PDA

View Full Version : All About Spandex...

GodsPromises
04-28-2010, 09:51 AM
I need help.

I want to start stepping up my game in the spandex ( looking complete) game.

I have questions.

1. How do you decide what size. Do you size up. i.e. if you wear an XL do you get the spandex in a XXL so that they are conformable

2. All the ones I have wore in the past are very unconformable. Like they are digging into my legs. ( Hope that makes sense). How do you stop that.

3. Do you wear different Spandex with different types of clothes? Like what do you wear under dress pant, jeans, short skirts, etc.

4. Last but not less how do you not have the spandex line showing through your clothes?

Sorry for the basic questions but I really need to know so that I don't look crazy.

TIA

glamazon386
04-28-2010, 11:27 AM
Lady R are you talking about shapewear? Like Spanx?

GodsPromises
04-28-2010, 03:35 PM
Yes that is what I meant.

Lady R are you talking about shapewear? Like Spanx?

Pokahontas
04-28-2010, 03:41 PM
Oh Spanx?

I think there's a chart on the back of the package that you can go by but i'd suggest trying it on. Most stores will let you.

I don't really like spanx much because of the leg part and having to peel them down to pee (i can't pee through that little hole, no way). I like Flexees better http://www.hotfroguk.co.uk/Uploads/PressReleases/Flexees-Shapewear-Waist-Nipper-Cincher-43123_image.jpg

glamazon386
04-29-2010, 04:53 PM
I found Spanx to be uncomfortable but I know many women who swear by them (my mom included). I do have some shapewear similar to Spanx from Victoria's Secret that I like. I'm not trying to conceal anything on the bottom anyway so I usually just opt for a waist cincher around the tummy.

To answer your questions though:

1. How do you decide what size. Do you size up. i.e. if you wear an XL do you get the spandex in a XXL so that they are conformable

There's usually sizing on the back of the package like with pantyhose.

2. All the ones I have wore in the past are very unconformable. Like they are digging into my legs. ( Hope that makes sense). How do you stop that.

You may need a larger size.

3. Do you wear different Spandex with different types of clothes? Like what do you wear under dress pant, jeans, short skirts, etc.

I only really wear them under dresses. Sometimes I may wear them with pants if I need some assistance with my midsection. Some people wear them with everything though. My coworker used to wear Spanx under her yoga pants to smooth out cellulite.

4. Last but not less how do you not have the spandex line showing through your clothes?

It depends on what you wear. Different clothes call for different shapewear.