APL 2012 Challenge

pookaloo83

Think I can keep these twists in until September? :lol: Iono man!

I think any that look raggedy I will redo to stretch this until at least August.

growbaby

APL ninja here, Ok I am fully accepting the fact that I'm out of this challenge. Went swimming today n my mom took a pic that made me say "that's MY hair!?" I think im just not ready to let go bcuz it's so cold n not as loving in the BSL challenge welllll I guess I will have to make due.
I'm counting down the days till more of u awesome ladies join us in there. N I will be lurking on your progresses :yep:

image-913933183.jpg

-ninja out

NikkiQ

^^^^LMAO :lachen: @ "ninja out"!!!!!

Your hair looks GREAT!!!! What are you doing to keep it healthy and protected while swimming??

growbaby

^^^^LMAO :lachen: @ "ninja out"!!!!!

Your hair looks GREAT!!!! What are you doing to keep it healthy and protected while swimming??

Thank you. I drown it and i mean DROWN it in conditioner like an hr before i swim let it dry ( like harden a little ) then add oil on the ends. when I get to the pool I dampen it with the outside shower head thingy then pull out my spray bottle with water and conditioner and spray until my heart is content lol. After swimming i rinse under the outside shower ASAP then go home and either cowash thoroughly or shampoo, then DC. My hair always feels great after and i feel comfortable that i got the cholorine out and minimized how much got in my strands to begin with.

livinthevida

Not sure where I am in this journey but here it is. :look: Blowdried on medium heat in the first pic. No products and damp hair in the second. I'll probably be straightening in August to see where I really am.

Made the mistake of using a hardcore protein when I needed something lighter. My hair feels very strong but it's knotting up on itself... which lead to me blowdrying on medium heat and rocking two braids. :lol: Old school. :grin:

PCOS has thinned my edges out but I understand that it goes with the territory. It's not too bad... but I'm not uber happy about it. :nono:
Congratulations @Iluvsmuhgrass! You look APL in the left side photo! Is all your hair at APL or are aiming to grow it all out over time?

livinthevida

APL ninja here, Ok I am fully accepting the fact that I'm out of this challenge. Went swimming today n my mom took a pic that made me say "that's MY hair!?" I think im just not ready to let go bcuz it's so cold n not as loving in the BSL challenge welllll I guess I will have to make due.
I'm counting down the days till more of u awesome ladies join us in there. N I will be lurking on your progresses :yep:

View attachment 154733

-ninja out
Great hair growbaby! OMG that pool looks really cool :surf: and inviting! I think you just might be BSL here and on your way to MBL!

growbaby

Great hair @growbaby! OMG that pool looks really cool :surf: and inviting! I think you just might be BSL here and on your way to MBL!

Thank you so much! but not quite, although im getting mighty close :yep: i am shocked at the legth tho, i made her retake it twice to BE POSITIVE my head wasn't tilted back. she accused me of having OCD LOL.

Mjon912

Thank you Meritamen...claud-uk how much biotin do you take? I take it to but I'm taking 1000mcg, I was taking a way higher dose before but had the 'biotin bloat' (so unattractive when you fart in your sleep and wake yourself up :lol:) so I had to cut back...Blairx0 I have those dreams to:ohwell:Sometimes I'll see a woman in public with long beautiful hair and i have a quick daydream of her hair on my head:spinning: I'm so ready to be WL?..pookaloo83 do you pin it on your head, my almost came off a couple time today...TruMe I used to never trim, maybe once a year, and I went from very damaged SL to BSL in 2.5years...but looking back at my pics I can deinately see where I should have been trimming...I still got good growth and after I reached APL I never PS'ed or took vits or used growth aids but Im positive I could of gotten to BSL much faster...pelohello I count APL at the crease and a good majority of my hair needs to be there without pullin or anything, just fallin there by itself...Angela4769 aww wash that hair girl...mabe do a roller set for a less damaging style to get it straight again

Last edited:

Lurkee

growbaby said:

-ninja out

growbaby :drool:
We are coming!!!

lamaria211

growbaby said:

-ninja out

Oooohhh aaaahhhhhh:)

claud-uk

...claud-uk how much biotin do you take? I take it to but I'm taking 1000mcg, I was taking a way higher dose before but had the 'biotin bloat' (so unattractive when you fart in your sleep and wake yourself up :lol:) so I had to cut back...

You're so funny, I just woke up DH upstairs with my hystrical grunts :lachen:

I take 20,000mg per day (yes, 20,000!) I've only been on 20,000 for 6 days (I am trying the "double up" method for the next 3 months) and so far have no probs. Before that I was on 10,000mg per day from April to June. DD says I'm looking "really young" (she's 16, said it like it's illegal or sth!)

Great hair growbaby! I think you just might be BSL here and on your way to MBL!

^^^ :yep:

growbaby - OMG, that's AWESOME progress! Looks like you're absolutely doing everything right, what about your regular regi? (for those of us who don't swim!) :spinning:

Iluvsmuhgrass - Wow, I love how your hair is so thick all the way to the ends! Really nice! :yep:

growbaby :drool:
We are coming!!!
Wait for me :lol:

YAY, I just worked out how to do multiquote - can't stop me now! :grin:

NikkiQ

I'm pretty bummed that I've only been able to wear my braids up in a ponytail or down. No bun for me. I gotta figure out other ways to wear these things.

Guinan

Re-Branding
Not sure where I am in this journey but here it is. :look: Blowdried on medium heat in the first pic. No products and damp hair in the second. I'll probably be straightening in August to see where I really am.

Made the mistake of using a hardcore protein when I needed something lighter. My hair feels very strong but it's knotting up on itself... which lead to me blowdrying on medium heat and rocking two braids. :lol: Old school. :grin:

PCOS has thinned my edges out but I understand that it goes with the territory. It's not too bad... but I'm not uber happy about it. :nono:

Your hair looks great, all those waves are making me sea sick :drunk:.
Now correct me if I'm wrong, I would consider you APL:yep:. Do you claim APL?

LuvlyRain3

Hi ladies!! haven't been in this thread in forever. Just moved to another state. So busy getting my life together lhcf had to take a backseat. So I'm going to go on and claim apl. Will post pics later today when in done with my hair.

Last edited:

claud-uk

claud-uk how is your diet?

:wave: Hi lamaria211

It's going great, thank you - I'm down to half a teaspoon brown sugar a day, still not smoking, taking 20,000mg Biotin (a lot I know but no side effects (urgh, who farted?!)) and 3,000mg MSM daily, plus 25mg Vitamin B3 which helps with blood circulation, 2,000mg Omega 3 and 2,000mg Cod Liver Oil. I've also doubled my protein intake so that I'm on a minimum of about 75g pure protein daily.

My daily menu is Alpen for brekkie, then a protein shake, then a banana, then either half a protein shake OR tuna/egg mixed, then dinner, then Weetabix in bed :lol: No extras, no sweets/biscuits/chocolate and only water to drink.

I eat this 7 days a week - the only thing that changes is what meat I have with my brown rice for dinner! I'm wondering if I can keep this up for 90 days... but I will because then I can present you all a fair test of diet on hair growth - remember I took NO vits/supplements and nearly zero protein during Feb - April and got 3/4" a month, then I SHOCKED my body with all the good stuff and got 1.5" a month from April to June.

So what happens when you double up? I'm squeaking like a guinea pig in excitement but if there's no extra growth on top of the 1.5"/month it's sort of okay because it means that just taking a few vits daily and consistently keeping your daily diet in check should ensure the hair comes out your head - what happens on the other end is down to us individually!

I'm sorry for rambling on - I bet you wish you never asked now! :blush:

Attachments

• apr-june-2012-comparison.jpg
    apr-june-2012-comparison.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 48

LilMissSunshine5

YAY! I am doing a happy dance :yay: I get nervous about these things, but I am aiming for full APL by December, so I'll still be lurking around here...I work such long days, so I can't even keep up with this thread :lol: Thanking is the best I can do because by the time I read and want to comment on something, it is pretty much irrelevant :lachen::lachen:

Iluvsmuhgrass

Thank you claud-uk and pelohello :giggle: :blush:

Now correct me if I'm wrong, I would consider you APL:yep:. Do you claim APL?

No, I don't claim it... I feel I'm still at shoulder length honestly. :ohwell: I'm still trying to get over the hump of "full APL" I guess. :lol: The shortest part of my hair is my bangs... they reach between my bottom lip and chin right now. :nono:

I'm not using any growth aides... but I want to lol.

growbaby

@growbaby - OMG, that's AWESOME progress! Looks like you're absolutely doing everything right, what about your regular regi? (for those of us who don't swim!) :spinning:
THANK YOU! i appreciate it. My regular regi is nothing out of the norm

poo 1x a week (trying to cut back on that tho)
DC 1-2 times a week
Cowash 1-2 times a week (scalp massage time):yep:
M&S 1-2 times a day
protein treatment 1-2 times a month
clarify once a month
HOT once a month (trying to increase those)
apply Sulphur 2-3 times a week
NEVER miss my vitamins
bun 95% of the time
direct heat only once a month

Last edited: