Who gets 3/4 or 1 inch of new growth monthly

keylargo

If so, please post your vitamin regimen. I get 1/2 inch monthly regardless of what I do. I want to increase that. I was getting more when I first started my vitamin regimen but I don't remember what i was taking. I think the only thing that I stopped was the MSM. Maybe I will start it again.
Right now i take:
Now's multivitamin-1 a day
B-Complex 100mg- 1 a day
Vitamin E (400mg) with Selenium (200mg)- 1 every other day
Vitamin C (1000mg) -not taking consistently
Omega 3-6-9 EFA Blend-1 tablespoon twice a day
Multimineral supplement w/calcium, magnesium, zinc,etc- 2 a day but just started

skegeesmb

I had a much better post, but it's gone so this is a shorter version:

1 Centrum knock off (Walmart)
1 Silica tablet (Vitamin shop Silica) (www.vitaminshoppe.com)
1 Evening Primrose Oil sofgel (walmart)
1 Organic Flaxseed Oil (walmart)
1 Country Life Biotin caplet (5 mg)(www.vitaminshoppe.com)
1 Cardiovascular Research caplet (7 mg) (www.vitaminshoppe.com)
2 Ultra Nourishair (gnc, or www.drugstore.com)
2 MSM tablets (1.5 mg) (available at Vitamin world)
3 Amino Acid capsules (available at gnc)
3 Marlyn 4Hair (conduct a search for this one, type Marlyn 4hair and it should direct you to sites that you can buy them)

That's a lot of pills to take (15) /images/graemlins/shocked.gif. I usually take all of them at one time in bunches of 5. I used to take them everytime I ate, but I would forget. I have the ok to take these vitamins.

I also take some the vitamins for other reasons besides hair, I take birth control pills and I've read that depletes certain b vitamins, I am iron deficient, so I take the extra iron that comes in the 4hair. I have excema so I take the EPO and Flax Oil to keep my skin supple and moist which helps keep itching outbreaks to a minimum. I've noticed I've had less painful periods, and when I breakout I don't hyperpigmentate as I used to in the past.

This might not work for you though. I have been taking vitamins for 4 years now, and I have tweaked my regime to suit my needs.

If you have any questions you can email me at [email protected].

I hope that helps.
Skegeesmb

Valerie

That's good, if you start an exercise plan, that will greatly increase your hair growth, I get nearly an inch a month, but I exercise four-five times a week.

skegeesmb

oops, I forgot about exersicing. I exercise 6 times a week, and I drink more than a half gallon of water a day.

Thanks for mentioning that Valerie.

Nanyanika

Hi, keylargo I grow 1 inch every two weeks, due to the vast amount of vitamins and minerals I consume per day.

skegeesmb

I do a combination. I do 3 days of cardio and 3 days of weight training.

Boy if my hair grew an inch in two weeks, I could get updates in my album fast enough.

Paris Belle

Hi, I have two very silly questions.. /images/graemlins/blush.gif

I know that exercise helps the hair grow, but how does it exactly do that?

Also, I wanted to know if "C" means coarse and what does ii and iii mean?

Thanks for any answers.

skegeesmb

Yes C does mean coarse. ii, and iii mean medium and thick strands, it is from a hair system on the hairboard www.tlhs.org (hopefully this is right), but I think someone has posted it on a post about hairtypes.

I'm not sure what exercising does to my hair,but it definately does something.

Jade21

CarmenRose,

Why exercise and hair growth increase? Generally, it's increased circulation with the exercise. Also, in terms of nutrients, those identified for the same or similar purposes generally increase rate of growth, too.

Keylargo,

The multimineral taken consistently should help to rock with some extra growth. For healthy, well-growing hair, I would not be without it or the B-Complex.

~Jade~

NayNay

Well here is my 2 cents on hair growth. Your scalp nourishes your hair and just like anything else, circulation assists in keeping your body healthy (poor circulation leads to poor extremity (hands, feet) health). I think the same thing happens with the scalp-the exercising provides extra circulation which in turn can stimulate hair growth.
I seem to get about 3/4 inches of growth per month. I take extra RDA amount of zinc and vitamin C, one pill with the 3 essential omega acids and one ultra GNC nourishair daily. For this month I may up my dosage of GNC nourishair to 2 pills daily (the recommended dosage) to see what happens. I can't say I have really noticed any new changes in my new growth or additional hair growth from the vitamins......

L.A. Woman

I get 3/4 of an inch each month. At first I was doing Twinlab's Amino Fuel until I gained weight from it. Now I only take Twinlab's Super B-Complex w/ 2 Biotin Caps (600mcg) once a day. I don't think it comes in as fast and dense as when I was doing the Amino Fuel but it's okay.

