Dry and Itchy Scalp when new growth kicks in

Relentless

Reinventing
Okay. I am 4b relaxed. I have used Keracare (Orange) grease. I can't recall the name. It was too heavy and didn't work. I do use their Dry & Itchy scalp poo and conditioner. It does work.

I was just wondering if anyone can recommend a product to put on my new growth every other day when I'm stretching my relaxers, once my hair starts to become dry and itch.:ohwell:

Dijah

I use S Curl and seal. My winter seal is sunflower, jojoba, and extra virgin olive oil mixture. Summer my seal oil is EVCO.

bb09

For the scalp though, definitely take omega 3. And I tend to avoiding shampooing my scalp, or it gets painfully dry and itchy.

To moisturise your NG? I just made a thread on how to ensure you're getting product on the inside of your hair. So i'll let you know if i get responses. I don't want to be neglecting my NG!

n_vizion

I've got seborrheic dermatitis. This means I have dry itchy scalp at all times. Especially during stretches. I just wrote a post about using essential oils in a tiny little spray bottle that goes straight to the scalp. I do this a couple of times a week and it's made a huge difference in my flaking and shedding.

Chevelure618

I have that problem too when I start to get new growth at 3 weeks and the only cure for me is to wash my hair. It lasts no more than 3 or 4 days and then I wash again. Very little else works for me.

charmtreese

Once my NG kicks in, I throw in a mid week co-wash to keep my NG moist. I rarely get itchies so that's not an issue for me.

QBOE2001

back when I was relaxing i did a mid week co wash and a daily scalp massage with a 50/50 mix of tea tree oil and olive oil. That cured 90% of my itchies....particularly in the winter months when my scalp was exposed to the elements more. Hope that helps.