Please Help-- Bald Spot

flowinlocks

Sorry this has happpened to you. Was the hair loss related to damage from chemicals or alopecia? How long has it been like this? What have you tried so far?

yvette

I looked at your photo and your case seems pretty severe. I would recommend you see a dermatologist. If you are using ANY type of heat or chemical, I suggest you stop immediately.

flowinlocks

its from relaxers and glue over the course of 10 years
i am using emu oil

I suggest staying away from both of these (the glue forever):nono: I agree with seeing a dermatologist to access the extent of damage to the follicles. Meanwhile give it some tlc. Is the hair still breaking/coming out? If so you could try a protein treatment followed up with a moisturizing deep conditioner.

Also keep the existing hair moisturized to avoid further damage from dryness.

For styling I would go with a cute wig till you nurse it back to health.

Amber_moon

I dont have any tips to offer, only a hug and to go see your dermatologist as the other ladies have suggested.

((hugs)) I hope you get it figured out.

supermodelsonya

:luv2:

Yes please see a dermatologist.

Hugs to you!

I'm sure you'll be able to turn things around!!! Then you will be a testimony to others that are going through the same things.

Minty

Do you have any other information to give us besides glue and relaxers? I suppose what I'm saying is, this is not something you woke up to. Where you beginning to to see breakage and relax anyway, and the same with using glue? Do you go through periods of growth, then the hair falls out again? Have you been to a doctor?

If you don't answer here, I hope it is something that will help you think about if there is a pattern that you can see and work with to overcome this.

After you take that time, if you haven't seen a Dr. yet, it will definitely help to walk in with a timeline of the problem.

illuminatiamerica

i used the relaxers and glue up until 2007. the first time i had spots on my scalp was in 1997 after taking birth control. my hair grew completely in 2003 after having a child, but came back out after getting microbraids. i texturized in 2009 then i cut all my hair to the scalp in feb 2010. im using emu oil, peppermint and tea tree. a dermatologist will tell me what a book tells them to say. i KNOW what happened to my scalp, im just trying to find a solution to stimulate my follicles to grow hair.

imaccami

I would go to the doctor. You know what happened but you don't know if it's permanent. A doctor will be able to tell you that and will also be able to give you info on what medical treatments are available to you.

Stop relaxing and stop using glue. Don't put any tension on your scalp, that includes any kind of braids or weave. Hopefully your hair will grow back. Good luck :)

Minty

i used the relaxers and glue up until 2007. the first time i had spots on my scalp was in 1997 after taking birth control. my hair grew completely in 2003 after having a child, but came back out after getting microbraids. i texturized in 2009 then i cut all my hair to the scalp in feb 2010. im using emu oil, peppermint and tea tree. a dermatologist will tell me what a book tells them to say. i KNOW what happened to my scalp, im just trying to find a solution to stimulate my follicles to grow hair.

All of us have non-scientific and book knowledge about hair; however, very few, if any have specific knowledge regarding body systems, skin structure, follicle integrity, and info regarding a particular hormonal/health balance.

That speciality is a Trichologist.

I would say to search through a Trichology association and find one in your area. Also, there are numerous alopecia boards that also post local Dr. they've had success with - like our salon review threads. The trichologist would be able to work with your Dr./Dermatologist w/blood testing, and hair testing. I hope you are able to find a solution and your hair comes back better than ever :yep::yep:

In the meantime, I would suggest you keep a hair journal and be very specific about it including your diet, water intake and any vitamins/meds./supplements you take.

LaidBak

Clove oil helped me regrow the bald spot I had after too-tight weave. Pure clove oil massaged in twice a day.

virtuenow

I just started using a peppermint-jojoba oil mixture I made yesterday (after doing research on LHCF/web for growth mixes). You said u are using Emu oil...where do u find this? Since u just introduced me to it, I did a quick search and found this: http://www.hairloss-research.org/EmuOilfrontalregrowth.html.

Sounds like emu is one of the best oils for regrowth (interesting I didn't find it before(??)). Are u mixing it w/your peppermint oil. If so, what is the composition (ratio). I'm just curious- b/c I am also trying to stimulate growth in small problem area.

From your responses so far, it sounds like u think your hair loss is normal. However, from the looks of your picture, it looks like something more may be going on other than relaxer/glue problems...I've never seen anything like that.

illuminatiamerica

I just started using a peppermint-jojoba oil mixture I made yesterday (after doing research on LHCF/web for growth mixes). You said u are using Emu oil...where do u find this? Since u just introduced me to it, I did a quick search and found this: http://www.hairloss-research.org/EmuOilfrontalregrowth.html.

