Biotin

MonaRae

What brand are you taking? I am currently taking Rexall. I found it in Wal-Mart but I am looking for a more natural brand.

Thanks!
MonaRae

blueMoon

I take Solaray lozenges. They're orange flavor. I like this brand and for the most part, it's the only brand of vitamin I take. The dosage is 5MG

MonaRae

MizaniMami said:
Biotin is biotin. Brands doesn't really matter. Just make sure they aren't old or they are the mcg/mg you want.

If only this were true. The human body does not know what to do with a syntheic product and will either store it or flush it out of the body.

That's why I try my best to stick with natural products.

MonaRae

MizaniMami

MonaRae said:
If only this were true. The human body does not know what to do with a syntheic product and will either store it or flush it out of the body.

MonaRae

Good way to think about it. I was always taught and I believe that the only 'real natural' source of a vitamin/mineral is in food, not added that is. If you really want 'natural' sources you are better off stocking up on foods with biotin-that's not fortified that is.

MonaRae

Thanks for the input Ladies. I got my eye on Freeda Biotin right now.
However, I am still ope to suggestions.

MonaRae

MonaRae

MizaniMami said:
Good way to think about it. I was always taught and I believe that the only 'real natural' source of a vitamin/mineral is in food, not added that is. If you really want 'natural' sources you are better off stocking up on foods with biotin-that's not fortified that is.

You are 100% correct and there are a few companies that use food for their vitamins. New Chapter is one of them and I just love their products. I don't think they have Biotin tho. Thus begins my search.

MonaRae

Tene

MonaRae said:

MonaRae

I totally agree with this natural is better than synthetic. That's why I buy all my stuff out of the health store. That stuff they sells in the store is synthetic and cheap.

LuvLiLocks

Co-signing here. I take the Solaray Biotin lozenges too. I like them because it kinda makes me feel like I'm not really taking a pill :ohwell: I wish I could get more vitamins/minerals in this form.

LizLeila

I took Freeda after I switched from Puritan Pride and definitely saw better results in a shorter period of time.

MonaRae

I found an all natural Biotin. It is made by Nature's Life and contains a wooping 8,000 mcg (or 8 mg) per capsule.

Thanks for all your suggestions!
MonaRae

EMJazzy

Happily retired
I take the Country Life biotin (preservative free vegetarian capsules) the one sold at Whole Foods.