PDA

View Full Version : Need help

Helpmeblongagain
08-06-2010, 11:37 PM
Hi ladies....I need some help. I need 2 purchase some items that will make a big difference in my wardrobe. I dont' have much money so I can't buy everything, but I really need 2 get a few things. Any advice on what changes will make it look like I've recreated my wardrobe?

SleekandBouncy
08-06-2010, 11:46 PM
Accessories!!

A statement scarf. Try going to a designer discount store and purchase a quality scarf. At worst Zara has affordable, but very cute scarves inspired by runway styles. Scarves are big right now and have been for a minute. A light weight accent scarf can be worn with a blazer, a coat, or just with a shirt and a pair of jeans to change up your look.

A statement necklace.

A quality and stylish bag. Nothing too trendy that will look dated next year. I would recommend getting it in color.

Waist cinching belts. You can get several affordable vintage style belts on Ebay, vintage stores, or just get a classic and basic one from Banana Republic. Only get genuine leather. You can cinch shirts and dresses to change your look.

As for specific clothing items, look for classic and flattering pieces that you can mix and match. For example a well tailored skirts (I love pencil skirts), a v-neck sleeveless sweater vest can be worn over various blouses to give you double wear and you can even cinch them with a skinny belt, a quality (non synthetic fiber) cardigan (preferably in color) you can pair this with jeans, skirts or pants for different looks and maybe consider purchasing a few blouses that you can pair with blazers, sweater vests, and cardigans for different looks.

The best sales occur between seasons so middle August to the September is a good time to get some shopping done.

Helpmeblongagain
08-06-2010, 11:52 PM
Sleek, if I can only purchase two pair of shoes for this season, which styles would u say r staples?

SleekandBouncy
08-06-2010, 11:55 PM
^^ it depends on what you have already.

Generally you can't go wrong with a pair of well made and stylish (but classic since you're on a budget) boots. Either ankle boots to wear under jeans and pants or a pair of knee high boots that you can wear for work or play. If you're a working girl (not the after midnight kind :lol:) then a pair of pumps is a good 2nd choice.

Other options include a pair of wedge boots/booties. They are popular for this fall as are oxford styled boots like these

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTCkLKyqTTS2AU_cytf-A-pOteQErHuw26WICN3w--iDY1JF0Q&t=1&usg=__kL_Jx0e2SYVzQ1u-pG7dUEfza84=

FlowerHair
08-07-2010, 04:42 AM
^^ it depends on what you have already.

Generally you can't go wrong with a pair of well made and stylish (but classic since you're on a budget) boots. Either ankle boots to wear under jeans and pants or a pair of knee high boots that you can wear for work or play. If you're a working girl (not the after midnight kind :lol:) then a pair of pumps is a good 2nd choice.

Other options include a pair of wedge boots/booties. They are popular for this fall as are oxford styled boots like these

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTCkLKyqTTS2AU_cytf-A-pOteQErHuw26WICN3w--iDY1JF0Q&t=1&usg=__kL_Jx0e2SYVzQ1u-pG7dUEfza84=

I love those shoes!!! :love:

awhyley
08-07-2010, 09:22 AM
^^^ Aren't they great? So much personality!!!

*goes shoe surf shopping*

Helpmeblongagain
08-07-2010, 08:10 PM
I went n bought some fab lace up booties today....they r so hot!! AND comfy!!