PDA

View Full Version : RAVE....SPANX...no panty lines only smoothness

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

chiprecious
07-06-2006, 09:12 AM
Ladies, I'm a relatively thin woman (5;7" 147 lbs), but like most, my thighs aren't completly smooth. Plus, I HATE panty lines. But I love me some light pants/capris and tight dresses. So someone suggested I try SPANX. They are the best ever. You get no pantylines, no rolls around the tummy, and smoooth looking thighs under your clothes. They are sold at Nordstrom for about $20/$30, which is to expensive for me. SO I've found them at the Nordstrom Rack for $10 or on ebay.

Just wanted to share.

gn1g
07-06-2006, 09:48 AM
I heard Tyra talk about these yesterday. I want some too.

KathyMay
07-06-2006, 09:54 AM
I live by my Spanx Power Panties. It gives you a completely different appearance especailly if you have body, I have too much so it holds everything in

jadestar
07-21-2006, 11:57 PM
If you have meaty thighs, can you see an indentation through your pants (making it evident that you're wearing a shaper)? :cool:

JamericanGurl
07-22-2006, 09:19 AM
I been wearing Spanx for years. They ship my fat quite nicely!:lachen:

newslady
07-22-2006, 10:24 AM
my girls were raving about this @ lunch the other day.
i heard there are versions @ target and walgreens - gotta check those out!

tal
07-23-2006, 07:02 AM
Okay, are you able to see the line of demarcation between the spanx and your pantyhose around your waist?

MzPrince
07-31-2006, 06:15 PM
yah for spanx. Have on my first pair of footless today and it has served it's purpose well.

PatTodd
07-31-2006, 07:19 PM
co-signing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I just had a baby and these (footless/capri style) have made white/light pants possible for me!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i wear a cheapie version from sears called shapeez though.

comike
07-31-2006, 07:56 PM
Okay, are you able to see the line of demarcation between the spanx and your pantyhose around your waist?

Did you mean Spanx and panties? I've never seen any lines...no visible panties lines at all. I have the Power Panties and the Footless. They're even comfortable in the summer months.

comike
07-31-2006, 08:02 PM
my girls were raving about this @ lunch the other day.
i heard there are versions @ target and walgreens - gotta check those out!

Yeah. The maker of Spanx, Sara Blakely, also has a line of less expensive shapers called Assets at Target (my favorite store). Not sure about Walgreens.

MizAvalon
08-01-2006, 02:53 AM
I've been wanting to try Spanx for quite some time. Even more so recently since I heard Jessica Alba say that Spanx hides all her "lumps and bumps"!:lol:

The Spanx really can't be seen under very tight pants or dresses though?

gn1g
08-01-2006, 08:12 AM
I have the spanx and they body shapers. I prefer the body shapers because they have a "LIFTER" in them.

happyyogi
08-01-2006, 09:23 AM
I have a pair of the Spanx! I LOOOOOVE them! They hide everything!!! I had mine on the other day at church and folks were like "girl, you have lost weight!" I was just grinning away over my lil secret. I got my sister a pair also. She too is very happy with them. They are tight when you first put em on...but they soon loosen up! GO GET EM!

jadestar
08-01-2006, 12:12 PM
OK, will someone with some fat legs and/or a fat belly please verify for me whether or not spanx cuts into the legs and belly. I would like to get some, but I want to be sure that, as another poster mentioned, there will not be a visible line of demarcation. Thanks ;)

comike
08-01-2006, 05:32 PM
OK, will someone with some fat legs and/or a fat belly please verify for me whether or not spanx cuts into the legs and belly. I would like to get some, but I want to be sure that, as another poster mentioned, there will not be a visible line of demarcation. Thanks ;)

They do not....my mother is a size 18, 20 and wears them and finds them much more comfortable than wearing a girdle. She wears the Footless, not the power panties, with long skirts and pants.

comike
08-01-2006, 05:36 PM
I've been wanting to try Spanx for quite some time. Even more so recently since I heard Jessica Alba say that Spanx hides all her "lumps and bumps"!:lol:

The Spanx really can't be seen under very tight pants or dresses though?

No....think of it like wearing control top pantyhose minus the feet. That's pretty much the weight and consistency of Spanx. As a matter of fact, until I heard of Spanx a few years ago, I'd cut off the feet in my pantyhose in the summer to wear them with light colored pants so you wouldn't see a pantyline. I'd advise you to get the flesh tone if you are wearing white or cream pants or a light colored dress. I wear black with dark colors.

lkg4healthyhair
08-02-2006, 12:52 PM
Love my Spanx. They smooth out my booty and thighs when I wear wrap dresses or tan pants/skirts which should everything.

You can also wear the capri kind as leggins

Sunshine_One
08-02-2006, 03:11 PM
I like the SPANX HIGHER POWER they also smooth and flatten the midriff area.

http://www.barenecessities.com/product.asp?pf_id=Spanx032&source=eMSNProduct&term=Spanx032&acode=&cm_mmc=MSNS-_-Shapewear-_-Spanx032-_-NA

newslady
08-02-2006, 04:05 PM
where's the best place to get SPANX - valuewise???