PDA

View Full Version : Accesories

madamdot
07-04-2006, 10:50 AM
I need some help. I have been neglecting myself in the last few years - school will do that to you. But I am done in two weeks and I am looking forward to start dressing up and looking more feminine. I have clothes - though I am always willing to get more :D but I dont have any accessories.

I dont know where to buy them, and I dont know how to use them . . . like earrings and necklaces and bracelets especially the last two.

I wear the same box gold chain and rings everyday (school ring). I have a few earrings but I would like to get some more.

I have golden undertone so silver doesnt look good on me anymore.

But I see these women in those long beaded necklaces etc and they look so cute, I just dont know where to get them or how to use them.

Any suggestions?

klassykutie
07-04-2006, 02:30 PM
I think there is already a thread on this. That might be more help to you.

But, anyways, if you have gold undertones, then of course gold will look great on you. But I wouldn't eliminate silver, there are some silver pieces that incorporate different colors in them to compliment you.

I don't know where the other ladies get their accessories, but I find alot of the cute, long necklaces from Express. And I catch them on sale in department stores like Nordstroms. Depends really on what you have to spend.

Belle Du Jour
07-04-2006, 03:37 PM
Don't sleep on JC Penny's for cute "baubles." I find some cute jewelry everytime I go. Plus, they have the "basics" like pearls.

anatomicallycorrect
07-04-2006, 05:36 PM
I get jewelry wearing ideas from looking at the weekly tabloid mags: Star, OK!, Life and Style, In Touch, etc. It shows you how to wear pieces together and what clothes to wear them with. Also, don't underestimate the power of Walmart--yes, Walmrt. I sometimes find some cute pieces (as I did last week--see mythread on making a long chain like Beyonce's) there.

Also, I'd say go for quality, but know that quality doesn't always = more expensive. By quality, I simply mean, something that doesn't *look* cheap. It can be cheap, be made w/cheap materials, cost cheap but you don't want to ge tit if it looks cheap.

SweetCaramel1
07-07-2006, 03:09 PM
go to the thread accessorizing for dummies

CLASSYEBONYGIRL
07-08-2006, 10:54 AM
I just discovered H&M accessories last week. I was like a kid in a candy store. They were so cute, affordable and durable. I also used to purchase my accessories at Walmart when I lived in Fl.

crlsweetie912
07-11-2006, 10:36 AM
Don't sleep on JC Penny's for cute "baubles." I find some cute jewelry everytime I go. Plus, they have the "basics" like pearls.

JCPenney's is the truth. Especially for necklaces and bracelets. And they are always on sale! Don't sleep!!!!!

amy1234
07-13-2006, 09:57 AM
My favorite places to shop for accessories are H&M and Costa Blanca (may not be in US though)