January 2014 Hits & Misses

ronie

Hit: elucence moisture benefit shampoo. I don't know why i waited so long to try this thing. I recently said that the ORS curls unleashed was the sulfate free shampoo i have been looking for. Although this product performed well, i started having breakage while using it. After correcting the breakage using claudies normalizing conditioner, i decided to go back and check the shampoo's PH. According to my strips, it falls at 8. This is a nono for my hi po hair. The elucence has a PH of 4.5-5.5, so it is perfect. Leaves my scalp clean and my hair soft and detangled as if i co washed. And it lathers (love me some lather).
Hit: Froreal3 TPS ceramoist. I bought the product looking for a sealant to later realize it was water based. I really don't need another moisturizer, but let me tell that this is a sure repurchase.
Scent: i can't place it but is pleasant and not overpowering. It could be the eucalyptus extract (i dont know what that smells like).
Texture: smooth like SD wgb. It goes on smooth on the hair and penetrates quickly. No residue, no tacky/sticky feeling.
Performance: Softens the hair instantly, and it gives it a nice sheen. I undid a few of my twists in the coarsest area of my hair to apply the product. I did not seal that part. I moisturize the remaining hair in the twists, and seal with argan oil and double sealed wit MHC type 4 creme. This morning i checked, and the unsealed portion is still very soft and shiny. I can tell that i may need to remoisturize tonight, thanks to the dry heat inside the house. The sealed twists are of course super dubber soft, and won't need anything until maybe sunday or monday.
It does remind me of QB BRBC, in the sense that you feel like you don't need to seal after using it. I guess that's what she meant by saying the product doubles as a moisturizer and a pomade. In the summer months i surely wont need to seal this. It leaves the hair perfectly moisturized. A true one step moisturizer.
Miss: shea terra argan oil. I have used many brands of argan oils cheap and expensive (from Josie Maran to Watts), and this is the worst ever. It smells rancid. It has sour smell, and it made my skin break out. I should have known not to use it, cause pure argan oil has a very faint nutty smell. I use my argan oil on both my skin and hair and this one i use only on my heels, lol. And i got 2 bottles of that crap. Hopefully it does something for my calluses.

SweetlyCurly

Major hit- Cantu Curling Custard

Was afraid of using this because glycerin is really high up and it's freaking freezing out but this works so well!! The curl definition is the bomb.com, it has sooo much slip when applying (reminds me of the texture of uncle funky's curly magic), my hair is ridiculously shiny AND I keep getting 6 days wash and gos with it. Let's not forget that I can find this on the ground for $6...winning!!

Muse

Hit: 1. Sabino Moisture Block Shampoo and Conditioner
2. It's a 10 Miracle Leave in Plus Keratin:love:
3. Sultra Diva Pressing Iron-My hair just glides right through the plates.
Absolutely no snagging! Gets the roots straight. It's time to retire my
Sedu and this iron is the perfect replacement.

Miss: 1. Cortex flat iron-snags my hair so bad! Returning.
2. Babyliss Pro TT steam flat iron-burns my hair and makes it smell
nasty no matter how little product used or using lower temps. I
think my hair just hates titanium irons because I had the same
issue with the Croc 2.

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay
Hit: spritzed hair with water then used KeraVada hibiscus oil under heat cap for about 30 mins.

Healthb4Length

Hits Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

image-1937499779.jpg

This deep conditioner is a nice medium protein with good ingredients (coconut oil, Argan etc). Smells good, spreads nice yet it's thick. Made my hair feel stronger, softer and very manageable and it rinsed clean! I air dried without products and my hair still felt soft and was easy to comb through after a few hours.

image-939308965.jpg

Good product, helped with detangling and has nice slip.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Healthb4Length

Sorry for double post

Attachments

• image-1428515235.jpg
    image-1428515235.jpg
    398.9 KB · Views: 24
  • image-4224049439.jpg
    image-4224049439.jpg
    324.3 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:

mzteaze

Pilates and Yoga Kinda Gal
My two new favorite products:

Hydrotherma Protein Balance leave in conditioner - loved the way it worked on my hair and it has silk amino acids in it!

Mizani Iron Curl - very light thermal crème protectant. This worked well on my fine hair without weighing it down with a heavy oily feel.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
CONTINUED HITS:
PALTAS Hair Rx
As I Am Cleansing Pudding
Fleurtzy's Deep Conditioner Rx *discontinued*
N'Joi CreationS Herbal Hair Dressing

NEW HIT:
Jessicurl Aloeba Daily Conditioner

Beamodel

Continued Hit...
Annabelle's Blueberry DC

This DC has quickly became staple status.

This DC will ABSOLUTELY remain in rotation. I love how moisturized it leaves my hair.

Soft, silky, and smelling like blueberries....

ronie

Continued Hit...
Annabelle's Blueberry DC

This DC has quickly became staple status.

This DC will ABSOLUTELY remain in rotation. I love how moisturized it leaves my hair.

Soft, silky, and smelling like blueberries....

Beamodel.
Would you mind posting the full ingredient list for this DC. the etsy page only lists key ingredients. Are there any wax or aloe vera in it?

ETA: nevermind, i zoomed in the picture, and i was able read it. thanks anyways.

Last edited:

blackeyes31626

Miss: Afroveda detangling spray wasn't moisturizing enough
Hit: QB honey & olive hydrating balm it's a tad bit sticky b/c I used a lot but I really like it.

lovelycurls

Hit
SD Razberry conditioner - this is the perfect winter deep treatment for my colored dry hair.....Love it's thick consistency

Continued hit:
Tea/herbal rinses
AIA cleansing pudding

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3 using LHCF

Beamodel

ronie

I know you said nevermind but just in case anyone else was interested in the ingredients.

Blueberry Cheesecake Deep Conditioner Ingredients:

Aqua (Water), Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Triticum Vulgare (Wheat) Germ Oil, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Vaccinium Corymbosum (Blueberry) Seed Oil, Behentrimonium Methosulfate (and) Cetearyl Alcohol, PEG-40 Castor Oil, Stearalkonium Chloride, Di-PPG-2 Myreth-10 Adipate, Cetyl Alcohol, Sodium Lactate, Cetrimonium Chloride, Pathenol, Silk Amino Acids, Diazolidinyl Urea and Iodopropynyl Butylcarb

Saludable84

Better Late Than Ugly
Hit:
Naturelle Grow Coconut and Mango DC
Bask Palm Tapioca
Bobeam honey and oats shampoo bar

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

AgeinATL

New Hits:
Trader Joes Tea Tree Tingle
Purabody Naturals Sapote Hair Lotion on STRAIGHT hair. Didn't care for it as a leave in and too light for my non-straight hair.

Continued Hits
Camille Rose JAI Twist Butter
Shea Moisture Purification Mask
Jessicurl Too Shea
Distilled Water

Miss:
Hairveda Sitrinillah
Darcy's Deep Conditioning Mask
Kizuri Cocoa Vanilla DC

Continued Miss:
My hair not liking my staple moisturizing DCs anymore. I am on the hunt for a new one which is a pricey, timely process :crying3:....le freakin sigh....

kupenda

Hits:
- I can make a bunny tail and a bun! Woo hoo! Protective styles for me!
- keeing my hair in Celie twists under a beanie when I have to leave the house and baggying while indoors has kept my moisture level on point
- cowashing/rinsing with darcys pumpkin has helped a lot with this cold weather

CodeRed

Hit: Fenugreek paste. Good cheap deep conditioning stuff.

Hit: Seaweed. Makes my hair stronger and I can add it to anything.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
New Hits:
Trader Joes Tea Tree Tingle
Purabody Naturals Sapote Hair Lotion on STRAIGHT hair. Didn't care for it as a leave in and too light for my non-straight hair.

Continued Hits
Camille Rose JAI Twist Butter
Shea Moisture Purification Mask
Jessicurl Too Shea
Distilled Water

Miss:
Hairveda Sitrinillah
Darcy's Deep Conditioning Mask
Kizuri Cocoa Vanilla DC

Continued Miss:
My hair not liking my staple moisturizing DCs anymore. I am on the hunt for a new one which is a pricey, timely process :crying3:....le freakin sigh....

AgeinATL

:spinning:.....WOW (on those 2) and I see you like JC Too Shea!

Have you ever tried JC Deep Treatment? You may like that for a DC'er.

AgeinATL

IDareT'sHair

I know! Everyone seems to like those two but not my freakin hair. I had high hopes for them, especially the Darcy's. I tried the JC DT a couple of years ago and my hair didn't like it. I may need to revisit it. Do you have any other suggestions? I am transitioning with low porosity hair, so I need something with slip, extreme moisture and preferably protein-free (or with VERY little protein). HELP!

@AgeinATL

:spinning:.....WOW (on those 2) and I see you like JC Too Shea!

Have you ever tried JC Deep Treatment? You may like that for a DC'er.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
AgeinATL

Have you tried Curl Junkie's Curl Rehab? It packs a punch of Moisture
Karen's Body Beautiful Luscious Locs Hair Mask
Marie Dean has some nice ones although people complain about 'lack of slip'
Silk Dreams has a couple "Moisturzing" DC'ers
Naturelle Grow (ETSY Shop) has several good DC'ers
BeeMine although it's more of a Balancer of Protein/Moisture
I like Afroveda's Ashlii Amala *ship time is horrible*
AO's White Camelia