PDA

View Full Version : Luella Bartley for Target

JamericanGurl
01-18-2006, 03:32 PM
luella at that chic french store...
>> You know, Target. Yes, that's right, since today we're speaking about designers at discount prices, Luella Bartley is doing a line for Target that will kick off in February. Everything about the collection has been off the record, on the QT, and very hush-hush, but lucky for us, The Daily's spy scooped up some dish:

My favorites were citrus-colored skintight jeans, like stovepipe jeans, and they had Luella heart embroidered pockets on the back, really cute. Bright Hello Kitty-colored fitted polo shirts with the little Luella crest on the breast, black and white striped denim jackets with denim skirt, but it’s a really thick hand-painted stripe, and the skirt was mini.

There were amazing high-waisted little bubble skirts, really crazy, they sit right on the waist and they’re like only 13 inches, very small, bright colors and a really wide waist band with belt loops shaped with little arrows, gathered around the waist and puffed out. It was very YSL from Stefano Pilati’s first collection.

I also liked the little checked short-sleeve puff blouses with big bow collars; you tie them to make a bow at the neck, they were sweet. A leather jacket for $120 was the most expensive piece, and the cheapest piece is like $16…I don’t know what it was, maybe those little polos.

As for accessories, she did little tote bags with cherries on them, and little pencil case bags with cherries or apples. I know she uses apples a lot, but she was really into cherries this time.

But the thing most like her runway collection were these amazing black and white striped sequined tank tops, like fully sequined in thick stripes, just like from her last collection when she did a dress like that for the runway.

Oh, and there were two prom dresses, little taffeta side-ruched prom dresses with a side bow across the bust.

It was a really short collection, maybe 10 looks, but I loved it.

http://www.fashionologie.com/photos/luella_for_target/suspenders_007.jpg
http://www.fashionologie.com/photos/luella_for_target/suspenders_001.jpg

Belle Du Jour
01-18-2006, 08:47 PM
I really like that 4th look on the right in the first row: the tan trench-y dress.

Man, I am not ashamed to say Target is my store! Today, I found a 100% silk scarf and a lovely shawl for like $7 each. Recently, I got black velvet and army green military style jackets for under $15, a teal-gray blazer for under $7. Target is GREAT if you're on a budget. (The Target close to me is close to campus, and everyone shops there.) But the thing is you gotta go when they first mark stuff down. I had my eye on these black kitten heel Mizrahi pumps for ever, and they finally marked them down, but there was one pair left in a size 5.5. Oh well, they'll be back. :grin:

zoj2
01-19-2006, 10:05 AM
I really like that 4th look on the right in the first row: the tan trench-y dress.

Man, I am not ashamed to say Target is my store! Today, I found a 100% silk scarf and a lovely shawl for like $7 each. Recently, I got black velvet and army green military style jackets for under $15, a teal-gray blazer for under $7. Target is GREAT if you're on a budget. (The Target close to me is close to campus, and everyone shops there.) But the thing is you gotta go when they first mark stuff down. I had my eye on these black kitten heel Mizrahi pumps for ever, and they finally marked them down, but there was one pair left in a size 5.5. Oh well, they'll be back. :grin:

I'm right there with you!

atlantatiffany
01-21-2006, 09:54 AM
thanks so much for posting this. i freaking love target. it is my fave store ever. if u don't mind me asking do u like working at target. i have applied for a job but i never got a call back. so i don't know. thanks again, i see tons of stuff i like. i know this is ot, but is there any new shabby chic stuff coming out soon?

Chinagem
01-21-2006, 10:19 AM
Thanks so much for posting this. I'm always so late getting to target that once i finally get there, almost everything I like in my size is sold out. I'll be stalking the women's section as soon as Feb. gets here. I want that shirtdress!

LovelyZ
01-22-2006, 06:58 AM

:grin:

I was thinking the same. A wrap dress that fits well can be hard to find.

JamericanGurl
01-22-2006, 09:01 PM
thanks so much for posting this. i freaking love target. it is my fave store ever. if u don't mind me asking do u like working at target. i have applied for a job but i never got a call back. so i don't know. thanks again, i see tons of stuff i like. i know this is ot, but is there any new shabby chic stuff coming out soon?
Who works for Tarjay?

Ebony
01-22-2006, 11:57 PM
thanks alot:eek: ! i've been a good girl & have not been in target since January 2nd! My visits btwn Sept-Dec were just a sad shame:look: . I barely hit the mall anymore!

atlantatiffany
01-23-2006, 11:52 AM
Who works for Tarjay?

i'm sorry, i thought since u posted the info u worked at target.

JamericanGurl
01-23-2006, 12:47 PM
i'm sorry, i thought since u posted the info u worked at target.
No I got this from a friend working on the story;)

morehairplease
01-23-2006, 01:20 PM

me either! I :love: Target

WomanlyCharm
01-26-2006, 08:05 PM
My fashion writer friend told me the Bartley line drops on Wednesday...and honey, I will RUN, not walk to the store that morning! Do you all remember when Stella McCartney designed some clothing for Target? Everything from her line was gone in a couple of hours, ladies just couldn't get enough of the stuff...and in my opinion, it didn't look as good as Luella Bartley's things!

Belle Du Jour
01-26-2006, 08:10 PM
Thanks for the heads UP. I want that shirt dress.

PhonyBaloney500
01-26-2006, 09:00 PM
My fashion writer friend told me the Bartley line drops on Wednesday...and honey, I will RUN, not walk to the store that morning! Do you all remember when Stella McCartney designed some clothing for Target? Everything from her line was gone in a couple of hours, ladies just couldn't get enough of the stuff...and in my opinion, it didn't look as good as Luella Bartley's things!

Do you mean for H&M? I know the H&M stuff was gone within a few hours lol.

WomanlyCharm
01-26-2006, 09:10 PM
Whoops, Phony, you're right! I must be more tired than I thought! Time for me to go to bed and dream about a new wardrobe....

PhonyBaloney500
02-09-2006, 09:56 PM
So did anyone get anything? What did y'all think?

Belle Du Jour
02-10-2006, 09:33 AM
I didn't see anything that I wanted. They didn't have that cute shirtdress, But Isaac Miarahi has a nice black one online.