PDA

View Full Version : CJ (Cookie Johnson) Jeans

Nina_S
06-18-2009, 08:57 AM
Magic’s wife Cookie Johnson offers Cj by Cookie Johnson, an exciting new line of demin for women with curves.

Great idea!

Cookie says of the jeans:

“I couldn’t find jeans to fit my body type. It frustrated me to try on every pair in the store and leave with nothing….

“I’ve seen everything from tears of relief to sexy struts in front of the mirror,” she smiles. “The confidence that great-fitting jeans give women is the most rewarding thing about creating Cj.”

Cookie is a graduate of Michigan State University, with a top degree in Retailing of Clothing and Textiles. Her jeans offer more room in the back and upper thighs, some coming in bootcuts.

Cookie teams up with Michael Glasser for the demin line. The Cj jeans shown above are “CJ by Cookie Johnson ‘Love’ Boyfriend Jeans”

Subtle distressing enhances faded, dark-rinse jeans with a casual, relaxed fit and cuffed hems.

* Zip fly with button closure.
* Five-pocket style.
* Contrast pocket and waistband lining.
* Approx. inseam: 31 1/2″ uncuffed with 15″ leg opening.
* Approx. rise: front 9 1/2″; back 15″.
* Cotton/elastane; machine wash.
* By CJ by Cookie Johnson; made in the USA.
* Individualist.

Pricing for that pair - $196.

NOTE: Could Nordstrom have used some "curvy" models?!

http://shop.nordstrom.com/C/6023266/0~2376776~2374325~6023266?origin=productBrandLink

*Frisky*
06-19-2009, 11:55 AM
When I read about these in The Jet I was like cool til I got down to the price tag...hell to the naw..I think the price range they gave started at like 140 but that is still too much for me. At least for some jeans..I would rather have 2 pairs of shoes..

brownelovely
06-19-2009, 11:58 AM
I would think they would use some models to show off what these jeans are supposed to be providing. SMH

Then again, I remember being fooled by them dam Dereon jeans being of quality..SMH

prettyinpurple
06-26-2009, 02:08 PM
Has anyone tried these yet?

I stepped my foot into the expensive jean pool and got a couple of pairs. They do work with the curves. I have the boyfriend style (love it!) and the dark rinse stretch ones. Stretch ones are nice, never thought I could get in a skinny-style type jean. I'm short so I did have to get that pair altered. She should do some for the short ladies lol.

The boyfriend style is becoming my go-to pair. Those jeans are too cute and fun.

Blessed_Angel
06-26-2009, 02:22 PM
How many curvy line jeans are they gonna make out there? And with all those; none of them can make jeans under $100? :perplexed

Ivonnovi
06-26-2009, 03:53 PM
No jeans for curvy ladies?????

Well I'm not curvy but I as I recall,
1. there was a fashion line advertised in ebony that was "designed by us, and for our figures" however, we ...or should I say ya'll curvy women were to busy trying to squeeze into YTs popular brands.
2. then there were J-Lo's line made for curvy back side
3. AND even more recently I recall Delishous (sp) from FlavaFlav fame designing a line.

All of which were more accessible(cost wise) to the "targeted audience" they were designed for.

$196 for 1 pair of jeans? .....Not on my dime!
I can buy me a nice piece "gold&diamon" bling for that price; and that purchase will last longer than those damnd jeans!

Supergirl
10-23-2009, 09:25 AM
bump

saw these on Oprah yesterday, cute BUT, I wish I would pay that much for a pair of jeans...

gn1g
10-23-2009, 10:14 AM
I have some and they fit well.

Cincysweetie
10-24-2009, 12:27 AM
Well according to the guy that was on Oprah, LEVIs (or was it LEE's) has comparable jeans for a lot less. I thought that was so tacky how they marched those out right after Cookie's jeans...while Cookie was still on stage.

And is that woman's name really Cookie? Ugh.

MoniintheMiddle
10-25-2009, 07:36 AM
Well according to the guy that was on Oprah, LEVIs (or was it LEE's) has comparable jeans for a lot less. I thought that was so tacky how they marched those out right after Cookie's jeans...while Cookie was still on stage.

And is that woman's name really Cookie? Ugh.

Agreed. Although I understand wanting to provide viewers with a reasonable alternative, it was tacky to do so while Cookie was sitting there.

Pokahontas
10-25-2009, 07:41 AM
Those pancake booty models don't make the jeans appeal to me. They need to do like pzi and get some models with curves targeting who the jeans are made for.

Also the prices are way too much.

Dommo
10-27-2009, 08:40 PM
There are plenty other premium denim brands that I pay that money for and are worth it. Her jeans look rather ordinary

Ebony
11-02-2009, 06:27 PM
while i'm very happy for cookie, her jeans are very 'ordinary'. nothing special. a high price for boring. i tried them on at nordstrom last week. i was not impressed & if it weren't for my sisters naggin me to try them on, i wouldn't have bothered. that's how boring they looked. also, unlike my sisters who are top heavy, i'm butt heavy. her jeans ain't for girls with butts.