Any LHCF members in high school/college??

NaturalPath

I'm 19. I go to University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. I am newly natural (as it says in my signature). I currently dont have a regimen set just yet since I'm not use to having all natural hair. I do love ApHogee, HE, JASON and VO5 products though.

And I actually think a good portion of LHCF is around college age. Hopefully they'll be a lot more people to add on to this roll call b/c I'm curious to see what school everyone goes. (ANY TAR HEELS???? GO HEELS!!!!)

NOOOOOO way

GO wolfpack :)

I think I still count:look:

I graduated from ncstate last December with a B.S in Biological sciences and a minor in health medicine and human values.

Im just chillin for a minute before I head of to national university of health sciences for a naturopathic doctorate degree.

When I head off I have no idea how I will be able to manage my hair :ohwell: especially with limited financial support from my parents. I guess I need to learn how to braid my own hair and most likly ill just keep it bunned up for 5 years:ohwell: that is pretty boring (hopefully by that time Ill be like thigh length or something due to he low manip)

oh yeah im 23

JuiceMobsta

:perplexedwhat's crosswrapping and how do you do it?i wanna try lace fronts but i cant do cornrows or flat twists so im trying to figure out how i would get my hair under the wig lol

Girl your hair is too long and pretty to be hiding it under a wig :yep:
But apparently it can be a good protective style soo:scratchch :scratchch

I saw this pic of a lace front on another forum and I love love love it and how she styled it! Soooooo cute:grin::grin::grin: Thats my goal with my natural hair...long curls :lick:

:love::love::love::love:

CurlTalk

I really thought I was the only one still in school up in here! I'm 16, hs junior--which is the most pain-in-the-butt year EVER:wallbash:

As for a regimen, I'm still working on that. Right now, I wash/DC weekly as consistently as I can and that's about it. Whenever I remember that I actually have jojoba oil, I massage my scalp with it. Crappy routine, I know, but like I said, I'm working on it.

Totally agree with the bolded; don't worry though: senior year, everything gets so much better!

Fhrizzball

I'm 22 and I go to O.D.U which finally got a football team after 69ish odd years...

I'm a gymrat now so my hair is constantly in PS. Right now it's twists.

shakenspirit

Girl your hair is too long and pretty to be hiding it under a wig :yep:
But apparently it can be a good protective style soo:scratchch :scratchch

I saw this pic of a lace front on another forum and I love love love it and how she styled it! Soooooo cute:grin::grin::grin: Thats my goal with my natural hair...long curls :lick:

:love::love::love::love:
lml thanks everyone is always yelling at me bcuz i have an obsession with weaves nd wigs lol

Curly Lee

I'm 19. I go to University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. I am newly natural (as it says in my signature). I currently dont have a regimen set just yet since I'm not use to having all natural hair. I do love ApHogee, HE, JASON and VO5 products though.

And I actually think a good portion of LHCF is around college age. Hopefully they'll be a lot more people to add on to this roll call b/c I'm curious to see what school everyone goes. (ANY TAR HEELS???? GO HEELS!!!!)

hmmmm I feel like I know you??? Maybe?? I know this isn't a coincidence, right!?? :look: lol
anywho's my regimen mainly consists of twistouts for the time being. I'm thinking of getting some braids but idk yet.

jasminestar

I'm 20, I go to college in NYC, but I'm looking to transfer out either next semester or the one after. I'm planning on heading southwest, I'm sick of NYC lol.
I'm natural. I hate having to deal with my hair, so it's always either in twists or braids. I cowash usually 2-3 times a week, and I moisturize and seal 2x a day. I redo twists every week and redo braids usually every other week.
I really want to wear my hair straight more, but I'm no good at flat ironing.
I don't have too many staple products, but I do like HE LTR.

mccray689

omg thought i was the only one. I'm 17 and I got to Lincoln High School in Tally, FL. I will be 1 year natural on May 29 and i'm very excited. I normally wear micros and take a 2 week break then wear some more micros lol.

silenttullip

smh don't feel bad they wouldn't let me buy a lottery ticket even with my i.d. talking about it's not real and I'm 24. It's amazing some of us can get into pg13 movies. But I'm sad cuz u taller than me *jumps up and down* I'm 5'2. Don't you hate when strangers wanna come and tell YOU how old you are lol

They wouldn't give me any darn samples at Sam's Club because you have to be 14....and i'm 5'6!!! I said um....wth? I'm 20!!

O-ren

smh don't feel bad they wouldn't let me buy a lottery ticket even with my i.d. talking about it's not real and I'm 24. It's amazing some of us can get into pg13 movies. But I'm sad cuz u taller than me *jumps up and down* I'm 5'2. Don't you hate when strangers wanna come and tell YOU how old you are lol

LOL I was at Wal-Mart about to buy an rated-R DVD and the cashier told me I needed my mama to get it for me. I was thinking "Wooooww. Okay." (Luckily, I was with her.)

ETA How do you ladies DC? That's the only thing missing from my regimen...

Last edited:

30something

I'm a college student! ... I'm so very sick of it, I'm a senior, I really cant stand it!! I go to a college that must not be mentioned in Long island

I'm err 20...something! But everyone thinks i'm 16, like literally, they always say 16.. not 17 or 15.. 16. I'm always the only one who gets carded. I'm cool with it, until an adult talks down to me as if i was a kid, I hate that :nono:

My regimen is simple.
Deep condition twice a week
Co wash at least once a week
Shampoo once a week
Moisturize 1-2 times a day
NO direct heat
I usually wear my hair in set style, like flexi rods, or braid outs.

My stable are Silicon mix, Tresemme products and Herbal essences long term relationship leave in. I like cheap good, and easy accessibility products. Salon brands don't seem to work any better for me.

Last edited:

preciouslove0x

Hey Precious love, if I apply for a job and get one at UNC Chapel Hill, will you befriend me? There are SO many positions in North Carolina but I don't know anyone in the state! I do have family in Virginia!

I'm a student, but an olllld one. I graduate this May. Ph.D. in Language and Literacy.

awesome and definitely! Im a newcomer in north carolina too though. i was born and raised in atlanta. so we would both be finding our way around here :drunk:

gcchick_07

hi

i'm a little new to this (been lurkin' for a while)

21. vanderbilt university

relaxed with about twoish inches of newgrowth. decided i'd try a transition.

currently i keep my hair flat ironed because i'm horrible at doing anything else. my rollersets are ponytail rollersets and i get those gaps...

i wash once a week with a non sulfate shampoo by alba. quick condition with anything just to detangle (suave). i dc with either silicon mix or redken butter treat. leave ins can either be ltr herbal essences or elasta qp mango butter. seal with a serum (anti breakage by organix or just castor oil).

i haven't really found my "staples" because sometimes i get lazy haha. i would like some suggestions tho. my relaxed hair seems to be thin and my natural seems to be super thick (but i've heard that can be "scab hair" so i don't know what to make of it). i'd just like to find something to do with the two textures :/

shakenspirit

So ladies: any cute prom hair ideas? I'm thinking a simple updo...
i hadnt even thought about it :lachen::lachen:im most likely going to WNG with a pomp in the front unless you guys have a better idea...girls don't straighten if your hair is anything like mine or else you're gonna look like you have a big black cotton ball on your head a the end of the night:nono:

drappedup

I saw someone else post this style in another thread yesteday, and ugh! I wish I had the length for it! :(

EDIT: DAMN, I messed that one up LOL. Fixed.

Last edited:

shakenspirit

ok i know i said i was gonna do a WNG for prom BUTTT omg i gotttaa have this style

BTW THATS THE FIRST TIME THE INSERT IMAGE THING EVER WORKED FOR ME LOL:lachen::lachen:

JuiceMobsta

ok i know i said i was gonna do a WNG for prom BUTTT omg i gotttaa have this style

BTW THATS THE FIRST TIME THE INSERT IMAGE THING EVER WORKED FOR ME LOL:lachen::lachen:

Lol you have to make sure that when you paste the code that you dont accidentally delete something else...such as the brackets :yep::yep::yep:

shakenspirit

Lol you have to make sure that when you paste the code that you dont accidentally delete something else...such as the brackets :yep::yep::yep:
i know the img /img thing has to be there but usually i get NOTHING at all no code just nothing and then i end up wanting to smash my pc lol:wallbash:

shakenspirit

I saw someone else post this style in another thread yesteday, and ugh! I wish I had the length for it! :(

EDIT: DAMN, I messed that one up LOL. Fixed.
that's so cute i wish but i do not have the face for it...i always look real plain and sometimes even weird when i wear my hair back like that:wallbash::wallbash:

SweetSpirit86

wow what a cool major!!i was gonna texlax but knowing my luck it would've ended up bone straight and i would've smacked someone :lachen:
Lmao! I was exactly what I was afraid of at first! Then I looked at my hair again and was like...:scratchch my hair is this super tight, coarse, 4a...relaxer will have to go to work anyways!:lachen:Sure enough, while I was smoothing, my hair still wasn't anywhere near straight, but I was liking the "hang" I was getting from my loosened curls...so I went and washed the relaxer out, lol. I'll post pics later. I'm being lazy and don't want to go get my camera from the other room. :drunk:

Im old as hell 24 this year..Im working on a 2nd BA in Interdisciplary Studies with concentration in HR and Communication..I gearing to get ready for law and business grad school..I wear wigs but it's Texas,I'm fat,and wigs and makeup equal icecream face.So I'm wearing a fro,puff,bun,and a afro puff phony poney.

@24 you're not allowed to say you're old!!! D: I'm right behind you!!:lachen:What is the focus of your first BA if you don't mind my asking? :grin: