It's Not About the 'Chicken' ... It's the Heart of God for the Family

Nice & Wavy

Last night and this morning I was thinking about Daniel's fast. A minister at last night's service mentioned the verse, "The prayers of a righteous man avail much," and that if we do not pray, we will not avail anything at all. But we can. It's a choice we have to manifest God's will through prayer and fasting, or to neglect it and see nothing happen.

When Daniel prayed, he prayed for his people and confessed the sins of the land:

Shall we fast?
I think so:yep:

aribell

formerly nicola.kirwan
But like you said, I know everyone has a different focus or assignment. We should not let our focus on someone elses' sinful desires be taken off the will of God. While our hearts and minds should be against sin, there's no way to physically stop others from sinning in this world.

There have always been prophets, and The Church is a prophetic voice in this world. Jesus fulfilled the offices of prophet, priest, and king; and as His Body on the earth, we carry out the same. Jeremiah was called the weeping prophet for the extent to which he publicly cried out against the sin of his people. Had most of the prophets taken the attitude, "Hey, it has nothing to do with me," we wouldn't have hardly any of the major or minor prophetic books. Not every individual believer is going to have that public prophetic voice, but such a voice is a foundational ministry within the Church. Prophetic ministry is not only inward toward other Christians, but outward as well, and it has everything to do with what is going on in government and broader society (look at Jonah, Elijah, Daniel) and it has always been that way.

Good point. Gay marriage will do what to America if it's legalized? God will still reign, and life won't stop:)

Well, God will judge us as a nation, and already is. Not necessarily for gay marriage alone, but for unrighteousness generally. Furthermore, as others have mentioned, it's not just about us. There will be generations after this one and by our passivity, they may be born into a society that is much worse and harder to be in that it otherwise would have been had we resisted evil.

If we care about preaching the Gospel, we should also remember that the harder people's hearts are, the harder it is to accept the Gospel. Notice how in this instance, Dan Cathy only said he believed what the Bible said about marriage, and that alone was enough to enrage people.

There is a sense in which love of neighbor should compel us to speak up, to warn, to correct, to feel deeply about sin in our society; because we know the consequences. We don't need to strive but we do need to stand.

Last edited:

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member
I'm getting chills reading this thread.

And that picture of the Chick-Fil-A man bringing drinks to the gay protestors speaks VOLUMES. :yep:

ETA: I almost feel like there needs to be worldwide fasting and prayer movement for traditional marriage. I'm talking all Christians--Catholic and Protestant--who believe in that prayer can release God's power in this area. We need to raise our voices together and plead the blood of Jesus and beg for His Divine Mercy.

Last night and this morning I was thinking about Daniel's fast. A minister at last night's service mentioned the verse, "The prayers of a righteous man avail much," and that if we do not pray, we will not avail anything at all. But we can. It's a choice we have to manifest God's will through prayer and fasting, or to neglect it and see nothing happen.

When Daniel prayed, he prayed for his people and confessed the sins of the land:

Shall we fast?

Ladies... I'm in total agreement with the Fast and Prayer.

Whenever you select the time and fast, I'm open.

I will follow your program to be on one accord.

The prayers in my hearts are...

Seeking the Face of God for Direction in Prayer

Seeking the Face of God for Unity

Seeking the Face of God for Our Children

Seeking the Face of God for ministering to those who are lost.

Ministering to gays and others who are seeking deliverance.

Whatever God lays upon your hearts... I'm in agreement. :yep:

Shimmie

Staff member
I'm sorry about the monkeys....as you can see, I was up pretty late and I just couldn't help posting it...it just fit, you know?

I hope I didn't offend anyone with my picture...if I did, I am so sorry.

Now 'Me'...stop laughing at me:lachen:

Who 'Me'..... :look: :lol:

You got my 'Good Morning' text... :yep: from "Me" :yep:

Shimmie

Staff member
i understand this. i am thinking about not having kids. it costs too much. its sad but its true... I know we're supposed to trust in God abt these things but theres not much to work with right now.

You know what Little Summer? Somehow it just 'works out'...having children. Of course I mean as a married couple.

Especially when you have supportive family and friends.

