PDA

View Full Version : What age does style come?

seeminglysweet
07-03-2006, 08:22 AM
At what age did you develop your pesonal sense of style?

How would others describe it?

I think I was about 22 when I was able to execute my sense of style, because I had gotten a job where I could pay my bills AND shop :yay:

I would describe my style as casual chic, clean lines and lots of color. My aunt describes me as Carrie Bradshaw because I "wear things that don't match but it looks good on you"...I ddin't know whether to be upset that I "didn't match" or to be flattered that I was as stylish as the famed Carrie Bradshaw :ohwell:

So how about you?

SweetCaramel1
07-07-2006, 03:14 PM
i would say at about 26-27. it took awhile since i had to wear a uniform throughout high school and never really got into to fashion or shopping until later.

i would say my style is bad girl meats joan cleaver :lol: i can turn it on or off depending upon the occasion.

JLove74
07-07-2006, 06:59 PM
it came for me when I got my first job after leaving the Air Force. I was about 24, got a job at a law firm as a paralegal. My mom helped me pick out the basics - nice black, brown and navy suits (skirt & pants w/jacket), a crisp white shirt and some printed shirts and a couple good pair of shoes that I could interchange with the suits. I got some accessories to top it off and this has been my way of dressing for work. I prefer classic looks. Some of my co workers called me the black Jackie-O.:lol:

remnant
07-09-2006, 05:26 PM
At what age did you develop your pesonal sense of style?

How would others describe it?

I think I was about 22 when I was able to execute my sense of style, because I had gotten a job where I could pay my bills AND shop :yay:

I would describe my style as casual chic, clean lines and lots of color. My aunt describes me as Carrie Bradshaw because I "wear things that don't match but it looks good on you"...I ddin't know whether to be upset that I "didn't match" or to be flattered that I was as stylish as the famed Carrie Bradshaw :ohwell:

So how about you?

I develop my personal style at about 30 (very late) because I separeted myself from my mother's HEAVY INFLUENCE!

I think I can describe myself as casual and feminine (girlie?)!

sky_blu
07-09-2006, 05:33 PM
Still waiting on it. I hope it catches up soon :ohwell:

planodiva
07-13-2006, 10:45 PM
I have always been stylish (even when I had to wear the white girls from Target). I developed my sense of style in about the third grade when I would play in my closet and have the cutest dresses ever.

I've always been a girlie girl and all my aunts dress to kill so naturally so do I. My style is timeless classic

I was the girl in Jr. High and Highschool whose closet you coveted.

sweetascocoa
07-16-2006, 01:10 PM
i have stylish clothes but never wear them. they're all hanging with tags on them. the sheos are in a luggage. they're waiting for me to get away from my beloved polos, t-shirts and jeans :)

im guessing when i get an office job or something....ill start wearing those clothes