not messing with my thyroid!!

she takes 7, not sure what the other 2 were though. i think its horsetail and zinc.

Candy_C

DenverGirl said:
candy or gym:

how does absorption differ when your b-complex and biotin are taken with food as opposed to before bed?

i ask this b/c the directions on my bottles of both say to take them with a meal.

thank you both for sharing your knowledge and experiences with vitamins. i am a firm believer in "let it begin within" so all of this information is definitely helpful and falls right in line with my hair strategy ;)

I'm not totally scienfically sure, i can only tell you my thoughts. i may be wrong, but when you sleep, your body does most of its regeneration...not using the toilet whilst sleeping keeps the biotin in the body as its not being released for as long as you sleep..me...7hours the most....

they say with a meal helps digestion, but personally at night i get great results...i'll bump up a thread istarted some time back for you

Candy_C

divinefavor said:
I've heard that the oil is probably the better form. You'll have to take a lot of capsules in order to get the same benefit as 1 tbsp. of flaxseed oil. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

SPOT ON!!

i get over 9,000mg in one table spoon

only 4,000mg in 1 capsule.(recommeneded dosage with tabs) with the oil, i'm not swallowing the case for the capsule.

Candy_C

MissMadaam said:
Great in fo Candy_C and Gymfreak!!!! seeing all the supplements out there for hair and what not can be overwhelming im like do I have to take ALL of them????...I have a quest for u ladies....Ive read that sulfur supplements like MSM,NAC,L-cysteine help speed up growth ..is it neccesary to take one of them if ur taking 5000 of Biotin and B-50 or is it over kill

not nessessary, but it wouldnt hurt

sulphur is great, and i suggest getting as much as you can, also iodine

but i sugget getting iodine from food only, not the pills..too risky for the sensitive thyroid

Candy_C

HoneyLemonDrop said:
Yes, your hair is definitely growing fast.... I've known for a long time that extra biotin in what some call "theraputic doses" was safe to do, I just didnt know too much about the other Bs. Thanks for the info.

your welcome

i've tried to tell a few folks no point takin biotin without the b's

they work together

dillard

gymfreak/candy: do you ladies think the brand of biotin/b50 really matters much? i went to health food store and they had 5mg Biotin on sale for $5 and i couldn't resist. The brand is Country Life and it also says "high potency" on the bottle... And I picked up B-Complex 50 mg the Solaray brand.... I just took them both and off to bed I go. Nighty-night!

T'moro I'm gonna start taking my Udo's Choice 3,6,9 Oil Blend (organic flax seed oil;organic sunflower seed oil;organic sesame seed oil;rice and oat germ oils;organic coconut oil;organic evening primrose oil;lecithin (guaranteed GMO-free);vitamin E;antioxidants (tocotrienols); and rosemary oil.)

And I'm going to continue taking my Rainbow Light, Just Once, Women's One Multivitamin

I'll give you guys updates on how these 4 vits affect me...

gymfreak336

MissMadaam said:

Taking L-cysteine or msm, or nac isn't overkill with b-complex or biotin. The reason being is that they work in different ways. The sulfur in the amino acids and the msm help you body make more and stronger keratin bonds. You hair is made of protein and majority of it is sulfur bearing amino acids so consuming more sulphur helps make sure that your scalp has a higher of sulphur so your hair texture is softer, stronger and usually faster. Biotin contributes a little sulpur but msm and amino acids are better sources.

gymfreak336

dillard said:
gymfreak/candy: do you ladies think the brand of biotin/b50 really matters much? i went to health food store and they had 5mg Biotin on sale for $5 and i couldn't resist. The brand is Country Life and it also says "high potency" on the bottle... And I picked up B-Complex 50 mg the Solaray brand.... I just took them both and off to bed I go. Nighty-night!

T'moro I'm gonna start taking my Udo's Choice 3,6,9 Oil Blend (organic flax seed oil;organic sunflower seed oil;organic sesame seed oil;rice and oat germ oils;organic coconut oil;organic evening primrose oil;lecithin (guaranteed GMO-free);vitamin E;antioxidants (tocotrienols); and rosemary oil.)

And I'm going to continue taking my Rainbow Light, Just Once, Women's One Multivitamin

I'll give you guys updates on how these 4 vits affect me...
Country Life make pretty good stuff. Another way to make sure you biotin keeps working is to switch up brands. I would finish that bottle and then finish the bottle of another brand and switch back.

Empress Yahudah

Candy_C said:
not nessessary, but it wouldnt hurt

sulphur is great, and i suggest getting as much as you can, also iodine

but i sugget getting iodine from food only, not the pills..too risky for the sensitive thyroid

gymfreak336 said:
Taking L-cysteine or msm, or nac isn't overkill with b-complex or biotin. The reason being is that they work in different ways. The sulfur in the amino acids and the msm help you body make more and stronger keratin bonds. You hair is made of protein and majority of it is sulfur bearing amino acids so consuming more sulphur helps make sure that your scalp has a higher of sulphur so your hair texture is softer, stronger and usually faster. Biotin contributes a little sulpur but msm and amino acids are better sources.

:) Thanks ladies for the feed back

pinayprincess

Carlson's Liquid Fish Oil in Lemon
Biotin 5mg
Protein (at least 60-70g, with a goal of 100g per day)
Lots of fruits and vegetables.
2 liters of water per day
Aloe juice (korean) :)

dillard

gymfreak336 said:
Country Life make pretty good stuff. Another way to make sure you biotin keeps working is to switch up brands. I would finish that bottle and then finish the bottle of another brand and switch back.

i woulda never thought to do that. thanx!!