PDA

View Full Version : I Bought The Cutest Shoes...

Supergirl
01-14-2006, 07:45 PM
that I don't have anything to wear with. Have you ever done this? Do you take 'em back or find an outfit to go with the shoes???????

LizLeila
01-14-2006, 08:31 PM
that I don't have anything to wear with. Have you ever done this? Do you take 'em back or find an outfit to go with the shoes???????

Logically, take them back, but my weakness forces me to find an outfit to go with it! Sad, I know. :grin:

Belle Du Jour
01-14-2006, 09:56 PM
It depends. If I still feel the same way the next day, I'll keep them and find something to go with them. Then there's always jeans. Will they go with jeans?

mermaid
01-15-2006, 12:16 AM
Keep 'em. Sooner or later you will find something to wear with them. What if a month down the road you find this outfit that would go PERFECT with those shoes, but you returned them to the store and they don't carry them anymore- they were seasonal or something.
It's happened enough times to me, so I buy something when I see it and keep if for when I can use it.
Umm, I have shoes that I have never worn outside and clothes hanging in the closet that still have price tags hanging off them..:look:

Leslie_C
01-15-2006, 02:11 AM
Keep 'em. Sooner or later you will find something to wear with them. What if a month down the road you find this outfit that would go PERFECT with those shoes, but you returned them to the store and they don't carry them anymore- they were seasonal or something.
It's happened enough times to me, so I buy something when I see it and keep if for when I can use it.
Umm, I have shoes that I have never worn outside and clothes hanging in the closet that still have price tags hanging off them..:look:

And u still think this is good advice???? ;) lol j/k hun
I say unless they can be easily matched to something practical, return them. I too have stuff Ive never worn and waited for something to go with it which never happened. Then a year later u look at it like why did I buy this & why didnt I take it back? :) Its wasting money if u dont wear it AND wasting more money if u go buy stuff to go with it. Then u gotta have a purse, then u gotta have accessories, etc....stop the madness!hehehe

But that being said the only thing that tamed my shopping habit was being a broke nursing student who couldnt even pay her bills much less buy clothes! lol....now that I graduated my mind is on things like buying a car and house and shopping doesnt even cross my mind much. My weakness is ebay though. I guess Im too tired to shop anyway since I work so much! ok Im going wayyy off topic here! nevermind, carry on! ;)

LovelyZ
01-15-2006, 09:16 AM
I have done this and it caused me to spend more money buying items to match the shoes. For shoes that have a difficult color to match, I will take them back to the mall with me when I go shopping. I feel silly pulling a shoe out of my bag and holding it up to a shirt, but it is a timesaver and the only way to be sure it will match just right.

Also, consider this...are you sure nothing you own goes with the shoe. It doesn't have to match in th tradional sense where the colors are the same. It could be a nice color combo like chocolate and purple.