January 29, 30 & 31....What are your hair plans???

SherylsTresses

:hiya: I'll be 26 weeks post this weekend. My hair plans are:

Clarify, Protein & Flat Iron:

1. Clarify with KeraCare 1st Lather
  2. Moisture shampoo Silicon Mix
  3. Protein treatment with Silicon Mix Proteina de Perla
  4. Detangle in shower
  5. Final rinse with Roux Porosity control for 1 minute
  6. Chi Keratin Mist, dollop size of silicon mix leave-in and Nexxus Heat Protexx
  7. Airdry
  8. Spray on more Nexxus Heat Protexx
  9. Flat iron with my trusty MaxiGlide using its steam feature of course
  10. Moisturize as needed with NTM silk touch
  11. Keep style using pincurls

What are your hair plans? :gorgeous:

Last edited:

Laela

Sidestepping the "lynch mob"
January 29, 30 & 31....What are your hair plans???
:wave: back....

Well my plan IS to do the following; hopefully I can actually do it, as part of the Braids Challenge :yep:

Deep condition; air dry; add braids

1. Shampoo with Deep Condition with Dr. Miracle's in 4 big plaits in shower, using Denman brush
  2. Air dry hair with big plaits
  3. Re-plait dried hair (to stretch), adding 100% unadulterated coconut oil to hair and ends
  4. Add braid extensions for single-braid or cornrow style; not sure how I want to style yet.
  5. Add braid spray for final finish

Prudent1

DC + steam, then braid out or twists into bun style:scratchch with some kind of hair accessories! :grin:

Diva_Esq

I love this weekly thread! Thanks for doing it, OP! :)

I am 39 weeks post on Saturday, and will be 9 months post exactly on Tuesday, February 2. :yay:

Plans--
Friday: Coconut oil scalp massage (hopefully my DH will do it). Overnight pre-poo on damp hair with heated concoction of coconut oil, EVOO, honey & HE HH con.

Saturday: Poo with Motions Clarifying Poo, Deep Con under the dryer for 30 mins with Yes to Carrots Mud Deep Con Mask & Mizani Scalp Tonic Treatment. Wet bun with HE TT con.

Sunday: Co-wash with Yes to Carrots & wet bun with HE TT con.

Back to the bun for a while!

Tee

Okay, I have NO hairplans this weekend. I just had my hair done Monday. So I won't even wash it until Monday. I will moisturize daily though. :look:

Ummm Sherly...You want to flat iron mine next week!! :giggle:

taz007

I am going to wash my hair and attempt to do 6-7 corn rows. I may leave them in for a few days and then do a braid out.

dlewis

I think it's time for a deep condition.

I plan to DC, wash and HOT. Im thinking about blow drying, flat iron and put indiviual twists in my hair. I wonder how that would go over in the work place?

wannabelong

I'm 14 weeks post. I'm going to do a protein treatment, follow up with a moisturizing DC, shampoo and bun for 2 weeks.

Chaosbutterfly

Transition Over
This thread is always so much fun. :yep:

I'll be 6 weeks post on Monday, and this Sunday, I will:

1. Do treatment on scalp with Bentonite clay and small amounts of amla oil, almond oil, and coconut oil.
2. Use Aphogee 2-Minute for 20 minutes with heat.
3. Steam for 45 minutes with Nexxus Humectress, Honey, and Castor Oil. The Nexxus is almost gone, so if I don't have enough for my whole head, I'll probably put Silicon Mix too.
4. Do final rinse with cold water and Porosity Control for one minute.
5. Detangle with HE LTR Leave-In.
6. Rollerset with water, Chi Silk Infusion, Fantasia IC Heat Protectant, and a little Vatika Oil.
7. Lightly moisturize with QB OHHB and silk wrap.
8. Flat iron roots on 280 degrees.

Last edited:
I can't wait for the weekend! I'm in the Weave Challenge and have had my hair weaved up for the last 3 weeks. That's a big deal for me....I plan on taking it down this weekend! I'm also changing my regimine to include a DC prior to washing. This will be my first time trying this out. Then I'll wet/damp bun until dry (it will probably take all day to dry) and cornrow Sunday night.