When I had my babies , my mom and my mother-in-law were always around and always helping out. The only thing you have to worry about is the 'Spoiled Child Alert'... cause grandparents will surely spoil your children. :love3: :lol:

I understand though...raising children is not easy but it is a wonderful joy.

Shimmie

Staff member
Ladies... you are welcome to use the 'Prayer Line' to fellowship in prayer via phone. It's yours to come together as you feel lead. Currently it's in use once a week.

You can organize your schedule and prayer teams.

Whatever you decide is up to you and I will follow your lead as a supporter.
:yep:

Nice & Wavy

Who 'Me'..... :look: :lol:

You got my 'Good Morning' text... :yep: from "Me" :yep:
Yes...I did. Thank you for always thinking of me in the mornings...I appreciate you and your prayers! :love2:

Ladies... you are welcome to use the 'Prayer Line' to fellowship in prayer via phone. It's yours to come together as you feel lead. Currently it's in use once a week.

You can organize your schedule and prayer teams.

Whatever you decide is up to you and I will follow your lead as a supporter.
:yep:
I'm in for sure. A Daniel fast would be great, if that's what the Lord is speaking to nicole.kirwan about doing! However, I do think that we should have a separate prayer line for this, specifically for those who will do the fast...this is very important. As intercessors, we must come together on one accord with this. I believe that nicole.kirwan has heard from the Lord regarding this fast and prayer, as I was thinking about this as well.:yep:

Nice & Wavy

How many, Lord? How many will heed the call to this fast and prayer and join us? How many will make a choice to get on their knees with others who desire your Will for this nation? How many will cry out, with a heart of compassion, crying FATHER, WE NEED YOU...HELP US...HELP THIS NATION, LORD?:cry2::cry2::cry2::cry2:

Father, draw them to this place...even those that have never posted before, draw them to the place of desiring to please you...a place of prayer, in your presence Lord, that you may reveal your plan for us in this place (CF) and that you will bring those to repentance that they may be reconciled to you.

Your mercy, Lord....we need your mercy.

In Jesus name...amen.

Last edited:

Galadriel

It is so important. :nono: But:
-some men are in a protracted state of adolescence and are not stepping up to their responsibility to marry
-some are ready to marry and have children but can't find a spouse for anything
-Some married folks are not open to life and not allowing the next generation to even be born (contracepting)

:nono: Let me hold my peace.

I'm glad you and Shimmie touched on this--as a society we have forgotten (or set aside) the purpose of marriage, and IMHO it starts with how we view sex. If it weren't treated as a recreational activity to be done with whoever and whenever, it would've been kept more in focus as something that belongs *only* in a marriage.

Why does sex belong only in marriage?

God has physically and spiritually ordained it so. We know through scientific study that during sex the oxytocin hormone rises in both men and women, which then creates a real physiological bond between them. Spiritually and emotionally, you are giving yourself to someone, uniting yourself to the person, and opening up to the possbility of new life (procreation).

Such a powerful bond, such a powerful relationship, needs to exist in an equally powerful framework that will reinforce and protect it--the marriage institution. We already see the terrible and sad consequences when we don't adhere to this:

The evidence is overwhelming that children raised in households headed by a single parent are much more prone to sexual abuse, drug abuse, crime, and divorce, for instance. Their health is poorer; their academic achievement is poorer; their economic well-being is less than that of children who are raised in two-parent households. In every way, children raised in single parent households seem to have a few strikes against them as they forge their way through life. (I do not want to suggest, of course, that all children raised in single parenthood households are doomed. I simply want to report that Catholic Church teaching, the teaching of most religions, sociological research, and perhaps common sense are at one in recognizing that children fare better when raised in a household with two parents.) The number of single-parenthood households has risen dramatically, due, of course, largely to unwed pregnancy and divorce.
(Source: HERE)

Add into there the epidemic of STD's and HIV/AIDS, and clearly we see the problems that arise when we debase sex and marriage.

God designed sex within the framework of marriage for a reason, and marriage is something that can only occur between a man and woman.

Man (father) + Woman (mother) --> Child

A marriage requires two ingredients for procreation of children: a man and woman.

A homosexual relationship isn't an "alternative," it's an inherently disordered sexual relationship (i.e., not in order with the purpose of sex and marriage as described above), and thus by its very nature cannot be approved of let alone declared a marriage.

