Vitamin Challenge 2013

TheVioletVee

Checking in. I'm taking supplements everyday as planned. I'm thinking about adding collagen (maybe Nature's Life Marine Collagen) next year in the spring. I've heard good things about it and it has other benefits besides hair. Plus it's not too expensive.

PureSilver

I have been taking these consistently every day since July, and have seen great results in my skin, nails, and hair (in this order).

ETA: I have been taking Shakeology consistently for 3 weeks and it is worth adding to my regimen based on what my body feels and looks like :grin:

Girl you sure aint joking about this vitamin challenge, i may have to come shop at your house and stock up. Wishing you great results from this challenge mami.

Oneprettypa

I got the bug that's going around so I feel like I just got hit by a bus. However I'm about to take these good hair vitamins! ☺

Lanea87

Natural Gang Gang Gang
Still havent been taking my vits for like a week or two now, but I did get in 1/2 tbsp of my Chia Seeds today!

Its not much, but its something......

SEMO

I think I love saw palmetto. I've only be taking it about 10 days but my skin has gotten so much softer. And I've only washed my hair once since starting it, but it feels like I had a lot less shed hair than I normally do.

I used to take Nioxin (which had saw palmetto in it) and that decreased my shedding a lot and made my skin really soft.

I started on the GNC HSN vitamins in September (which doesn't have saw palmetto). I took those by themselves for 2 months. My hair started to grow a lot faster, but it didn't decrease my shedding at all (and my shedding had dramatically increased in the year since I stopped taking Nioxin). And my skin was softer, but not as soft as it had been while on the Nioxin.

So, I'm thinking the key ingredient for me is the saw palmetto. I'd been looking for ways to re-create Nioxin's effects and I think I've done it. :) It's too soon for me to say this with certainty, but things are looking good.

Lita

SEMO Saw-palmetto is no joke..The only reason I took nioxin & it worked wonders..HairOmega has similar ingredients & my scalp is responding well..I take the DHT one...

*How many mg are you taking?

Happy Hair Growing!

SEMO

Lita

I'm taking 320 mg of saw palmetto daily (which is the amount recommended on the bottle). And I almost purchased some of the HairOmega, but I'd already started taking the GNC and wanted to give it a good trial. So it's good to know that it works.

Aggie

I'm in!!!

Thanks for starting this challenge SincerelyBeautiful. I can totally relate to starting and not finishing this particular challenge.

Official start date: January 1, 2013 (this should give you time to stock up if need be) For me - no need at this time because I have a lot of unfinished vitamins to take.

Official end date: December 31, 2013

RULES:
1) Thank the thread if you would like to join and I can add you to the list - DONE!

2) State what supplements you will be taking and how often - Hairfinity, I still have 3 and a half bottles left to finish, biotin, msm, silica, kelp, l-cysteine, vitamin c, d, e, b-complex, fish oils and calcium.

3) Check in regularly - will try as much as I can.

4) Show pictures of progress during scheduled check ins
-March 30th - This I can do.

-June 30th - skipping this one

-September 30th - this one I can do as well.

-December 31st - most likely skipping this one.

5) Post starting pic - see below.

6) Support your fellow members and stay positive - will do as often as I can check in. I am excited and can't wait to see what my hair will look like the end of next year:yep:.

Attachments

• Pictures 2012 hair and Sharon Wilson's 40th wedding anniversary 004.jpg
    Pictures 2012 hair and Sharon Wilson's 40th wedding anniversary 004.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 25
  • Pictures 2012 hair and Sharon Wilson's 40th wedding anniversary 003.jpg
    Pictures 2012 hair and Sharon Wilson's 40th wedding anniversary 003.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:

Aggie

I forgot to post in here. Will "officially" do 2morrow. right now I currently take biotin. I plan on finding sum biotin that has more mg; any suggestions would be appreciated.