BostonMaria

Hey Sheryl!
How's the transition going?

Well I already washed, dc'd with the steamer and rollerset my hair yesterday so my only plans for the weekend is to continue bunning. I will most likely apply avocado oil to my hair before going to bed. My plans are boring!

Toy

On Saturday,

I will be conditioning wash/deep conditioning with Pantene Relaxed & Natural deep conditioning Mask & Wen Fig under a heat cap for about an Hour.

Then Moisturize with s-curl,Proline softner Moisturizer,Hairveda Whipped Ends

Seal with Palm Oil (love this stuff makes my hair very soft)

Airdry Hanging Down.

Whimsy

Hi ladies! Good Plans!

I was going to get my hair cut and colored this Friday, but I fear it's in too rough shape to handle a color right now. Soo... I'm going to deep condition on Friday with the mayo stuff I bought, braid or bun it up (i'm toying with the idea of doing a wet set bantuknot out video for youtube on saturday), and deep condition again on Sunday with some olive oil dc. Super moisturizing! and then I'll let it airdry in some braids, and maxiglide it straight on Sunday night since I'll need it straight for my auditions/shoots next week.

jerseygurl

Not a new member
Protein Treatment with Aphogee 2 Step Treatment and DC for as long as my hair can take it.
Rollerset or flexirod set

TaraDyan

Natural again ... this time for good!
Saturday Night:
Protein treatment (Aphogee 2-minute)
Deep conditioning treatment (Kenra MC under the steamer)
Curlformers (airdry overnight)

Sunday Night:
Flatiron with Maxiglide
Major hair cut (probably 2 or 3 inches)

This weekend will be the first time ever that I will cut my hair myself. I've been researching how to self trim for 2 weeks straight (consulting several youtube videos, articles, blogs, etc.). If all goes well, I will truly be a DYIer from now on.

BlaqBella

I just picked up some beanie caps and plan to rock those for the weekend if i go anywhere. But i will be dcing bfore going back to work Mon. (state of em. weather here in OK) so... no big plans for cabin fever days.(thurs.-sun.)

BlaqBella

Actually bfore i found out the job was closed down til' Mon. i started getting ready for work today...here are some pics of my weekend do.

Moni at Home 296.jpg

Moni at Home 297.jpg

Moni at Home 298.jpg

Moni at Home 299.jpg

ETA: Excuse the bad lighting iwill update if i do smthin' different.

Last edited:

KinkyGenius

January 31st

1. Pre-poo with Aubrey Organics GPB Conditioner and Avalon Organics Biotin B-Complex Thickening Conditioner. Let sit for about 30 minutes; no heat.

2. Rinse, then do an oil rinse in the shower to help with detangling.

3. DC with L'Occitane Aromachologie Repairing Mask mixed with a little of my Elucence Moisture Balancing Conditioner, a vial of Biolage Hydratherapie Cera Repair Pro 4 and avocado oil. Let sit an hr; with heat.

4. Rinse. Apply leave-ins which is ApHOGEE Keratin & Green Tea Restructurizer, a few sprays of Biolage Leave-in Moisturizing Tonic and HE LTR Leave-In on my ends.

5. Airdry 75% of the way and then blow dry on cool.
**I might do a rollerset and stop being so damn lazy**

6. Flat iron using my beloved Sedu and Nioxin Bliss Thermal Heat Protectant

7. Flexirod at night

Last edited:

grow

since i have a relaxing fri and sat, i plan to:

fri:
apply a mix of coconut milk, aloe vera and molasses generously to my scalp and hair
and leave it on for hours

i'll rinse that out with water for quite a while....i.e. i will literally sit under the shower

once that's out and my hair and scalp has air dryed, i'll apply my cayenne pepper mix (cayenne pepper, fenugreek seeds, seasame seeds, garlic cloves, horsetail leaves, rosemary leaves which was boiled and strained with almond&olive oil and water) to my scalp and over that, once it is dry, i put my bco mix (bco, emu oil, amla oil, essential oils of lavender, mint, thyme, cedarwood, tea tree, rosemary, ylang-ylang) all over my hair and scalp.