Belle Du Jour

I have never done a real fast before (although I gave up something for Lent so I imagine it's the same). I would like to join and will refresh my memory about what the Daniel Fast entails. :yep:

Shimmie

Staff member
Yes...I did. Thank you for always thinking of me in the mornings...I appreciate you and your prayers! :love2:

I'm in for sure. A Daniel fast would be great, if that's what the Lord is speaking to nicole.kirwan about doing! However, I do think that we should have a separate prayer line for this, specifically for those who will do the fast...this is very important. As intercessors, we must come together on one accord with this. I believe that nicole.kirwan has heard from the Lord regarding this fast and prayer, as I was thinking about this as well.:yep:

I totally agree, Sis. Whatever Nicola and everyone decides, I will flow. :yep:

As for 'Me' in the mornings... you're always in my prayers. :pray:

Shimmie

Staff member
I have never done a real fast before (although I gave up something for Lent so I imagine it's the same). I would like to join and will refresh my memory about what the Daniel Fast entails. :yep:

It means no 'chocolate' or waffle fries from Chick Fil a.... :look:

Here you are Angel... and the Ladies here will be able to share even more with you. :yep:

http://daniel-fast.com/

Shimmie

Staff member
Shimmie,

There is no 'waffling' at Chic-Fil A.. just waffle fries :lol::lol:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: It's obvious I need to be 'delivered' from them.

I'll be giving up my coffee drinks as well cause I enjoy them way too much. :love4:

Shimmie

Staff member
How many, Lord? How many will heed the call to this fast and prayer and join us? How many will make a choice to get on their knees with others who desire your Will for this nation? How many will cry out, with a heart of compassion, crying FATHER, WE NEED YOU...HELP US...HELP THIS NATION, LORD?:cry2::cry2::cry2::cry2:

Father, draw them to this place...even those that have never posted before, draw them to the place of desiring to please you...a place of prayer, in your presence Lord, that you may reveal your plan for us in this place (CF) and that you will bring those to repentance that they may be reconciled to you.

Your mercy, Lord....we need your mercy.

In Jesus name...amen.

:pray: Amen :pray:

Belle Du Jour

It looks like only water is allowed but can I use my juicer to make juice from fruits/veggies? Or is that cheating? :look:

And no meat or eggs--any ideas for getting in enough protein?

Galadriel

It looks like only water is allowed but can I use my juicer to make juice from fruits/veggies? Or is that cheating? :look:

Perhaps go with fish and beans, and non-dairy protein shake...:yep: As for the juicer, I suppose it's ok as long as you don't add flavors, etc.

Shimmie

Staff member

Your juicer is fine :yep: And it's actually one of the best ways to cleanse your body (juicing and veggie/fruit smoothies).

Basically, a Daniel fast is omitting foods of pleasure. Water is excellent for staying hydrated and for detoxifying the body.

This is a perfect time to balance your body's ph levels. For the most part, many of us are highly acidic (our bodies have high acid levels and we deal with the consequences which is inflammation in the body). The body comes into balance with eating foods which are high in alkaline content. These are greens, leafy vegetables.

Here's a small list to help balance the body and to be in line with a Daniel fast. Note: I'm not an expert, I'm still learning. What I'm has been tested and true. :yep:

First thing in the morning, drink a glass of water with fresh lemon juice. No sugar, just lemon juice. This is one of the best alkaline drinks.

Although lemon is a citrus fruit, it is actually more alkaline than it is acid. You may also use a fresh lime. :yep:

Here is an Alkaline Food Chart: I pray that this blesses everyone. This is acutally cleansing and balancing the Blood which is also a huge benefit for a spiritual cleanse as we fast and pray.

http://www.energiseforlife.com/acid-alkaline-food-chart-2.0.pdf

Enjoy...the body cleanse. :yep:

aribell

formerly nicola.kirwan
@nicola.kirwan...

I'm in.... when does this start, or was this rhetorical question?

Not rhetorical! I'm glad you all want to do this. I used Twitter to invite others to fast and pray as well, and I'd encourage you all to do the same (FB, Twitter, etc). :yep:

Basically, a Daniel fast is omitting foods of pleasure.
Water is excellent for staying hydrated and for detoxifying the body.

