WASTE!

zailless

So this weekend when i got paid, i could barely cash the check. i spent 88 dollars to buy emu oil, 52 dollars on other about 6 essential oils, 50 dollars on castor oil, sesame, burdock powder, shampoo. (i find a new website with oil mixes to buy just in time)

the first batch of oils didnt even work for my itchy head. i have a bad case of itching and nothing can seem to resolve it. in my possession, i have every kind of oil you can think of and still i buy more every single pay check. do they work?
no. i put the first dry scalp mixture and my head nearly killed me. i ended up washing my hair 3 times over the weekend.

today i went to the store got myself a regular grease, apple cider vinegar. i washed my hair, poured on the apple cider vinegar - it stopped the itching in the shower. i rubbed the grease and voila, im a happy itch free baby.

cost of apple cider and grease? 6 dollars.

im tired of smelling like rosemary and chicken fat. the grease works. i am done with spending.

KEWLKAT103

This is why I like to keep it simple. Often times after trying every last new thing our main staples work and we have known about them all along.
Sorry you had to spend a bunch of money on things that didn't work for you, but I'm glad all your itchies are gone now :)

He_Leads_I_follow

UGh! I have the worse itching and flaking. I used to drink Apple Cider Vinegar (Braggs) for weight loss. I guess I should try this in my hair.

Thanks!

NantanYah

zailless said:
So this weekend when i got paid, i could barely cash the check. i spent 88 dollars to buy emu oil, 52 dollars on other about 6 essential oils, 50 dollars on castor oil, sesame, burdock powder, shampoo. (i find a new website with oil mixes to buy just in time)

the first batch of oils didnt even work for my itchy head. i have a bad case of itching and nothing can seem to resolve it. in my possession, i have every kind of oil you can think of and still i buy more every single pay check. do they work?
no. i put the first dry scalp mixture and my head nearly killed me. i ended up washing my hair 3 times over the weekend.

today i went to the store got myself a regular grease, apple cider vinegar. i washed my hair, poured on the apple cider vinegar - it stopped the itching in the shower. i rubbed the grease and voila, im a happy itch free baby.

im tired of smelling like rosemary and chicken fat. the grease works. i am done with spending.

I heard that! Sometimes it's the simple things we should appreciate:yep:

Now if I could just stop this spending myself:ohwell:

ajargon02

zailless said:

Hey if you want to get rid of some of your eo's I will be happy to buy some :)

HoneyDew

sprungonhairboards said:
You probably just needed to clarify your scalp from the beginning instead of adding more oils. That's what the ACV did.

I agree.

It is best to keep it simple, though.

Blackoutzangel05

I read somewhere when I first started really researching on how to take care of my hair that it didn't need grease, blah blah...I had some horrible flakes. However I have found that I don't need to use it as much as previously thought. I use it when I shampoo and then use my homemade moisturizer and oils to seal in the moisture. I might touch up a spot or so weekly but really I was told..if it ain't broke don't fix it.

zailless

I am glad the oils arrived today. I feel like i am going around in circles. the acv rinse only worked for so long. today my head began itching again. so im happy the oils arrived.:lachen:

i put sesame with castor oil and tea tree oil lots of it after vigorous washing. tea tree works everytime. i was researching the net on why the tea tree helps with inflammation and itching. i do have inflammation too. every now and again i get these lumpy sized bumps in my head. i use either cortizone to make it go down or the tea tree.

what i found tonight is that tea tree helps histamine induced inflammation. the last time i had an allergy was in high school. pollen grains made my eye swell shut. im wondering if my itchy scalp is also the result of an allergy. since i moved into this location, i havent had a moments peace with my scalp. i never had this scalp issue. when the bumps come up my scalp is so tender in that spot.

Christa438

zailless said:
I am glad the oils arrived today. I feel like i am going around in circles. the acv rinse only worked for so long. today my head began itching again. so im happy the oils arrived.:lachen:

i put sesame with castor oil and tea tree oil lots of it after vigorous washing. tea tree works everytime. i was researching the net on why the tea tree helps with inflammation and itching. i do have inflammation too. every now and again i get these lumpy sized bumps in my head. i use either cortizone to make it go down or the tea tree.

what i found tonight is that tea tree helps histamine induced inflammation. the last time i had an allergy was in high school. pollen grains made my eye swell shut. im wondering if my itchy scalp is also the result of an allergy. since i moved into this location, i havent had a moments peace with my scalp. i never had this scalp issue. when the bumps come up my scalp is so tender in that spot.

I wish i could afford to buy various essential hair oils, but times are a bit tough right now. I do buy the hair oil (greases) though. :wink2: I love the ones that melt like butter such as castor oil and coconut oil. And they work just as good to me. Im sorry you spent so much, but sometimes less is more (that's what I've heard many times). But I am so happy you found what works.:) Im a little concerned about the itchiness, bumps & inflammation...Do you think it's serious enough to see a doctor {I dont know if you've already seen somebody} to find out exactly what your scalp problem is and if you can nip it in the bud? Or do you know that it is indeed allergy-related and will keep using tea-tree oil? I know someone said certain hairstyles with the slightest amount of pull can cause them to start getting bumps, maybe you have one of those very sensitive scalps--and in that case...keep keeping it simple.

zailless

Christa438 said:
I wish i could afford to buy various essential hair oils, but times are a bit tough right now. I do buy the hair oil (greases) though. :wink2: I love the ones that melt like butter such as castor oil and coconut oil. And they work just as good to me. Im sorry you spent so much, but sometimes less is more (that's what I've heard many times). But I am so happy you found what works.:) Im a little concerned about the itchiness, bumps & inflammation...Do you think it's serious enough to see a doctor {I dont know if you've already seen somebody} to find out exactly what your scalp problem is and if you can nip it in the bud? Or do you know that it is indeed allergy-related and will keep using tea-tree oil? I know someone said certain hairstyles with the slightest amount of pull can cause them to start getting bumps, maybe you have one of those very sensitive scalps--and in that case...keep keeping it simple.

here is a shortcut to getting all the essential oils its 12.99 for 1 ounce. its stink though.
floraleads.com esso spray. it has sage, http://floraleads.com/HAIRCARE.HTM#esso

essential oils of Bay, Lemon, Cade, Bergamot, Clary Sage, Atlas Cedar, Rosemary, natural vitamin E

MamaBraidedIt

I'm sorry this happened. You could sell the oils on LHCF that don't work for you. Put them in smaller bottles or sell as is to get your money back. HTH:)