PDA

View Full Version : "I *almost* like it . . . ."

Glib Gurl
04-26-2010, 03:04 PM
How often when out shopping for clothes do you see something and think to yourself, "I almost like it . . . ." Like if the outfit were a different color . . . or longer sleeves . . . or one less ruffle . . .

I find myself saying that a lot these days while out shopping.

Cyd Chicago
04-26-2010, 03:12 PM
If it's on a GOOD sale, I'll usually still buy it, and layer things to make it look better.

I feel you though. I have an engagment this Thursday, and I checked out the the usual suspects, Nordstrom, Bloomies, Lord and Taylor, Saks, and Macy's and everything was ugh. I'm plus-sized so I can't just go to Anne Taylor or whatever.

butter_pecan
04-26-2010, 03:49 PM
Yes. A lot of stores have been leaving me greatly uninspired, especially for the prices lol.

awhyley
04-26-2010, 03:55 PM
Yeah, I know the feeling, even eBay sometimes as me feeling bleh. :blush:
I don't recommend you buying anything you're not completely in love with,
(that can't be altered if necessary).

phynestone
04-26-2010, 04:21 PM
I feel you. I've learned not to buy those pieces b/c it's sitting in my closet months later, unworn.

SEMO
06-15-2010, 09:14 PM
This phenomenon is one reason I don't like shopping. It's like looking for a needle in a haystack and I get tired sometimes of sifting through the dross for one good find. And even then it's been a really long time since I came across something and loved it.

glamazon386
06-15-2010, 09:53 PM
I had to stop buying things I "almost" like. They stay in the bag or in the closet and I never wear them. I've been making a lot of returns lately for this reason. I get it home and I'm like what was I thinking? :wallbash:

ONAMSHN
06-16-2010, 01:42 PM
I have made a personal pledge to myself to ONLY buy things I love :)!

BrownBetty
06-16-2010, 09:54 PM
I have made a personal pledge to myself to ONLY buy things I love :)!

I only buy things I like and love. I am almost done cleaning out my closet from the stuff I don't like or doesn't fit or is almost cute.

Suggestion: Don't buy anything you almost like or is almost cute or would be cute if it was....

CurliDiva
06-18-2010, 02:10 PM
Since I do lot of consignment or second hand shopping, I had to train myself to only buy things that are in perfect condition and that I love!

Unlike a regular store which will have multiple colors to choose from- I had to stop buying clothes that just did not fit, flatter, and was top quality.

Nasdaq_Diva
06-19-2010, 05:09 AM
My issue is finding things I do like, but it's not cut right to fit my bodytype. That leaves me much less desired to buy....