Yes, Daniel said that he ate no pleasant thing. There are lots of things that will "technically" meet the requirements of a Daniel fast in that they aren't meat, sugar, refined wheat, etc. (super yummy fruit smoothies for instance) But we're going for the spirit of the law rather than just the letter.

I was thinking that the fast would be for the last three weeks of August, meaning that it would start on Friday, Aug. 10. But individual people can flex the time as fits their lives best; I think the important thing is that we are all in agreement during this time.

Yesterday, as I was reflecting on this, I really started thinking about homosexuality and same sex marriage as a symptom of a deeper problem. In the beginning, the Lord made us male and female. So I think praying for our understanding of what it means to be men and women, husbands and wives, fathers and mothers would be fruitful. And that we would submit to His order. Praying for repentance in the Church first for ways that we have failed to walk in the Lord's paths of marriage and family, and then for our society more broadly, against the attack on God's pattern of male and female and the two coming together as one, creating families that glorify Him.

Verses for prayer:

Daniel 9 -confession, recognition of God's judgment, plea for mercy; Daniel owned the sin of his people even though he was righteous. He said "we" have sinned and humbled himself before God on their behalf.

"'But from the beginning of creation, "God made them male and female." "Therefore a man shall leave his father and mother and hold fast to his wife,and the two shall become one flesh.’ So they are no longer two but one flesh.'" Mark 10:6-8

"Did he not make them one, with a portion of the Spirit in their union? And what was the one God seeking? Godly offspring. So guard yourselves in your spirit, and let none of you be faithless to the wife of your youth." Malachi 2:15

Thus says the LORD: “Stand by the roads, and look, and ask for the ancient paths, where the good way is; and walk in it, and find rest for your souls. But they said, ‘We will not walk in it.’ Jeremiah 6:16

"And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death." Revelation 12:11

Last edited:

naturalgyrl5199

There have always been prophets, and The Church is a prophetic voice in this world. Jesus fulfilled the offices of prophet, priest, and king; and as His Body on the earth, we carry out the same. Jeremiah was called the weeping prophet for the extent to which he publicly cried out against the sin of his people. Had most of the prophets taken the attitude, "Hey, it has nothing to do with me," we wouldn't have hardly any of the major or minor prophetic books. Not every individual believer is going to have that public prophetic voice, but such a voice is a foundational ministry within the Church. Prophetic ministry is not only inward toward other Christians, but outward as well, and it has everything to do with what is going on in government and broader society (look at Jonah, Elijah, Daniel) and it has always been that way.

Well, God will judge us as a nation, and already is. Not necessarily for gay marriage alone, but for unrighteousness generally. Furthermore, as others have mentioned, it's not just about us. There will be generations after this one and by our passivity, they may be born into a society that is much worse and harder to be in that it otherwise would have been had we resisted evil.

If we care about preaching the Gospel, we should also remember that the harder people's hearts are, the harder it is to accept the Gospel. Notice how in this instance, Dan Cathy only said he believed what the Bible said about marriage, and that alone was enough to enrage people.

There is a sense in which love of neighbor should compel us to speak up, to warn, to correct, to feel deeply about sin in our society; because we know the consequences. We don't need to strive but we do need to stand.

No problem. But IMO we're in trouble because adultry is not illegal either. So many things are legal but unlawful according to God's word. Its nothing wrong with standing up for your beliefs. But stand up for all beliefs. This man said They are married to their "first wives"....meaning they don't believe in divorce either. But you didn't see people marching to support that. I see a tinge of hypocrisy when it comes to which Christian values some people will choose to march for. That is all.

Belle Du Jour

I was thinking that the fast would be for the last three weeks of August, meaning that it would start on Friday, Aug. 10. But individual people can flex the time as fits their lives best; I think the important thing is that we are all in agreement during this time.

I will have to make some modifications because of where I am currently, but I'm in to start August 10. :yep: I think God has been speaking to me about fasting since the beginning of the year but I was scared to "go there." But, I'm not playing anymore. Let's release some things. :yep:

Daniel 9confession, recognition of God's judgment, plea for mercy; Daniel owned the sin of his people even though he was righteous. He said "we" have sinned and humbled himself before God on their behalf.