i'll sleep in a plastic cap and scarf, then

sat:

i'll apply my amla, brahmi and skikakai powders mixed in rosemary water to my oiled hair and scalp

that will stay on for 30 min, then

i'll co wash with a moisturizing condish mask (sebastian)

co wash with a volumizing condish (alterna)

do a final rinse with a pc condish (vitale), acv, rosemary water and horsetail water
(the waters will be ice cold as i keep them in the refrigerator until jumping in the shower)

after that, i'll put the joico restructure spray on and wrap my hair to air dry it, and i'm done!

CurliDiva

Why I'm I all excited about my weekend hair plans! :spinning: This really feels like ME spa time.....

I intend to take out my braids (which have been in for 4 weeks) and carefully detangle.

Pre-poo w/ Amla oil, do a indian powder treatment (not sure about the mix yet) and shampoo (w/arirtha).

Deep condition w/ steam treatment. I alway want to do a molasse treatment.

Play in my hair some :drunk: - and then re-braid for the next 4 weeks. This monthly braiding and wig regimen has thicken up my length.

JJamiah

This week I am doing a Pre-Relaxer Treatment. I am clarifying, washing my hair with Aphogee Shampoo for damaged hair, Aphogee 2 step, Porosity control mixed with Balancing moisturizer. Air Dry!

sqzbly1908

I plan on relaxing (prematurely) next week...event coming up - so.....

On Sunday - I will be doing the Aphogee two-step treatment - follow up with Loreal Mega Moisture - and then using silicon mix (for about a minute) for extra extra slip...

The using my PM Super Strong Liquid Treatment,Aphogee Green Tea/Keratin OR Joico Liquid Reconstrutor

Kerastase Leave In and lil' lottabody - Rollerset..call it a day!

Plan on relaxing/coloring on Wednesday...

JJamiah

I plan on relaxing (prematurely) next week...event coming up - so.....

On Sunday - I will be doing the Aphogee two-step treatment - follow up with Loreal Mega Moisture - and then using silicon mix (for about a minute) for extra extra slip...

The using my PM Super Strong Liquid Treatment,Aphogee Green Tea/Keratin OR Joico Liquid Reconstrutor

Kerastase Leave In and lil' lottabody - Rollerset..call it a day!

Plan on relaxing/coloring on Wednesday...

I will be relaxing as well next week Saturday.

~*~ShopAholic~*~

*I'll be DCing only (not sure with what but something moisturizing)
*Rinse with Roux PC
*following up with VS So Sexy conditioner for the scent
*Leave in's
*Rollerset/Silk Wrap treatment for 15 min.

Tee

Hi ladies! Good Plans!

I was going to get my hair cut and colored this Friday, but I fear it's in too rough shape to handle a color right now. Soo... I'm going to deep condition on Friday with the mayo stuff I bought, braid or bun it up (i'm toying with the idea of doing a wet set bantuknot out video for youtube on saturday), and deep condition again on Sunday with some olive oil dc. Super moisturizing! and then I'll let it airdry in some braids, and maxiglide it straight on Sunday night since I'll need it straight for my auditions/shoots next week.
Why are you cutting again Whimsy??

Imani

I'm 30 weeks post relaxer. Still transitioning for now. I"m going to the salon tommorrow for my weekly flat iron, they use mostly design essentials products on my hair and will most likely sit me under the steamer with some moisturizing conditioner.

I plan on buying some of that ultra thick hair shake stuff from the vitamin store. or if i chicken out I will just get some of my regular multi vitamins and biotin and start back taking those. actually my regular vits are made by the same company that makes the ultra thick hair shake stuff. I usually can see a difference if I am consistent with vitamins over a period of time. consistency is the key and the hard part.

I"m also looking for some kinky hair pieces so I can pull my hair back during the week into a bun or ponytail or something (my real hair is short)