APL 2012 Challenge

Evolving78

Why do I want to sabotage my progress? I feel like cutting my hair with some layers to make it appear "full". Even though I know fully well that my hair is naturally thin and no amount of cutting will thicken it up. I also want to dye my hair a light brown colour for summer.

Sheed this is why I need some PS in my hair life. My hair has been out for more than a year now and I am getting bored. Two problems: braids fall out by the root and have messed up my edges and weave take-downs are disastrous as I get a huge amount of shedding which thins my hair out more.

I am thinking of getting a half wig instead. Any thoughts ladies? Do any of you get that urge to cut and/or dye once in a while?

i get that urge to cut/color all of the time. that is just my nature. but i am really trying to see how long i can grow my hair on my own without the help of a stylist. i don't really hide my hair. i will throw a wig on if i am lazy, sick, or pressed for time occasionally. roller sets/rod sets are what keep me from getting bored and i get to wear my hair out. i roller set, wear it out, and the next day it is in a bun. i wash every 3-4 days. braids and weaves are the devil for me at this moment. try a flex rod or curl formers set! your hair will thank you for it and it will be great for the summer.

Lurkee

Lurkee Oh no, I didn't think that at all. Just don't want you cut away your progress. Now me on the other hand...:yep: I needed an intervention.

Was kidding. :yep:

I am lurking on the "How Much To Cut" thread and it is making me back away from the scissors for now.

growbaby

Hello ladies.. So my relaxer application is done, I'm just unsure how I'm going to dry n style, airdry? Roller set? Flat iron? Idk but anywho here is my wet hair.. I have made APL in the front :) ! Not so much in the back lol. Hopefully it'll be there next length check

image-858757921.jpg

image-4209198427.jpg

diadall

growbaby said:
Hello ladies.. So my relaxer application is done, I'm just unsure how I'm going to dry n style, airdry? Roller set? Flat iron? Idk but anywho here is my wet hair.. I have made APL in the front :) ! Not so much in the back lol. Hopefully it'll be there next length check

It looks APL when wet. I would see where it is dry. You may be there.

coolsista-paris

growbaby said:

nice. to me you look apl even the back! great hug?! keep up the good work

growbaby

diadall said:
It looks APL when wet. I would see where it is dry. You may be there.

My hair always Looks shorter to me when dry, but who knows.. I'll be sure to post pics once it's dry n styled. Fingers crossed lol

faithVA

@[URL="http://www.longhaircareforum.com/member.php?u=338123" said:
growbaby[/URL];16042485]Hello ladies.. So my relaxer application is done, I'm just unsure how I'm going to dry n style, airdry? Roller set? Flat iron? Idk but anywho here is my wet hair.. I have made APL in the front :) ! Not so much in the back lol. Hopefully it'll be there next length check

You are there both front and back. :congrats:

diadall

growbaby said:
My hair always Looks shorter to me when dry, but who knows.. I'll be sure to post pics once it's dry n styled. Fingers crossed lol

Mine too but our goals may be different. I want APL dry hair but I know some want APL curly or wet. It you want APL wet, then you are there.

Lurkee

View attachment 151785

View attachment 151787

growbaby Thanks for the pictures. It looks APL to me too. I usually roller set after a relaxer but a blowdry sounds good too. :yep:

growbaby

Ok ladies I covered my hair in foam wrap lotion and coconut oil then blow dried.. I think you all were right! What do u think?

image-1131232009.jpg

image-215289184.jpg

growbaby

Lurkee said:
growbaby I think you just hit APL. Congrats. I love how even your hair is. It looks very healthy. Did you wet wrap and then blow dry or you used the wrap lotion as a blow dry lotion?

Lurkee thanx! I used it as a blow dry lotion

Last edited:

growbaby

Thank u all ladies! I am over the moon with my progress from shoulder length to APL in 7 months! And I have all of u to thank.. Ok enough with the award speech lol. Hope u all have a wonderful week.

lilyofthenile

Going to get my hair braided sometime this week.

Haven't really updated much b/c I'm still focusing on my seborrheic dermatitis. I still shampoo twice a week with Nizoral and inbetween I use ayurvedic treatments such as brahmi and shikakai. I also prepoo with oil mix and added essential oils. I'm changing my diet as well, starting a detox to fight this. :yep:

I hope all you ladies are doing well on your journey to APL. :)

livinthevida

Thank u all ladies! I am over the moon with my progress from shoulder length to APL in 7 months! And I have all of u to thank.. Ok enough with the award speech lol. Hope u all have a wonderful week.
@growbaby that's great progress in ONLY 7 months! I just looked back at my March 31 length check and am amazed at how healthy my hair is today :) in the past 4 months I have gone from shoulder length (SL) hair to almost APL by an intsy bitsy bit:clapping: I am REALLY looking forward to what the next few months and Summer bring :)

growbaby

livinthevida said:
@growbaby that's great progress in ONLY 7 months! I just looked back at my March 31 length check and am amazed at how healthy my hair is today :) in the past 4 months I have gone from shoulder length (SL) hair to almost APL by an intsy bitsy bit:clapping: I am REALLY looking forward to what the next few months and Summer bring :)

I think summer has great things in store for us! And I personally cannot wait.

NikkiQ

We got another graduate!! :woot: we're on a roll this month...so who's next?? :look:

Sent by me from my Android phone.Boom

Mjon912

livinthevida...thank you...yes dr miracles Gro oil has a smell but I think it's light so it doesn't bother me, the MN doesn't have a smell at all...and I had to cut my hair because I looked awful, post partum shedding and a lot of stress had it coming out in clumps =(
Lurkee I know the feeling, I wanted to dye my hair for like 4 months, when I finally did in feb only my roots came out blonde! Epic fail lol
growbaby your APL:waytogo:

MJ over here...can't wait until our length check...hopefully I'll be pleasantly surprised...still using my MN and bunning =)

Last edited: