HOTs, Oil Rinses, Ends/Scalp Sealing Challenge 5/1/11- 8/31/11

tiffers

Whisper "bleep boop" to yourself when you're sad.

faithVA

I was in kinky twists install for 2 weeks so no fun for me. Yesterday took them out, did Chicoro's prepoo with Lisa's Hair Ellxir (dang I can't rid of that stuff :lol:).

I'm trying my oil rinses a little different. Dcd and rinsed. Then half filled sink with water and 2 TBSP castor oil and dipped my hair. It's easier and lazier then applying it to my hair. I let it dry without adding any additional product and my hair stayed moisturized and soft.

So going to play around with oil washes like others do them; after the shampoo vs. the final step but still going to do the deip versus the direct application.

I have braids in now and I dipping it is going to work much better at infusing my braids.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Using the Last bit of my Claudie Scalp Exlir. Will replace it BF or whenever she has another Sale.

Not sure what I'll move on to. Maybe HV Avosoya Oil or SM Restorative Exlir.

YoursTrulyRE

M&S with my Hairveda Whipped Creme Ends Hydration/water spritz and sealed ends JBCO. Applied Claudies nape and temple balm to temple and used Claudie's Elixir on scalp in parts btwn cornrows. Will be doing this nightly from now on.

SmilingElephant

I made a niiiiice mix of EVCO, Sweet Almond and a little bit of EVOO in my applicator bottle.

I warmed it up and applied it to my scalp and hair and gave myself a much needed scalp massage:lick:

Can't wait for my JBCO to show up at my door!...I need to get some grapeseed oil as well.

tiffers

Oil rinsed with sunflower seed oil and it made my curls pop all over the place when I rinsed it out. Yeeeaaah, boyeee! :yay:

M&S with Enso's Softening Serum. Love that stuff!

...btw, M&S stands for moisturized & sealed, right? I'm over here saying M&S like I really know what it means! :lol:

swimfan09

Thank you sooooooooo much Tiffers and IDareT'sHair for the Claudies info! I need to use up some of my stash before I purchase more!

I just started using my own oil and sulfur mix - oils are eucalyptus, emu, JBCO and jojoba w/tsp sublimed sulfur. This will be 1x a week with pure JBCO 2-3x a week.

Meritamen

On a happy hair journey
Bought some castor oil. I like it already since it so cheap :grin: -- a little under $3 bucks. Applied it to my edges and nape and will continue to do so every other day and see what happens. Still using my coconut/sesame/rice bran oil mix which makes my hair strong, soft and easier to detangle. Haven't gotten around to making ayurvedic oil infusions yet but that is on the to-do list.

greenandchic

Did an oil rinse with sunflower seed and coconut oils.
Oiled my scalp with Cocoveda Hair Oil.
Sealed ends with castor oil.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Spritzed with Enso Naturals Sweet Agave Nectar & Flaxseed. Will Moisturize with Hairveda Whipped Ends Hydration and Seal with Claudie Exlir.

Brownie518

Oil rinsed with sunflower seed oil and it made my curls pop all over the place when I rinsed it out. Yeeeaaah, boyeee! :yay:

M&S with Enso's Softening Serum. Love that stuff!

...btw, M&S stands for moisturized & sealed, right? I'm over here saying M&S like I really know what it means! :lol:

:lachen::lachen::lachen:

Shay72

Natural, 4A
Doing an overnight HOT with my ceramide mix. I have taken 1.5 month off from Claudie's Scalp Elixir. I will start back up in August.

An_gell

Cowashed last night with BF Marshmallow Cleansing conditioner and used KCKT as leave-in and sealed with horsetail butter.

tiffers

Oil rinsed with a half and half mix of sunflower seed/ coconut oil. :lick:

I'm reallyreallyreally loving oil rinsing these days.

**Dumb question alert** Is there such a thing as TOO much oil rinsing? I think I've done it close to every day lately. Is anyone else oil rinsing a lot?

Using oils and stuff is completely new to me, so I feel a little out of my element, here. :spinning:

tiffers

Doing an overnight HOT with my ceramide mix. I have taken 1.5 month off from Claudie's Scalp Elixir. I will start back up in August.

How'd you like Claudie's Elixer? Did you get good growth from it? I ordered some in the Creme Brulee fragrance and can't wait to get it. :lick:

Imoan

Monday :eek:il scalp with amla oil, then sealed ends with Enso's Softening Serum :) gonna try and do this every other day... wash days I will use vatika or coconut oil as pre poo, then as my finish rinse I will use grapeseed oil.. yep yep yep...

againstallodds

Applied grapeseed oil to the length of my hair and left in overnight. Now pre-pooing/HOT with jojoba, lavender, and eucalyptus oil. Seems to be the only thing that soothes my itchy scalp. And I've noticed decrease in shedding and hair fall since using this mix as HOT.

Sent from my HTC Glacier using HTC Glacier

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Spritzed with Enso Naturals Sweet Agave Hair Nectar, Moisturized with Hairveda's Whipped Ends Hydration and Sealed with Claudie Scalp Exlir.

An_gell

Finger detangled and moisturized my hair yesterday with Curls Whipped Cream (Heavy) and sealed with some horsetail butter. I had a very good hair day today, my hair looked moisturized which has been hard to maintain lately. I really like the horsetail butter it's very good for sealing, I'm definitely gonna buy a couple more bottles. Today I had planned on mixing my herbal oil infusion up with some sulfur but I'm wait til the weekend. That oil is probably good and potent as its been sittin in my closet marinating for the past 33 days. I like makin oil infusions cuz you can choose what herbs and oils you want for your hair.:grin:

Last edited:

Shay72

Natural, 4A
How'd you like Claudie's Elixer? Did you get good growth from it? I ordered some in the Creme Brulee fragrance and can't wait to get it. :lick:

I like it. I am so inconsistent with it though. I'm also inconsistent with my daily intake of silica. So my results may be from a combination of both. I'm also a daily cowasher which I truly believes contributes to my growth also. My longest layer (stretched) is collarbone length after transitioning for a year, bcing, and being natural for a full year. I'm not sure what that means in actual inches.

I did a quick HOT this morning with my ceramide oil mix.