Wow, it's always cool when you get confirmation that you have been hearing from God through other people. I feel I keep hearing this recurring theme of atonement and making reparations to God. This is what Jesus did. He paid the bounty for all of us though He was spotless. Even making the parallel to marriage again, marriage and parenthood are about sacrifice, serving and a daily dying to self. It seems so insignificant, though, like what can my little fasting or prayer do? But I'm sure God sees my heart.

Yes, Lord, I'm hearing You. Keep speaking. . .

Last edited:

aribell

formerly nicola.kirwan
naturalgyrl5199 said:
No problem. But IMO we're in trouble because adultry is not illegal either. So many things are legal but unlawful according to God's word. Its nothing wrong with standing up for your beliefs. But stand up for all beliefs. This man said They are married to their "first wives"....meaning they don't believe in divorce either. But you didn't see people marching to support that. I see a tinge of hypocrisy when it comes to which Christian values some people will choose to march for. That is all.

When no fault divorce was instituted, Christian groups were against it. There's been more discussion about it and articles against it in the last few years. Gay marriage is at the forefront right now because of the new initiatives to move it forward. Furthermore, there's a distinction between what the gov't merely permits and what it confers benefits upon. But anyway, I really like the way this thread has shifted towards prayer, which is for marriage and family on the whole, and I would hope that there's no offense or hypocrisy in that. So please, join in the fast.

Last edited:

Shimmie

Staff member
Not rhetorical! I'm glad you all want to do this. I used Twitter to invite others to fast and pray as well, and I'd encourage you all to do the same (FB, Twitter, etc). :yep:

Yes, Daniel said that he ate no pleasant thing. There are lots of things that will "technically" meet the requirements of a Daniel fast in that they aren't meat, sugar, refined wheat, etc. (super yummy fruit smoothies for instance) But we're going for the spirit of the law rather than just the letter.

Yesterday, as I was reflecting on this, I really started thinking about homosexuality and same sex marriage as a symptom of a deeper problem. In the beginning, the Lord made us male and female. So I think praying for our understanding of what it means to be men and women, husbands and wives, fathers and mothers would be fruitful. And that we would submit to His order. Praying for repentance in the Church first for ways that we have failed to walk in the Lord's paths of marriage and family, and then for our society more broadly, against the attack on God's pattern of male and female and the two coming together as one, creating families that glorify Him.

Verses for prayer:

Daniel 9 -confession, recognition of God's judgment, plea for mercy; Daniel owned the sin of his people even though he was righteous. He said "we" have sinned and humbled himself before God on their behalf.

"'But from the beginning of creation, "God made them male and female." "Therefore a man shall leave his father and mother and hold fast to his wife,and the two shall become one flesh.’ So they are no longer two but one flesh.'" Mark 10:6-8

"Did he not make them one, with a portion of the Spirit in their union? And what was the one God seeking? Godly offspring. So guard yourselves in your spirit, and let none of you be faithless to the wife of your youth." Malachi 2:15

Thus says the LORD: “Stand by the roads, and look, and ask for the ancient paths, where the good way is; and walk in it, and find rest for your souls. But they said, ‘We will not walk in it.’ Jeremiah 6:16

"And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death." Revelation 12:11

I'm ready, August 10th is perfect for me to begin. :yep: I am sharing this with my family and other friends as well.

Nicola, thank you so much for this. Your post above is very cutting to my spirit. It's a good cut, for I can feel the annointing flowing each work you have shared.

You have the annointing of Esther upon you... you will not perish. :love3:

Shimmie

Staff member
Hi :wave: New Life Sisters... :yep: Yes .......... each of you are bringing forth new life. Watch and see how God flows and uses each and every one of you.... :love2:

For those who feel 'challenged' or if this is your first time fasting, please be encouraged. God is going to do wonders with you. A Daniel fast is a wonderful way of cleansing your Blood of toxins. You will more than likely discover that you will feel better physically and this will strengthen your spirit.

Be prepared for your body to give you some challenges, but that's the healing process of your body and the your life's Blood ridding its self of allergens, heavy metals, pollutants, and even negative influences which may have been challenging your spirit and your prayer time.

You are also 'relaxing' your digestive system, giving it a rest from processing all of the chemicals, preservatives and Heaven only knows what which has been working your liver and kidneys overtime.

This is a time for healing the Body (yours ) and the Body of Christ (The Church)

Ease into the fast with fresh fruits and veggies; if you are able purchase a citrus fruit wash to remove the toxins from the fresh produce that you will be eating.

Drink distilled water if you are able and add a little fresh lemon juice to it for your first drink of water in the morning. This alkalizes your body's ph and it will help your digestive processes as your eat foods with fiber.

Please take your vitamins. Especially C's, B's and E. Your Blood needs all three of these. Vitamine D3 is a crucial hormone (it's safe) which will help balance your mood (especially for those who will have their monthy cycle during this fast) ... you especially need the B vitamins to keep your Blood strong.

Season your veggies with non-salted herbs and seasonings. Please eat greens as much as possible.

Eat beets... the enzymes in beets kills tumors and protects the Blood.

Eat celery... another veggie with antioxidant properties.

In place of breads... use lettuce leaves and make a bed of fresh spinache, shredded carrots, thinly sliced cucumbers, and spread avocado spread over the leaves as this is a necessary fat that your body needs.

Eat Kale... yes... your Blood will love you for it. Eat it plain for the Daniel fast; it may seem a challenge, but the benefits both physically and spiritually are abundant.

These will help you feel better during the fast and as you heal, your heart heals and as your heart heals, your ear unto God opens wider and what He says, you will do, without hesitation....because you know it's coming from Him, your Father who art in Heaven....Hallowed be His Holy Name. Amen.

'Thine ear shall hear a voice behind it saying...this is the way, walk ye in it'

Shimmie

Staff member
When no fault divorce was instituted, Christian groups were against it. There's been more discussion about it and articles against it in the last few years. Gay marriage is at the forefront right now because of the new initiatives to move it forward. Furthermore, there's a distinction between what the gov't merely permits and what it confers benefits upon. But anyway, I really like the way this thread has shifted towards prayer, which is for marriage and family on the whole, and I would hope that there's no offense or hypocrisy in that. So please, join in the fast.

Thank you Nicola... thank you. If I am going to continue in the Ministry of Marriage, this is the 'call' that I need to take heed to... the call of this fasting and prayer.

We (as the Body of Christ) are at the pinnacle of what God is calling each of us to be and to fulfill in His Kingdom here on earth. The annointing here is very storng and it's only going to grow stronger. There's a wall of power and protection that God has built around us, allowing no infractions, but only His spirit. I can see those 'watching' and being transformed in their hearts by the very presence of God.

This is the call that God has upon us and I'm fully yielded and humbled that God would allow me to be a part of His plan. Honored and humbled that each woman here has included me as one of them.

Praise Jesus...

Marriage has a whole new refined meaning now... a meaning that is cutting and is of God, that no legislation can refine; and I am not running from it.

Shimmie

Staff member
I will have to make some modifications because of where I am currently, but I'm in to start August 10. :yep: I think God has been speaking to me about fasting since the beginning of the year but I was scared to "go there." But, I'm not playing anymore. Let's release some things. :yep:

Wow, it's always cool when you get confirmation that you have been hearing from God through other people. I feel I keep hearing this recurring theme of atonement and making reparations to God. This is what Jesus did. He paid the bounty for all of us though He was spotless. Even making the parallel to marriage again, marriage and parenthood are about sacrifice, serving and a daily dying to self. It seems so insignificant, though, like what can my little fasting or prayer do? But I'm sure God sees my heart.

Yes, Lord, I'm hearing You. Keep speaking. . .

Belle, you 'opened' this up with your post about the real meaning of Marriage. And I've been subdued ever since. Then Nicola and Galadriel's post; then Nice & Wavy, God subdued me through each of you. I was 'running' ahead of the Lord in my quest to 'fight' for Marriage.

God subdued me and I am so humbled. I needed to be still and let God redirect me.

You know what? When I started this thread, I prayed: Lord, let this thread give honour to you...let it be pleasing to you. He brought each of you in here to do the pleasing. Yes He did... Oh yes God did. Praise Him. :love3: