HOTs, Oil Rinses, Ends/Scalp Sealing Challenge 5/1/11- 8/31/11

13StepsAhead

Co-washed with Joico Kpak conditioner then did an oil rinse with SM restorative elixir. I really need to start doing more oil rinses because my hair felt great and it was super easy to detangle.

greenandchic

Made a whipped shea butter with my new hand mixer:

Ingredients: Shea butter, cocoa butter, castor oil, coconut oil jojoba oil, sweet almond oil, vanilla extract

I kinda eyeballed the amounts, but its mostly shea and cocoa butter with the other oils as complements.

An_gell

Oiled my scalp with CG mixed greens on Wednesday night and moisturized with Oyin Dew and sealed with Shea-alma butter. Yesterday it was so freakin humid to the point where my uniform was stickin to me, and I was a sweaty sticky mess. I felt dirty and icky after work just wanted to wash everything. lol! I wanted to wash my hair, but instead I just did a light water rinse while showering and sealed my hair with some shea-alma butter. This Korean humidity is off da chain not to mention it's been rainin all week, ughhhhh.

winona

Oh no, what happened?? :(

greenandchic

I contacted the seller(via phone) in Jan because I did not receive some of the items that I requested in my order(see below). At this point I had already checked to ensure they had charged me for the products(they had). I was greeted with a rather rude customer service representative. Attitude was so stank off jump:ohwell: I explained to her my situation

[COLOR="Magenta"]Me "I have received my order and after completing inventory I noticed some item were missing". [/COLOR]

CS Rep "Have you checked the packing slip."

Me "There was not a packing slip in the box that I reieved so I used my order confirmation that I recieved via email.

CS Rep "Well policy has changed and you will not recieve a packing slip because we are going greener

Me "Okay cool so how am I suppose to check my order" At this point I am getting irritated because of the obvious ATTITUDE I was receiving and the fact that I felt like I was pulling information from her

CS Rep "Well you are SUPPOSE to go into your account"

Me Deep Breath (didnt say a word because I was on fire with this chick) Okay now I can speak "I need to request your name"

CS Rep "I dont have to tell you"

Me "Well do you have a customer service ID?"

CS Rep "I dont have to tell you"

Me "I need to speak with your manager"

CS Rep "She's busy"

Me "I will wait"

CS Rep "She cant speak with you"

Me "Okay what is her name so when I call back I can speak with her directly"

CS Rep "I dont have to give it to you"

Ya'll I just hung up and said every 4 letter word I could think of:look: I was pissed. In my job I have to deal with superiors that can get pretty stank so I was good for holding my tongue while on the phone but I was absolutely livid.

I contacted TexasNaturalSupply via email this is the email copy and pasted

"Good Afternoon,

Yesterday I recieved my most recent order from Texas Natural Supply. This order did not come with a package slip so I used the below email to complete my inventory. After the completion of my inventory I noticed that I was missing some items. I immediatley sent a an email to this address(supportTexasnaturalsupply.com). At 1:41 pm today I contacted Texas Natural Supply because I have recieved a response. At this time I was treated very disrepectfully on the phone when I called to inquire about my order with Texas Natural Supply. When I asked the young lady her name she refused to give it to me and indicated that she did not have to give me that information. She then refused to give me her managers name. She also refuse to let me speak to anyone else besides her after I informed her that she was being extremely disrepectful in tone and responses. I believe the treatment of customers that I endured today is absolutely unacceptable. I have been doing buisness with Texas Natural Supply since March 2009 and have spent over $1800 without any incident. I would like for a manager to call me regarding this blatant disrespect and unacceptable customer service treatment.

Winona"

This is the response I received

"These items were out of stock at time of filling your order. The amount was refunded to your payment source.

Back Orders/ Out of stock:
Out of stock
We attempt to make items that become out of stock to be unavailable to add to your cart as soon as possible. We do not guarantee that because you can add an item to your cart that it is inventory. Out of stock items in your order will be credited back to you via your payment method
We do not have the ability to notify customers that an item is back ordered.
If any item(s) are essential to your order please call to make certain they are in stock at the time of your order. We must get an email or phone call from you regarding this. Do not put this in the comments section of your order.
We will not cancel an order that is in process because of out of stock inventory.
Back Orders are done on a case by case basis. If we decide to make all or part of your order a back order we will notify you via email that an item is back ordered and when we expect the item to be shipped out. If an item is back ordered and you want to cancel that item you can reply to the email with that request. "

AND

I received a phone call from the manager who sided with the customer service rep and then said she knows who I am talking about and she might be having a bad day. She gave no indication that this situation would be handled.

I did receive a refund but that came days later. So how in the he!! would I have known what was to come days later. I would not have known that they switched to this "new" green policy (it began in Jan a few days before my order) because I was not notified of the change by their company. I explained this to the manager. She said "it would be kind of hypocritical of them to send out mailer stating that they are trying to reduce their global footprint" I told her "perhaps you could email your customers that requested email subscriptions" The manager "Well we dont want to bombard customer with emails" In mind "BULLSH*T you dont want to admit that someone dropped the d@mn ball

BTW I dont remember all this from memory I had to go and get my journal. Because I try to journal any extreme emotion it helps me to let go:grin: My mentor taught me this:)

Qty SKU Product Name Unit Price
1 CEAL Cetyl Alcohol
Unshipped

Size Options 32 oz (2 lbs) Net Wt $15.60
1 EMFW Wax - Emulsifying
Unshipped

Size Options 32 oz Net Wt (2 lbs) 0.9 kg $21.12
8 JPCHW70400 Jar - Plastic (Clear) Heavy Wall - 4 oz - 70/400
Unshipped

Quantity Discounts $0.58
1 CSA Cetyl-Stearyl Alcohol
Unshipped

Size Options 2 lbs (Net Wt) $13.20
1 ARRP Arrowroot Powder
Unshipped

Size Options 8 oz Net Wt (226.8 g) $2.80
1 GCA Glycolic Acid 70%
Unshipped

Size Options 11 oz Net Wt (311.8 g) (Fits in an 8 oz container) $24.75
1 LANO Lanolin (Semi-solid)
Unshipped

Size Options 15 oz $15.20
1 MENCR Menthol Crystals
Unshipped

Size Options 8 oz $21.96
1 SALA Salicylic Acid USP
Unshipped

Size Options 2 lbs $34.80
1 LEMGRA Lemongrass C/S
Unshipped

Size Options 8 oz $4.00
1 BASL Basil Leaf C/S
Unshipped

Size Options 8 oz $4.49
1 BLWLN Bay Leaves - Whole
Unshipped

Bay Leaves - Whole 8 oz Net Wt (226.8 g) $4.90
1 OREL Oregano Leaf C/S
Unshipped

Size Options 8 oz $4.86
1 PEPPL Peppermint Leaf C/S
Unshipped

Size Options 8 oz $3.80
1 SAGWIN Sage - White (Incense) Whole
Unshipped

Size Options 8 oz $11.16
1 THYLW Thyme Leaf - Whole
Unshipped

Size Options 8 oz $3.02
1 LEC Lecithin (Liquid)
Unshipped

Size Options 32 oz (Net Wt) $15.84
1 PSA Palm Stearic Acid
Unshipped

Size Options 80 oz (5 lbs) Net Wt. $11.52
1 AVOO Avocado Oil - Refined - Cosmetic Grade
Unshipped

Size Options 30 oz (Net Wt) $14.03
1 CAMP Camphor Powder (USP)
Unshipped

Size Options 8 oz $11.88
SubTotal: $243.57
Tax: $20.09
Shipping: $23.33
Handling: $0.00
Gift Wrap: $0.00
Grand Total: $286.99

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
winona

That's a Huge Order.:blush: I didn't care for that Company at all. I ordered from them once and never bothered to order from them again.:rolleyes:

I think their shipping is overpriced. And now that I know 'how they roll' I dislike them even more.:ohwell:

Thanks for Sharing.

hannan You need to see winona post.:yep:

winona

winona

That's a Huge Order.:blush: I didn't care for that Company at all. I ordered from them once and never bothered to order from them again.:rolleyes:

I think their shipping is overpriced. And now that I know 'how they roll' I dislike them even more.:ohwell:

Thanks for Sharing.

hannan You need to see winona post.:yep:

The order was rather large. I had to stock up on a few items because I make gifts for friends and family and I love to play in the kitchen. It keeps me from buying much of the items raved about on the board. I just make my own version and omit the things I know my hair doesnt like:) I am in Austin TX so the shipping wasnt too bad (They are based here). If I really wanted to avoid shipping I would just drive the 30mins to it pick up:) I try to be as factual as possible but with all reviews their is an essence of personal feelings involved.

Last edited:

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
winona

I hate Poor Customer Service. When I'm spending my Money.:rolleyes:

I agree. This type of treatment would have infuriated me to No End.:rolleyes:

Do you have a replacement company or do you plan to purchase from them again?:ohwell:

hannan

Thank you for posting that winona. I thought about ordering from them yesterday because of the 25% off but the shipping was ridiculous. If I still had an little bit of an inkling of even ordering, it's gone now. :nono:

winona

Yes Ma'am. I THOUGHT it was going to be lotioncrafters.com (check the review)

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=528037&highlight=lotioncrafters+and+winona

I have not had to replace much since this incident in Jan but I have loved the customer service from these places

I have been using From Nature With Love (only on sales though) They are pricer but great customer service

Elementsbathandbody.com

Wholesalesuppliesplus.com

The Herb Bar local to Austin TX

greenandchic

winona Thank you for posting your experience. I'm so sorry this happened to you. I was hoping to find a new supplier for raw materials, but I will pass on this one. :(

NappyNelle

Kinky Coily 4A, Fine Strands, WSL
Applied sulfur mix to scalp, moisturized twists with Oyin Juices & Berries, and sealed ends with castor oil.

Shay72

Natural, 4A
winona
I hate terrible customer service :nono:.One of my pet peeves is when a manager tries to explain away an employee's inappropriate behavior. She was dead wrong period. That definitely shows they tolerate that ish. No thank you.

Doing a HOT with gleau oil. Will rinse and follow with a cowash.

greenandchic

Last night I oiled my scalp with castor oil/Deity America Tibet Temple & Nape Penetrating Oil (gotta love hair color application bottles!) and sealed my ends with my homemade whipped shea butter.

JerriBlank

Hey Hair Hotties!

Have you all heard of this Company? They are going to have 30% off July 1st through 15th.

I'm thinking about trying their Oil. It sounds pretty good. I may also get the DC'er and the Green Tea Leave-In.

I will post the Code around the 1st.

http://tiivanaturals.com/

Thanks again for the rec! I got the hair oil. I was gonna get the dc,but nixed it after seeing a lukewarm review in yt. I can't wait!

JerriBlank

winona, that is just horrible! They were wrong from beginning to end. I am pissed for you. Thanks for posting about that. I will never give them my business!

An_gell

Last night I deep condition over night wit Joico Moisture Recovery and HV cocosta oil which i used help removed all shed hair before applying conditioner. Today, I washed with Wen Fig and used Kinky curly knot today as a leave-in. I haven't used my Wen in awhile and it left my hair super soft and frizz free. :)

Brownie518

I've been moisturizing with Isha Nourishing cream and sealing with Claudie's Montego Bay oil every day.

For my prepoo the other day, I used my mix of Amla, Garlic, and CoCasta oils.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Relaxing Today.....Used Pure Keratin Oil on Previously Relaxed Ends.

Will also use: Pure Argan and possibly Hydratherma Naturals Oils

allmundjoi

After a wash w/Bentonite clay and coconut milk, I deep conditioned with AOHSR w/EVOO. Oh yea. Hair was very soft. Then on damp hair (moisture), sealed with my whipped shea butter (also has aloe vera, various EO, castor, jojoba and coconut oil). My hair smelled great! I added flax seed gel to my hair and did flat twists. My FSG also has EO in it-thyme, rosemary, tea tree oil, and lavender.

I don't know why I waited so long to whip my shea butter.