PDA

View Full Version : Are Coach or Dooney & Burke worth the price?

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

Lady S
01-06-2011, 07:28 PM
Okay, I'm rough on my purses. My current purse is just about destroyed (I love that purse) and I ended up wearing down the exterior of my past two purses. So, my friend suggested I stop being such a cheapo and invest in a more durable purse (I don't think I've paid more then $35 on a purse).

I've been looking at different purses on the web. A lot of the purses I like or either Coach or Dooney & Burke. But how durable are they? Are they worth the price or are they overrated.

Any other suggestions for purses that will last?

TamedTresses
01-06-2011, 07:53 PM
I like Dooney and Bourke more than I do Coach. I think they are both well made, but Dooney and Bourke is more durable IMO. I think they are worth the price, but I think ALL of my purses are... I can justify just about any purchase I make. :lol:

I have some DB and Coach purses I've had for 10 years and they are still in good condition. Michael Kors and Cole Hann purses are durable too. :yep:

Ivonnovi
01-06-2011, 08:01 PM
I'm liking the Miche bags right now. I can't speak for their durability because I'm new to the line, but they are versatile, and you can change the exterior features as often as you like

My only suggetion regarding the more popular brands is that IF you're going to spend more than $100 for a purse then make sure it's way more (real) leather than man-made material. ....Now I do have a few Coach bags and I gotta admit that I cringed when they charged me a'damn $150 for a "canvas" clutch....Naw'Son not again!

Livingmylifetothefullest
01-06-2011, 08:19 PM
I've never owed a Coach but DB is definitely worth the price. I just ordered this bag a few days ago Dooney & Bourke Nylon Victoria Tote Black - Zappos.com Free Shipping BOTH Ways (http://www.zappos.com/dooney-bourke-nylon-victoria-tote-black)

Lady S
01-06-2011, 10:05 PM
I'm liking the Miche bags right now. I can't speak for their durability because I'm new to the line, but they are versatile, and you can change the exterior features as often as you like

My only suggetion regarding the more popular brands is that IF you're going to spend more than $100 for a purse then make sure it's way more (real) leather than man-made material. ....Now I do have a few Coach bags and I gotta admit that I cringed when the charged me a'damn $150 for a "canvas" clutch....Naw'Son not again!

Was it at least durable canvas? :lol:

TamedTresses
01-06-2011, 10:07 PM
OP, do you mind sharing some pics/links of the bag you are interested in purchasing. I never get tired of looking at handbags. :drunk:

Livingmylifetothefullest
01-06-2011, 10:49 PM
Oh, one of my supervisors is a huge DB fan and those are the only purses she carries.

Ivonnovi
01-06-2011, 11:06 PM
Was it at least durable canvas? :lol:

Yes, parts of the bag proved "durable". However the pretty metallic flakes :blush: are pretty much gone 2.5 yrs later.

arosieworld
01-06-2011, 11:18 PM
I Loooooovvvvvve my DB's but I don't do coach so I can't vote on that but I have had my DB wristlet longer than I have had my LV wristlet and used it more and it looks better.....they wear well and I am tough on things..... I had one repaired and it went beautifully, it broke because I I got it catch in a door.........I also love the lining........

Lady S
01-07-2011, 12:25 AM
OP, do you mind sharing some pics/links of the bag you are interested in purchasing. I never get tired of looking at handbags. :drunk:

Linkage! Here are a few.

COACH KRISTIN LEATHER HOBO | Nordstrom.com (http://shop.nordstrom.com/S/3087645?origin=category&resultback=3059)

Dooney & Bourke: Croco Satchel (http://www.dooney.com/OA_HTML/ibeCCtpSctDspRte.jsp?section=50317)

Dooney & Bourke: Croco Collins (http://www.dooney.com/OA_HTML/ibeCCtpSctDspRte.jsp?section=50323)

I really, really, really love croc print. I like embossed leather. And I like colors that aren't neutrals. My current bag is dark teal and croc print. The problem I have w/ Coach is all the logos. The purses that I like are the ones that are covered in the Coach print. :perplexed

MzPrince
01-07-2011, 12:36 AM
I think they are both well made bags I have both but I choose Coach over Dooney because if you get an authentic bags and if anything happens to it Coach will repair it and if they can't fix it they will replace it as long it. I love this about that company.

VelvetRain
01-07-2011, 01:05 AM
My vote is coach any and all day. I swear the collections just keep getting better and better. I mainly collect leather limited edition and rare coach bags that don't scream the words coach written all over them( no offense to those that like signature) I still have and use the first bag I ever bought in 1996. The leather is still beautiful and has retained it lustre even though I moisturize it periodically. I am into maintaining my collection so that is partly why most of what I have still looks pretty new. You can't beat their wonderful customer service and warranty. I remember last year a turnlock on one of my legacy bags from the 06/07 collection broke off. Coach replaced the turnlock with a brand new one. All I paid was $20 for the shipping and handling.

firecracker
01-07-2011, 01:14 AM
Both of them make durable bags. There are many good choices for bags outside of those two companies though.

TamedTresses
01-07-2011, 01:18 AM
Linkage! Here are a few.

COACH KRISTIN LEATHER HOBO | Nordstrom.com (http://shop.nordstrom.com/S/3087645?origin=category&resultback=3059)

Dooney & Bourke: Croco Satchel (http://www.dooney.com/OA_HTML/ibeCCtpSctDspRte.jsp?section=50317)

Dooney & Bourke: Croco Collins (http://www.dooney.com/OA_HTML/ibeCCtpSctDspRte.jsp?section=50323)

I really, really, really love croc print. I like embossed leather. And I like colors that aren't neutrals. My current bag is dark teal and croc print. The problem I have w/ Coach is all the logos. The purses that I like are the ones that are covered in the Coach print. :perplexed

I really like the stachel...#2. :yep:

sweetlaughter
01-07-2011, 05:40 AM
Leather bags from coach and high end designers are backed by a lifetime guarantee for wear no questions asked.

Sent from my DROID2 using Long Hair Care Forum App

~~HoneyComb~~
01-07-2011, 08:11 AM
Okay, I'm rough on my purses. My current purse is just about destroyed (I love that purse) and I ended up wearing down the exterior of my past two purses. So, my friend suggested I stop being such a cheapo and invest in a more durable purse (I don't think I've paid more then $35 on a purse).

I've been looking at different purses on the web. A lot of the purses I like or either Coach or Dooney & Burke. But how durable are they? Are they worth the price or are they overrated.

Any other suggestions for purses that will last?

I have both Coach and D&B bags and I love them ( Brahmin are good bags too) , very duable and worth every penny. I had them for years and I alternate my bags so that they don't get a lot of wear and tear and I put them in the bag that they come with so that they are preserved in between use.

I use to be a cheap handbag girl, but like you, I was hard on bags or else it was because they were cheap and I'd have to buy another because it would start wearing within a year.

I finally took the plunge and invested in better quality bags and I'm happy.

They all come with a warrantee and a # so that you can register them.

I've had my bags for several years and they look great.

Lady S
01-07-2011, 10:40 AM
Both of them make durable bags. There are many good choices for bags outside of those two companies though.

Girl, don't you dare hold out on me, brand names, style names, links. . .? Help a sista out. :lol:

bgsix
01-07-2011, 11:01 AM
I have both brands, don't have a preference. Quality bags-you can't go wrong with either. I own cheap $20 bags & $300 dollar bags(mainly gifted to me). I rotate my bags weekly.

cinnespice
01-07-2011, 03:20 PM
I have some coach bags and wristlets and they are really durable. You get what you pay for. I also like the outlets thats where my last bag and wristlet came from. Let's just say im glad i was next to broke on my last day in miami or i would have a couple of bags more than i should have.

Lovelylocs
01-07-2011, 06:25 PM
Gussto Bags are durable and soft.