PDA

View Full Version : Classic jewelry

phynestone
04-28-2010, 10:23 AM
What are your examples of classic jewelry? I'm tired of buying cheap costume jewelry that only works for a couple of outfits.

I have white pearl earrings, a necklace and a bracelet. I want a ring, but haven't found one I like. I also have a pink pearl necklace. Like a very light pink.

The other jewelry I have is cute stuff I've found at Target, Loehmanns and Marshalls. I want stuff that is timeless and will LAST.

NinaShamone
04-28-2010, 11:19 AM
I love, love, love, adore vintage/classic jewelry. Pearls are beautiful, but my favorite things are cameos. When I get home, I'll post pictures of the latest cameos my SO found at a vintage shop (he's learning). If you want stuff that will last, I'm not sure Target is the best route. The best pieces I have found came from vintage shops (Vintage not thrift)

SailorWifey
04-28-2010, 11:51 AM
I love, love, love, adore vintage/classic jewelry. Pearls are beautiful, but my favorite things are cameos. When I get home, I'll post pictures of the latest cameos my SO found at a vintage shop (he's learning). If you want stuff that will last, I'm not sure Target is the best route. The best pieces I have found came from vintage shops (Vintage not thrift)

I had to google cameo jewelry b/c I never heard that term before, but I guess I just never knew there was a term for the jewelry. Now you done started something...especially cause I like to make jewelry

Asha08
05-15-2010, 01:11 AM
My examples are:

- a strand of pearls and pearl studs
- a diamond pendant necklace
- diamond studs
- a good quality, chunky silver watch

I can go costume with most other stuff...

comike
05-15-2010, 01:36 PM
Diamond Studs
Diamond Pendant Necklace
Gold or Silver Hoop Earrings
Gold or Silver Bangle Bracelets
Pearls (too classic for me)

Invest in a few diamonds and leave the costume jewelry behind.

SimpleKomplexity
06-24-2010, 11:43 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=370399799798&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

I had never heard of cameo jewelry before this thread, but it really made me like it. I recently bought this necklace. I'ma try to find a few more that I like and wear it really layered for a fun look

Raqkie
06-25-2010, 10:14 AM
Try www.ice.com. You can find quality jewelry at a resonable price. I have purchased the traditional classic pieces (diamonds and pearls) along with some classic with a twist items (semi-precious stone combinations). The shipping is resonable and quick.

phynestone
07-11-2010, 08:18 AM
I've actually heard of and seen cameo jewelry before. I didn't know the proper term for it, though.

Like the Ice website and will definitely order from it at a later date.

I've been meaning to invest in some diamonds, but I don't want to go the cz route. Don't need any fakes.

awhyley
07-11-2010, 10:56 AM
You were wrong to post about ice.com, now I'm :drunk: over a pair of diamond studs I found there.
ETA: There are two collections that I have yet to start, my (real) jewelry and my china collections.
They're both on my 2011 list.