Vitamin Challenge 2013

freckledface

Anyone know of anything I could take to help with my cycle? I feel like I'm bout to DIE every month. I already take biotin, fish oil, msm, a multi, and futurebiotics hsn

ilong

God's Own
I'm mad I forgot my vitamins at work this weekend. I was pretty consistent taking them the whole week, though! I'm removing msm and chlorella from my regimen. Its just too much and if the hairfinity alone doesn't help with growth then I'm better off switching to something else like maybe viviscal. I'll keep fish oil in the regimen though, need those omega 3's.

:shocked: at ^^^ above bolded. Sorry to read that you are doing this. But of course I hope the best for you on your revised regimen

jprayze

Anyone know of anything I could take to help with my cycle? I feel like I'm bout to DIE every month. I already take biotin, fish oil, msm, a multi, and futurebiotics hsn

I haven't been taking maca for long enough to tell you from personal experience, but a lot of ppl say it helps with PMS.

Last edited:

freckledface

Forgot to take my vits. before I left for work. Luckily I was 6 hours early so I got to come home and take them. Yay me.

I'm looking for something to help with cramps. Last month it hurt so bad I threw up (sorry TMI) and had to leave work couldn't even stand. PMS is only bad for a day or so.

SmilingElephant

Forgot to take my vits. before I left for work. Luckily I was 6 hours early so I got to come home and take them. Yay me.

I'm looking for something to help with cramps. Last month it hurt so bad I threw up (sorry TMI) and had to leave work couldn't even stand. PMS is only bad for a day or so.

Fenugreek supplements are Jesus in a bottle for cramps and.all things PMS! Im gonna take some when i get home today. Im super moody.

laylaaa

Checking in. I'm using a multi-vit, flaxseed, silica, biotin and presciption ferrous fumarate (iron). Haven't noticed big changes to hair but my skin is lighter and brighter which I assume is due to my anaemia being kept firmly in check (taking 1200% RDA of iron on doctor's orders so a LOT.) I think I might have to buy a new foundation soon but can't really be bothered.

Would anyone recommend MSM? Any fans?

sounbeweavable

Checking in. I'm using a multi-vit, flaxseed, silica, biotin and presciption ferrous fumarate (iron). Haven't noticed big changes to hair but my skin is lighter and brighter which I assume is due to my anaemia being kept firmly in check (taking 1200% RDA of iron on doctor's orders so a LOT.) I think I might have to buy a new foundation soon but can't really be bothered.

Would anyone recommend MSM? Any fans?

I don't know if it's just the MSM (since I'm also taking Biotin, EPO, and a multivitamin), but I definitely experienced a hair growth spurt recently, so it might have contributed to that.

MissyB

I was away from home Tues and Weds (didn't have my vitamins with me) and my cycle came on Weds. OMG..... I have never had cramps before but they've not gone away. I sympathize with ladies who have them every month. Aleve and my heating pad has been my best friend for the past 2 days. This is crazy!

I'd been taking the following since the beginning of Feb:
2,500mcg biotin
1,000 msm (started in late Feb)
1,050-1,575 maca root
Super B complex (1xday)

jprayze

I was away from home Tues and Weds (didn't have my vitamins with me) and my cycle came on Weds. OMG..... I have never had cramps before but they've not gone away. I sympathize with ladies who have them every month. Aleve and my heating pad has been my best friend for the past 2 days. This is crazy!

I'd been taking the following since the beginning of Feb:
2,500mcg biotin
1,000 msm (started in late Feb)
1,050-1,575 maca root
Super B complex (1xday)

I had bad cramps during my last cycle which was my first cycle while taking maca. I was thinking it was part of the process of getting the hormones regulated and that it would subside this time. I will let you know...

MissyB

jprayze, come to think of it this is the second cycle since starting maca, I started it in late feb (around the same time as msm). I don't think the first cycle counted though because it came on within a day or two of starting maca. Last month it came on with no warning, I usually get breast tenderness days in advance and that's my cue to start stashing supplies in purses--I'm glad I was home at the time because that would've been embarrassing.

Any other Maca loyal ladies who have had experiences with cramping, or even any other random side effects?

MissyB

LMBO!!!!! I should have paid attention last month when we were talking about maca jprayze. I just went back in the thread and noticed your comment about cramps. Why did I think I'd be exempt???? SMH! Today is a little better so far.

Last edited:

deedoswell

checking in....finally got my order from Vitacost - it took two weeks??? I've ordered from them before and don't remember it taking this long!

Enyo

Vitamin regime is going really well. I managed to squeeze out an inch last month. I really think adding the aminos was a good idea.

Sent from my messy iPhone