***Get an inch every month 2011 challenge anyone?***

lushcoils

I think I may have gotten some decent results this month. But I will wait until next week to find out when I take out my extensions.

prettyhair73

I honestly think I have about 3/4 of an inch. My hair is getting pretty long. People keep asking me if it's mine (it had been down about two weeks). That makes me laugh.

JessieLeleB

OMG I haven't updated since July, I changed my reggie to be simple as possible:

1x Weekly
Wash with Soap Bar
Then Protein Condition with AO GPB and ApHogee 2 min Mix-30min- 1Hr
Then Deep Condition Overnight with AO mix with Honey & Coconut Oil
Leave-in with AOHC
Seal with Oil
Braid to scalp the wear a wig all week.

My hair is back to the length it was before I cut it all off so I would say its about 6 inches, in 10mo of growth (Feb-Nov) but I had a major setback and flatironed my natural hair and got heat damage on my left side so I have been trimming about 0.5in off every month for 3 months. So with out trimming I'm still not getting 1in in month more like 1/2 or 2/3 of an inch a month, but even with the heat damage my hair is way healthier than it was before I got on this forum.
Oh and vitamins and growth aids on my hair I just couldn't stick with it if it's more than once a week.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

GIJane

@Royalq

good thing you asked - I haven't updated in a while so thanks for prompting me to do so:

I take my pictures every Saturday night and post them to my blog on Sundays as I'm really pushing hard for as much growth as possible. Take a look at the picture below - I began using sulphur on 8th August and have been applying daily and wearing a ski hat to bed to keep my head nice and warm and foster some growth up there while I'm asleep:

I've already got approx 28mm in 19 days, but some of that is due to the shrinkage in the first picture being stretched out in the second picture so yes I think I will make the 1" mark this month as I've still got another 11 days to make progress. I'm really pleased the sulphur etc is working well for me so far, if I carry on going I will make APL by year end just as planned - maybe even longer!

Any more updates from anyone?

ebsalita What is your regimen? What products do you use? If you don't mind me asking.

ebsalita

GIJane Thanks for asking...

Here's my regimen, no problem- I love to share:

Ok so I'm using sulphur I made my own formulation using light oils and butters.

I normally wear my natural hair straight, though I'm wearing it natural more and more as it gives my hair a break from heat and it's so easy to maintain.

I wash 1-2 times weekly and ALWAYS deep condition (I'm doing this as I type!). I use Aussie miracle conditioner mixed with Hot 6 Oil on dry hair then use a heat cap (the kind you heat in the microwave). When I have the time I leave it on overnight - my hair just seems to drink in the moisture, so much so that I take the cap off and apply more conditioner.

I then wash with Porosity Control shampoo to get the cuticle to close again after the heated conditioning. I rinse with water (occasionally I'll do an oil rinse).

Next I will add a straightening lotion - Aussie Dual personality and I will blow dry using a round brush. If I want it extra sleek and shiny, I will then use straighteners and a heat protectant (Urban Fudge Straight Stuff).

For moisture between washes I will use ORS Olive Oil Moisturiser and a few drops of Hot 6 Oil on the ends.

That is pretty much it, really... I'm still learning and looking for the best products for my hair though...

Hope this helps?

E

GIJane

@GIJane Thanks for asking...

Here's my regimen, no problem- I love to share:

Ok so I'm using sulphur I made my own formulation using light oils and butters.

I normally wear my natural hair straight, though I'm wearing it natural more and more as it gives my hair a break from heat and it's so easy to maintain.

I wash 1-2 times weekly and ALWAYS deep condition (I'm doing this as I type!). I use Aussie miracle conditioner mixed with Hot 6 Oil on dry hair then use a heat cap (the kind you heat in the microwave). When I have the time I leave it on overnight - my hair just seems to drink in the moisture, so much so that I take the cap off and apply more conditioner.

I then wash with Porosity Control shampoo to get the cuticle to close again after the heated conditioning. I rinse with water (occasionally I'll do an oil rinse).

Next I will add a straightening lotion - Aussie Dual personality and I will blow dry using a round brush. If I want it extra sleek and shiny, I will then use straighteners and a heat protectant (Urban Fudge Straight Stuff).

For moisture between washes I will use ORS Olive Oil Moisturiser and a few drops of Hot 6 Oil on the ends.

That is pretty much it, really... I'm still learning and looking for the best products for my hair though...

Hope this helps?

E
THANKS FOR RESPONDING. IT SEEMS TO BE WORKING FOR YOU. WHAT IS IN YOUR SULPHUR MIX.

ebsalita

GIJane

Here you go:

1. Shea butter - I use this as the main oil, because using liquid oil causes it to run onto my face and cause spots.
2. A LITTLE Jamaican Black Castor Oil (for thickening the hair, but not too much or the mixture gets runny again.
3. No more than 5% sulphur (I don't recommend too much as a) it smells and I'm really paranoid about smelling odd, and b) I am a migraine sufferer so I'm careful with what I put on my head)
4. Essential oils or fragrances to my liking (mint, rosemary, majoram, anything fresh smelling).

That's the basics - I just played about until I found something which worked, (no weights or measures, sorry!) adding and minusing the oil, butter etc until it was bearable.

I will say that I think using MSM in the first month helped greatly, but it does take a while to get used to the side effects - for me they were sneezing and headaches - flu like feelings for a few days.

There you go!

youwillrise

hey! how'd y'all do in this challenge? i wasnt apart of it, but i was searching something and this came up and since it's getting to the end of the year, i'm interested to see how everyone grew!