PDA

View Full Version : Creating an arch

gn1g
07-04-2006, 08:34 AM
About 4 years ago I purchased a pair of Birkenstock shoes to help support the arches in my feet. The shoes did a beautiful job at creating a deeper arch in my feet and shaping my legs. These shoes have a countoured insole and were painful to wear for about a month.

My daughter needs a shoe that will do the same thing for her feet, but she refuses to wear such an ugly shoe. http://www.birkenstockusa.com/c/productSearch.py?manager=Research&brand=100&sub_sandals=Yes&selection=women:lol:

Do you know of any other shoes that claim to do what Birkenstock shoes do that are a bit more stylish?

JLove74
07-04-2006, 08:46 AM
* Comfort One shoes has a great selection of "good for your feet" shoes, some stylish, some not so...
http://www.comfortoneshoes.com/

or better yet: order the insoles from Birkenstock and insert into her favorite or new shoes: http://www.birkenstockusa.com/styles/10001/manager=ProdDisplay&brand=100&sub_insolesArchSupports=Yes&user_id=0&store_id=0&page=0&cat=ins

jadestar
07-22-2006, 12:06 AM
Wow! I didn't know that Birkenstocks did all that! I'll have tio invest in a pair.

Chinagem
07-22-2006, 11:26 AM
So THAT'S why my feet hurt me so darn much when I wore my Birkenstocks!? I never knew that. I just bought them b/c they were in style and I liked the way they looked. My feet hurt so much from wearing them that my bf had to give me a massage every day at the end of the day. I can't say if I noticed a difference in my arch tho since I didn't pay attention to that. I have extremely flat "flinstone" feet.

Leslie_C
07-22-2006, 01:06 PM
So THAT'S why my feet hurt me so darn much when I wore my Birkenstocks!? I never knew that. I just bought them b/c they were in style and I liked the way they looked. My feet hurt so much from wearing them that my bf had to give me a massage every day at the end of the day. I can't say if I noticed a difference in my arch tho since I didn't pay attention to that. I have extremely flat "flinstone" feet.

me too man! :lol: I look like a duck walkin around...lol.

Brinasia
07-22-2006, 02:45 PM
Did those shoes really do all of that..Anyone else had this experience....?

RainbowCurls
07-22-2006, 03:29 PM
Hmm... interesting. I may have to invest in some birkenstocks to wear around the house. They are pretty ugly though! IMO.
My feet are quite flat and hurt when I wear most heeled shoes.
I think it happened when I went to university and started wearing only trainers. I used to be able to wear most shoes before that.

sky_blu
07-22-2006, 05:06 PM
I was just wondering if you could do this. Im trying to step my shoe game up but walking in heels with flat feet is just about impossible.

Leslie_C
07-22-2006, 05:11 PM
I was just wondering if you could do this. Im trying to step my shoe game up but walking in heels with flat feet is just about impossible.

Right??? I just recently figured out THAT is the reason why other chics I know can wear heels all day but Im crying like a little B* if I have to walk around more than half an hour in them...lol. Basically the only place I can wear heels is out to eat (sitting), to the movies (sitting), etc.....sometimes I will wear them out to a club or whatever but I just have to bite the bullet and suffer....after a few drinks I dont notice too bad but there have been times I have kicked my shoes off on the way to the car it was so bad...lol. You KNOW my feet had to be hurting if Im willing to walk a block or more or thru a parking lot barefooted...lol:lol:

RainbowCurls
07-22-2006, 05:15 PM
I read on a website somewhere that if your arch lies in a different place from the 'usual' place for your shoe size, this can cause pain.
I thought this might be a problem for me (as well as the flat feet). I have 1 pair of heels that fit perfectly and are sooo comfy but others the same height that kill my feet.

(Will try and find the link...)

ETA: I avoid heels when any serious walking/standing will be involved. Unless It's sunny and I think "ooh, I'll wear these wedges today, they look comfy". Then later, I realise they're not.
I agree that alcohol numbs the pain ;)