Nanyanika

Hi keylargo,
I felt extremely offended by your ignorant question, Are you trying to be funny? I stated that I recently received 1 inch of hair growth in two weeks, what is so funny about that?

keylargo

I'm sorry Den I honestly thought that you were being sarcastic with me. It is highly unusual to receive an inch of new growth every two weeks. If you do, do you mind sharing your vitamin regimen?

adrienne0914

dang, den1... you seem super sensitive. it's a legitimate question because it IS highly unusual to get 1" in two weeks, or 2" per month. maybe if you had provided more specific detail (since that is what she asked), she would not have reacted that way. i dunno...

adrienne

Nanyanika

I take fo-ti, flax-seed oil, evening primrose oil, amino acids, zinc, iron, B-vitamins, Multi-nutrients, biotin, msm, kelp, Dl-phenylalanine, cleansing herbs. I also have a high protein diet and i excerise on a regular basis. I have natural 4b hair, 4 inches up from my waist

Nanyanika

My primary aim was not to appear sensitive. However, I didn't expect that response, If anyone wishes to know indepth information into my exact regimen, then I'm more than happy to accomodate. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

adrienne0914

okay, i've seen the word fo-ti before, but what does that do? and also what does Dl-phenylalanine do? girl, i was jumping up and down because i increased mine to 1/2" per months. i see i have nothing to cheer about though. how long before you noticed the increase?

adrienne

Ennyaa

I believe I'm getting about that (will know for certain in another month.) My regimen is in my signature but that's not complete (couldn't fit it all). Warning... this regimen is insane.
Okay get ready:

Early Morning Supplements:
Puritan's Pride 1500 Amino Acid Complex - 1 pill (Slightly more potent version of HF37 Step 2)
500mg Puritan's Pride (PP) Evening Primrose Oil
1mg PP Biotin
500mg PP L-Cysteine
Vitamin Shoppe C-1000 w/Rosehips
Viviscal - 1 pill

Supplements spilt between 2 meals of the day:
HF37 Herbal Booster - 2x
PP Vitamins for the Hair (Basically the same as HF37 Step 1) - 2x
900mg PP Choline
250mg PP Inositol
World Organic Silica 500 - 2x *Label states each pill is 50mg of Silica from 380mg of 12.5% Springtime Horsetail Extract and 120mg of Whole Herb Springtime Horsetail. Not sure why that's important but it sounds healthy to me. lol*
4mg PP Biotin (2mg each meal)
PP 1500 Amino Acid Complex - 1 pill usually taken around the 2nd Meal

Late Evening Supplements:
PP 1500 Amino Acid Complex - 1 pill (for a total of 3 for the day)
1000mg PP Flaxseed Oil
Natrol's B-50 Complex
World Organic Silica 500 - 1 pill (for a total of 3 for the day)
4000mg/1tsp Trimedica Powdered MSM mixed in spring water
Viviscal - 1 pill (for a total of 2 for the day)

WHEW that's alot! /images/graemlins/blush.gif But once I got used to it, it became second nature.

kasey

Hi girls,

Den, would you mind being more specific about the actual dosages for each vitamin?

And when you say high protein diet, how much protein are you taking each day and from what sources? Thanks a bunch.

--kc

Nanyanika

Hi, Adreinne
You asked what does fo-ti do?
Fo-ti (radix plygoni multiflori) has been used for centuries in Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) for premature aging and graying of hair. It is also used to prevent or slow down hair loss in androgenic alopecia.

It is purported that fo ti works by inhibiting the conversion of testosterone to DHT. It is also thought that fo ti works by extending the growth phase and reducing the resting and fall out phase of the hair follicle cycle.

The result is more hair in the growth phase and less hair falling out. Various studies have also demonstrated its effectiveness in reducing total cholesterol levels and increasing HDL cholesterol. Claims say that it's 94.56% effective.

leejure

Den,

I would love to view your regimen. I would also love to see a picture of your long natural hair. I know it is beautiful. Can you please post a picture?

Nanyanika

Hi kasey,

fo-ti 560MG 3x A DAY
flax-seed oil 2 TEASPOONS A DAY
evening primrose oil 1000MG 3x
amino acids 1500, 12 tablets a day
zinc 50MG 2X A DAY
iron 200MG 1 A DAY
Holland and Barett B-vitamins 2 A DAY
Multi-nutrients 1 A Day
biotin 8000mcg 1 a day ,
msm 1497 2x a day ,