Sounds like emu is one of the best oils for regrowth (interesting I didn't find it before(??)). Are u mixing it w/your peppermint oil. If so, what is the composition (ratio). I'm just curious- b/c I am also trying to stimulate growth in small problem area.

From your responses so far, it sounds like u think your hair loss is normal. However, from the looks of your picture, it looks like something more may be going on other than relaxer/glue problems...I've never seen anything like that.

a doctor once told me that it looked like "yeast"
i have had progress in the area previously using mtg and using pine tar by b&b along with vitamins, its like everytime it grew back, i would slap some relaxer in it and start all over again. i used to yank the tracks out of my hair when they were glued in. i know its sounds crazy, but hey thats what idid :wallbash:
u live and learn..... the healthcare industry is in place for money and i already know why my hair fell out. i really posted this to see if anyone was ever successful in regrowing a trouble area.

imaccami

a doctor once told me that it looked like "yeast"
i have had progress in the area previously using mtg and using pine tar by b&b along with vitamins, its like everytime it grew back, i would slap some relaxer in it and start all over again. i used to yank the tracks out of my hair when they were glued in. i know its sounds crazy, but hey thats what idid :wallbash:
u live and learn..... the healthcare industry is in place for money and i already know why my hair fell out. i really posted this to see if anyone was ever successful in regrowing a trouble area.

How do you know you don't have an allergy to the relaxer or the glue? The doctor would be able to tell you that.

Do you plan to relax and use glue again if you're able to grow it back this time?

aquafinawetwet

what i suggest is keep the area clean and what you can do is get one of your fav oils like amla vatika or even olive oil in the pant-re and put it on the area and massage it for like 10-30 minutes a day and within 30 days you will see a big improvement i remember when my cousin got a relaxer burn and all the hair on her left side just fell out and she was completely bald we went to a burn victim site and they said basically that that area on your head isn't getting any blood flow to it so your gonna have to massage that area to get the blood flowing back too it

hope this helps

illuminatiamerica

what i suggest is keep the area clean and what you can do is get one of your fav oils like amla vatika or even olive oil in the pant-re and put it on the area and massage it for like 10-30 minutes a day and within 30 days you will see a big improvement i remember when my cousin got a relaxer burn and all the hair on her left side just fell out and she was completely bald we went to a burn victim site and they said basically that that area on your head isn't getting any blood flow to it so your gonna have to massage that area to get the blood flowing back too it

hope this helps

thanks and you know what, i've been massaging everyday and i noticed how tight certain areas on my scalp used to be. like the middle wouldnt budge when i massaged it. emu oil helps to loosen the scalp

LaidBak

thanks! do u remember where u purchased it and how long it took 2 see results?

I saw no hair for 2 and a half months before using it. After 3 weeks of using the clove oil the area had hair. I live in Turkey and my first bottle was given to me by my stylist. I bought my second at a local store. Its really cheap, I am sure you can find it online.

alshepp635

I saw no hair for 2 and a half months before using it. After 3 weeks of using the clove oil the area had hair. I live in Turkey and my first bottle was given to me by my stylist. I bought my second at a local store. Its really cheap, I am sure you can find it online.

Do you mix the clove oil with anything?

Vintageglam

I noticed earlier OP how you said that a Doctor said it might be yeast. Did he say anything else to justify this diagnosis? I think as has been mentioned before that its time to see a professional i.e. dermatologist or trichologist (with my preference being for the former as they are also trained Doctors).

You might also wish to look into anti-fungal shampoos such as Nizoral and T-gel as these are meant to help with fungal scalp infections. Whilst I am not an advocate of MN it might be the time for you to try MN given the gravity of the issue.

Finally I just wanted to say that I am also battling with hairloss as in the survivors thread and am also often at my wits end so just wanted to give you a hug and say keep your chin up.

Best of Luck

x Stella

Nonie

If it is fungus and you don't want to use a steroid cream like MN, you may consider using coconut oil mixed with the contents of a caprylic acid capsule. Caprylic acid is an antifungal substance made from coconuts. You can take it internally too. If it is fungus, it could be systemic which means you would have to go on an anti-candida diet as well to purge your system of the overgrowth.