PDA

View Full Version : How long are your pants supposed to be?

SimpleKomplexity
06-18-2009, 08:40 AM
When sitting? When standing up? Should your pants eb different lengths if you decide to wear flat/heels?

I'm asking this question because I'm purging through my closet, and I'm about to throw out a lot of pants that I think are too short. When they were altered, they were cut to my bottom ankle, but I prefer the longer look just in case I want to wear heels with the pants. I think your pants should cover your shoe in the middle. Any input on this?

Tee
06-18-2009, 08:49 AM
It just depend on the person. I personally like my pants long. (past the ankle for sure!) Nothing irks more than to see a well dressed woman with pants all up her ankles!! Outfit...RUINED! :bricks:

HAIRapy
06-18-2009, 09:35 AM
I like my pants long also. At the very least, they must hit about the point on the back of my shoes where the shoe part meets the heel- unless I'm wearing shorter pants on purpose, like capris.

SimpleKomplexity
06-18-2009, 10:01 AM
I like my pants long also. At the very least, they must hit about the point on the back of my shoes where the shoe part meets the heel- unless I'm wearing shorter pants on purpose, like capris.

This is exactly what I was talking about. Yeah I'm going to throw out some pants and hopefully my new ones won't run to small, or I'll ask her to let them out again. I'm thinking my pants aren't high quality and over time they shrink though :(

ItsyBitsy
06-18-2009, 12:13 PM
It just depend on the person. I personally like my pants long. (past the ankle for sure!) Nothing irks more than to see a well dressed woman with pants all up her ankles!! Outfit...RUINED! :bricks:

ITA! I'm tall so I def need my pants to be as long as possible. I generally require a 36 in inseam :perplexed

Bosslady1
06-18-2009, 01:58 PM
Yes. Pass ankle.

KPH
06-18-2009, 02:13 PM
i like for them to have a break in them (top of foot), not a huge dent but a break which means they are long enough for heels too.

RainbowCurls
06-18-2009, 05:50 PM
Just above the floor or they're too short!
With skinny jeans and heels though.... if they only slightly cover the top part of the shoe - that's my perfect length :)

genesis132
06-18-2009, 06:31 PM
I don't like long jeans. I have a few Bananna Republic jeans that drag the floor. The perfect length for me is a pair of jeans that looks nice with heels and does not drag the ground with flats. HTHs! I am loving skinny jeans, they seem to accomplish this the best.

PhonyBaloney500
06-20-2009, 05:32 PM
The hell should be covered if wearing heels.