2011- Be Grateful 4 Da Hair U Have

EllePixie

you are asleep if you think i was trying to be negative and harmful with my post
notice, im not attacking anyone for what they think of me
why? everyone is entitled to an opinion though it be wrong or right

Well an opinion can't be wrong or right...but when you express your opinion in the manner you did, in a public forum, it can rub people the wrong way - which is why you are getting these responses. If you are so aware you should realize the proper way to address people in order to get your point across in a logical manner.

Anywho, good luck with your hair.

illuminatiamerica

I'm sorry, all of this just rubbed me the wrong way. Not aimed directly at you OP because I don't know you, but you did help influence my feelings this evening #whylie.

I get so tired of pseudo-conscious, after reading a few articles I'm aware of the "struggle" and it is my job to inform the poor lost souls of my people, type of black people. I personally feel that as a black woman, one of my most beautiful physical attributes is my hair. SO WHAT?! Why does it have to mean that's all I care about? Why wouldn't I want to gain more information to enhance such a lovely feature? As with anything else in life, you sort the wheat from the chaff and use some f***** discretion with these product recommendations and practices!

what is pseudo-conscious?

Lita

meaning my opinion on black women- if you know you're not detached from real issues then my opinion should not affect you at all
glad im a black female posting this and not a man- i guess ya'll would have done him worse right?
now the medical issues, of course thats serious

for anyone who's interested, i would like to go to the Dept of Education with as many folks as possible to deal with the lies they are teaching our children in public schools (we can talk about it in another thread) and imm serious about that

We can talk about that in the off topic forum..

Happy Hair Growing!

illuminatiamerica

OP, I really feel your pain, I really do. all newbies must learn not to jump on all bandwagons and to use new products, supplements, and other things lightly. I do have a question for you. this sounds like you did Monistat and Chlorella out of desperation after you got the bald spot and those items did not 'give' you the bald spot. Is that correct? I'm only saying that since you said you never thought of growth aides until you needed one.

i posted this morning about all those products i bought this year. so this evening i thought, "maybe i should eat healthier and stop worrying about topicals" i found the chlorella thread, then i found the side effects thread. so that stopped me from purchasing it. look up the thread where a white lady posted here about neosporin, dry eyes and her doctors visit. i read that AFTER i put preparation h on my bald spot. and even though i have been researching history and trying to see what i can do to make a difference today, my focus is on hair and bald spots and growth aides also. i never exclude myself!!
so guess what, im included in the "all black women care about is hair" category also until we all wake up
and im not apologizing for saying that
doesnt mean im trying to point fingers at ya'll

Lita

Back to hair..

Do you wash you hair/dc daily/weekly?

Do you PS?

How often do you moisturize?

Do you eat well (diet)?

Just a few questions/answers LHCF can help you with..

Happy Hair Growing!

illuminatiamerica

ya'll know good and well you see alot of sisters with missing hairlines when you go out in public, and im not trying to be mother teresa, but i care about people, and i hope none of them venture online and make the mistakes i've made trying to "fix their bald spots"

ok, im going upstairs i've explained everything

illuminatiamerica

Well an opinion can't be wrong or right...but when you express your opinion in the manner you did, in a public forum, it can rub people the wrong way - which is why you are getting these responses. If you are so aware you should realize the proper way to address people in order to get your point across in a logical manner.

Anywho, good luck with your hair.

yeah thats why i said im glad for your comments because it helps me "grow"

LaFemmeNaturelle

i posted this morning about all those products i bought this year. so this evening i thought, "maybe i should eat healthier and stop worrying about topicals" i found the chlorella thread, then i found the side effects thread. so that stopped me from purchasing it. look up the thread where a white lady posted here about neosporin, dry eyes and her doctors visit. i read that AFTER i put preparation h on my bald spot. and even though i have been researching history and trying to see what i can do to make a difference today, my focus is on hair and bald spots and growth aides also. i never exclude myself!!
so guess what, im included in the "all black women care about is hair" category also until we all wake up
and im not apologizing for saying that
doesnt mean im trying to point fingers at ya'll

Why are you still generalizing but then say you're not pointing fingers?

BostonMaria

I used sulfur back in 2007 and got pimples the size of a newborn baby. I wish this thread existed back then. Maybe I would have used that money towards world peace or something.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

illuminatiamerica

Back to hair..

Do you wash you hair/dc daily/weekly?

Do you PS?

How often do you moisturize?

Do you eat well (diet)?

Just a few questions/answers LHCF can help you with..

Happy Hair Growing!

none of the above
you know my search started out on growth aides and not healthy hair
i never heard of a moisture treatment until i came online and started reading the boards
im so fed up with products that i dont even want to ask what i should purchase for DC or Moisture
i just want to leave it alone for about a month
ive been researching sebum and hair product builup blocking pores
cowashing buildup etc.
i left my hair alone before and it grew back

i do apologize if i seemed to attack ya'll, but thats how i look at us as a whole because i know we can do better. but then some of ya'll are good at this and maybe your missions are health and beauty and helping people with alopecia and better hair care

Last edited:

Lita

none of the above
i never heard of a moisture treatment until i came online and started reading the boards
im so fed up with products that i dont even want to ask what i should purchase for DC or Moisture
cowashing buildup etc.
my "career" is not about focusing on hair, and i feel totally out of balance for having to deal with this because its taking my attention away from my other missions in life

i do apologize if i seemed to attack ya'll, but thats how i look at us as a whole because i know we can do better. but then some of ya'll are smart, and maybe your missions are health and beauty and helping people with alopecia

I Understand & Well said....I do wish you the very BEST...

See you in the off topic forum..

Happy Hair Growing!

Last edited:

LaFemmeNaturelle

none of the above
cowashing buildup etc.
my "career" is not about focusing on hair, and i feel totally out of balance for having to deal with this because its taking my attention away from my other missions in life

i do apologize if i seemed to attack ya'll, but thats how i look at us as a whole because i know we can do better. but then some of ya'll are smart, and maybe your missions are health and beauty and helping people with alopecia

There you have it. Leave it alone, maybe wear wigs for a while if you want to cover the area up and then see what happens in a few months. May want to massage the area sometimes to stimulate it. I really hope your situation improves. Won't comment on the rest anymore.

SmilingElephant

Well OP....lemme riddle you this.

You have to give a hair product more time to really see what it does. 2 weeks is NOT enough:nono:....its just like meds....it takes at least a month befire they actually do something for your system.

You can't have growth or other positive results if you're not caring for your hair....like DC'ing, washing and such. It's just like caring for a plant....you gotta keep at it or it'll die. NOW....if you want to go the natural ingredient homemade route bc ur so concerned about the trillions of harmful ingreeds out there....you might wanna try that....hop on youtube and see how ppl MAKE their own products.

DO NOT come on a HAIR board and try to prove a point about us being out of touch with reality.....this is a HAIR board that you should be grateful that is even available. I am!!:yep: There are other forums out there for what you are aiming at.

iri9109

What could you have done for the *poor* black community with the money from these purchases?

WAIT.... didn't OP JUST post a thread about how she spent $1000 on hair products this year?
Hmmmm.... that prolly coulda fed at least 25 70cents/day infomercial kids.
I'm so done with this....
^^ LHCFBI strikes again...
its all good; i prefer for most of you not to agree with me
thats how i "grow"

anyway, i kept thinking of the "Tuskegee Experiment" when I read the Chlorella Thread :yep:

and the metal taste in my mouth was definitely from the Monistat and I also was feeling like i was floating and i would wake up at like 3,4 a.m. with rapid heartbeats using that stuff

hell no....

i dont see how they compare when ppl voluntarily take chlorella or use monistat...& im pretty sure there's warning labels on monistat about using it for reasons other than its intended use (your cooch:look:)...you voluntarily chose to use it, despite the possible side effects...that applies to everything.

no big deal
some of the comments are funny as h*ll but i was kinda serious
i've done some crazy stuff trying to get my hair to grow
reading hair boards for hours, trying to mix things
mixing too much EO's and getting dizzy having to call an ambulance earlier this year (really)
staring at my hair everyday, coming here reading ya'll posts, watching videos on youtube; when i damaged my scalp i was a teenager and didnt know what the heck the glue was really doing

so, again i say, just watch what you recommend because alot of us are novices and be grateful 4 da hair u have

what is ebonics? lmao
see the red bolded.

you came up in here trying to enlighten us and you dont know what ebonics are? oh, ok.:look:

Sweet_Ambrosia

Is everyone on LHCF on there monthly’s or something, for the last couple of days it’s been ‘interesting’. :look: :lol:
Good luck with your hair ~illuminatiamerica. ..it’s clear (at least to me) that you were venting out of frustration and pain, but the broad generalizations and assumptions could have been left on the back burner.

Irresistible

By the way OP, did you go to a Doctor and yes I will say straight out even though I don't know your reasons you do need to see a reg doctor AS WELL AS A dermatologist after some regular blood work is done FIRST , if you havent already-you can't save anyone till you save yourself-and if you havent seen a doctor there could be a simple medical explanation, one that is simple that NO topical anything is going to do squat for.

by the way there have been other posts here from members on Alopecia and some did get shots and grew their hair back-you can recover-you don't need to be to one extreme or the other on this

NaturalBoss

OP could have just called the thread "Help! I have a bald spot! What can I do?"....And then I would have replied and said leave it the f*** alone.

I've had a bald spot on the back of my head, for no reason at all. I hadn't used any growth aids, EO's or anything. This was in my early twenties when all I used was grease (and not on my scalp). I went to the dermotologist, he gave me a shot in my head, and the hair grew back in less than 2 weeks. Never had any more problems with that.

My edges were literally bald from tight braids. I admit, I tried a few growth aids (not Preparation H....I ain't that crazy). Nothing worked, so I left it alone. My edges look like a freakin' Chia pet now.

And after all that I'm still not blaming the man, or the ignorance of blacks for my loss of hair. S*** just happens.

CherieMarie

op came armed and ready with those print screens!?!

I do want to say that everything is NOT for everyone, esp healthwise. also I would like op to post the print screen of the poster that came in and said that thread saved her husband after he began taking it. I dont remember all of it as it was so long ago that I read it but dont just show the one side of something to prove your point. there are always two sides...

That was my husband, his hair and health is still thriving and it has been over a year. :) :yep:

s4pphir3

One mo' gin!

S4pphir3, I love your hair! :yep:

Deal with it, OP. *insert evil laugh here*

ETA: Someone gonna post in that other thread about my typo. :lol:

S4pphir3!
Get back here so we can oogle your tresses!
*NB shakes fist rapidly*

LMAO NaturalBeauty<3!!!

Let me thank ya'll now :thankyou: :bighug:
....before one of the mods shuts this thread down :lol:

GodivaChocolate

Didn't read the whole thread but Chlorella just didn't just come to light when LHCF started using it. It's been around for quite some time so there's no "conspiracy" with Chlorella. Some people can take it others can't. Like anything else educate yourself before jumping on a band wagon.

On a side note, the world and our communities will always have problems. Instead raining a dark cloud on a hair board full of people you don't know. Do your part, encourage others and keep it moving...you can lead a horse to water but you cant make it drink.

EbonyCPrincess

With all due respect to all the ladies here, I must say that some of you should be conscious of the fact that corporations are starting to make millions of dollars off of the "go natural" thing among black females with our hair, and not caring about your health but your dollars

If your hair doesnt look like mine, you should wake up everyday smiling, grateful for what you do have and focusing on something benefitting our community. Not being negative. Many of you are older than me, and all you care about is your hair. While our men are locked in prisons by the hundreds of thousands, children and teens having no culture, respect for life, respect for self, etc. All we care about is hair. Where are the Assata Shakur's and Frances Cress Welshing's of 2011? We should be ashamed. All we know is a growth aide and a new purse. :nono:

Peace....

1. The point about the natural hair product push has been made, discussed and pointed out time and time again....I think we all realize and are smart enough to decide where and what we chose to spend our money on.

2. Talkin bout be grateful for what you have, but you say if we don't have hair like YOU we should be happy?! And your tagline (typing your hair) indicates that YOU NEED TO BE MORE GRATEFUL FOR WHAT YOU HAVE. Don't worry about anybody else sweetie.

3. Your entire post could have made great points without sounding like you were ready to start a riot out in LA with a pick in your head, a fist in the air, and the attitude that the "man" is out to destroy all black women and we are letting "him". :perplexed

4. It all works together - spiritual, physical, emotional, financial inner and outer health. I personally don't think one is any more or less important to my overall well being and can handle taking care of them all.

Krullete

those essentials oils; its a scary thing right? i never thought about growth aides until i needed one so when i see women with beautiful heads of hair on here, i will say something like "all black women care about is their hair"
im looking at some of you like, is she crazy; look at her hair, what is she complaining about growth for, is that all they think about; why does the hair section get so many views but if i talk about the lies they're feeding us in school and church people will want to fight me and call me malcolmxina....

INTERPRETATION:
- "Your pain is not like my pain; why are YOU crying?"
- "I'm doing it wrong, and I'd rather blame you for the result than to take the time and effort to do it right."

That's what I'm reading, anyway. :perplexed