PDA

View Full Version : NY fashion people, what fashion jean brands are now in season?

so1913
07-04-2006, 10:06 AM
I need to go jean shopping. What are the popular name brand fashion jeans "in" right now?

I heard True Religion is popular...I know Sevens were a few years ago and not as popular, fashion mogals what's up?

JLove74
07-04-2006, 10:11 AM
Rock & Republic - for the long lean look, pants tend to run long and snug
Joes - Honey fit are the best all around
Serfontaine - love the stitching
True Religion - I like them, but the ones with minimal distressing
Paige Premium Denim - I like the laural canyon fit

ETA: I forgot to mention, Marc Jacobs has these really nice trouser denim, dark, slightly flared and with a cuff. Nice enough for casual Friday at the office

JamericanGurl
07-04-2006, 10:18 AM
Antik
Chip & Pepper Skinny Jeans

All the others mentioned as well!

seeminglysweet
07-04-2006, 10:25 AM
J-Brand
Frankie B
Yanuk
Citizens of Humanity
Sacred Blue
Paper Denim & Cloth
Tsubi
Taverniti

so1913
07-04-2006, 11:07 AM
Thanks ladies!!!!

VelvetRain
07-04-2006, 01:40 PM
I agree with what all the ladies had to say. Here is a breakdown on fitting for some of those brands

http://www.gkfa.com/taste_and_style/wear_it_with_style/basics/Jean_Fit_Guide.asp

I honestly think seven for all mankind is so overated. I like Paige Denim

SplashAtl
07-05-2006, 01:30 PM
I agree with what all the ladies had to say. Here is a breakdown on fitting for some of those brands

http://www.gkfa.com/taste_and_style/wear_it_with_style/basics/Jean_Fit_Guide.asp

I honestly think seven for all mankind is so overated. I like Paige Denim

This is exactly what I needed. Thanks!! It mentioned that a lot of fake jeans are on eBay. I wonder if the fake jeans really look fake, or are they pretty close to the real jeans.

seeminglysweet
07-05-2006, 02:01 PM
They look fake in terms of the wash and fit.

They feel fake due to the low quality denim. A lot of fakes are very good and it would take a trained eye to spot them. Some fakes even end up in department stores because of customers swapping them. Sales assoc. usually have no clue what they are looking at.