Sent from my T-Mobile myTouch Q using LHCF

I just joined today and have not yet read through the entire challenge so I don't know if you got an answer as yet pelohello, but have you tried Jarrow Formulas. I take their biotin 5000mcg and their MSM 1000mg. I like them a lot becuase of the quality. They seem to stay fresh forever especially since I purchase the largest bottles they come in.

PureSilver

I've been taking my Nature's Bounty Hair Skin & Nails religiously since last sunday. I haven't noticed anything spectacular yet but i will continue. I get the one month supply which says one tablet should be taken three time daily with meals.

I opt to take two vitamins at the same time with my first meal of the day, That way one bottle will last me 2months.

I really want to try viviscal but i'm not totally convinced, while i've read good and not so good reviews i'm still on the fence.

Aggie

Bought a new biotin 10,000mcg. It's made by Natrol. I got it at Wal-mart. I've never seen that brand before but I only have to take it once a day so that sold me. Well see how this goes. Is it B complex or B-12 that help the biotin absorb?

freckledface, it is B-complex that combats acne due to taking biotin. I usually take a B-100 complex or at the very least a B-50 complex vitamin when taking biotin. I take a 5000mcg biotin pill daily.

classoohfive

I'm in. I do so well for a while and then I fall off. In fact, this thread reminded me go take them. :drunk:

- Super B-Complex: 1 Daily
For energy.

- Fish Oil: It's supposed to be 3 daily (one with each meal) but these things are hard to swallow. I'll start with one daily.

- Garlic: Daily
For heart health. I'm hoping it's good enough that between it and altering my diet I won't need medication. I know people use garlic for their hair externally, so maybe it will help it internally as well.

- Cranberry Fruit: One Daily
It says it's mainly for urinary tract health but it also contains Vitamin C to "support immune function and antioxidant health". I purchased these when I thought I was in the early states of a UTI but it ended up being nothing; however, it's good for making sure it continues to be "nothing" so I'll keep taking them. :lol:

- Chlorella Supplement: Daily. I'll start with 1 tsp.
It's in powder form so I have to mix it in something, but I can never get over the taste. For energy, hair health, skin health, immune system, lighter periods (my BC does this, but this will help too), and much more.

I need to restock my multi-vit. I'm going to look for one that has at least one of these other items in it so I can have less things to swallow.

Aireen

Still taking my vitamins, I'm gonna start taking green smoothies everyday with them, I love how refreshingly healthy they taste.

Aggie

@SEMO Saw-palmetto is no joke..The only reason I took nioxin & it worked wonders..HairOmega has similar ingredients & my scalp is responding well..I take the DHT one...

*How many mg are you taking?

Happy Hair Growing!

I have been reading the reviews on amazon.com and the HairOmega only got like 3.5 stars. There were extremely mixed reviews and it seemed like most of them were not favorable. I anted to try it until I saw those reviews. I didn't read all of them but the few I read were discouraging.

What is your real take on it Lita? How long have you been taking them?

londonfog

Checking in! I only took the vitamin C over the weekend but bought a pill box on Friday so that I can just have my vitamins on hand where ever I'm at. Took biotin, msm, vit c, b complex & multi-vit today.

jprayze

I'm simplifying my vitamin routine so I don't feel like I'm popping pills allll day.

Am - viviscal, multi

Lunch - calcium/vit D

Dinner - viviscal, calcium/vit D

I'm omitting the biotin since I ran out. I will buy the new viviscal with biotin when my current supply runs out. It's not that much biotin but hopefully in combination with what's in my multi, it will be enough.

Lita

I have been reading the reviews on amazon.com and the HairOmega only got like 3.5 stars. There were extremely mixed reviews and it seemed like most of them were not favorable. I anted to try it until I saw those reviews. I didn't read all of them but the few I read were discouraging.

What is your real take on it Lita? How long have you been taking them?

Aggie Hi! I've been taking them for about a year off/on..The one I use (DHT) block..I don't use the vitamin they have....Just the DHT one..

Happy Hair Growing!

Last edited: