PDA

View Full Version : Do you wear white after labor day?

Pages : [1] 2

A.Marie
08-29-2008, 08:37 AM
My mom and grandma are adamant about the "no white after labor day" rule. How do you ladies feel about it? For me, if I feel like wearing white, then I wear it whenever. As a matter of fact, I am going to wear white suit and a black on Tuesday. :grin:

gn1g
08-29-2008, 09:39 AM
yes ma'ma. Away with the rules I'm a rebel!!

Really I love to wear white jeans and I really love to wear off white in the winter time. But I will also wear white.

ClassicBeauty
08-29-2008, 09:54 AM
I'm a true southern girl. No white shoes, skirts, or pants after Labor Day. Also no searsucker, no linen, no straw hats (I don't wear hats anyway), and no summery florals after Labor Day. To each her own, but that's how we roll in my family.

sweetwhispers
08-29-2008, 10:40 AM
I used to never wear white. I thought it was the height of tackyness. I have 2 small leather stachels and i have a cream pair of jeans i have never worn. I'm sorry i just can't wear white trousers! Don't get me started on white shoes

Maynard
08-29-2008, 10:43 AM
Those rules are old. Folks have been rocking winter white for YEARS!

Chinagem
08-29-2008, 11:39 AM
I wear white after Labor Day. I think it's a silly rule. Nobody's gonna tell me what to wear or when I can wear it.

Mrs.Pretty08
08-29-2008, 11:48 AM
I believe that we can all wear whatever we want when we want, but for me, winter white is a great look after Thanksgiving, and I hate white shoes everday any time of the year (once again YOU can wear whatever YOU want to wear). Well, I do have a cute pair of off white sandles that are lovely, but they're almost nude.

kurlybella
08-29-2008, 11:52 AM
Those rules are old. Folks have been rocking winter white for YEARS!

ita^^
a high fashion designer would laugh at such a "rule."
to be honest, that's really big in the south where i'm from, but in more fashionable cities like in ny and la no one abides by that. most have never even heard of it!!
i wear what i want when i want to.
i love white around christmas holiday.
i just love white whenever.

*Frisky*
08-29-2008, 11:55 AM
I'm a true southern girl. No white shoes, skirts, or pants after Labor Day. Also no searsucker, no linen, no straw hats (I don't wear hats anyway), and no summery florals after Labor Day. To each her own, but that's how we roll in my family.

This is me as well..I have already started to move all summery material to the back of my closet and in containers in the garage.

A.Marie
08-29-2008, 12:06 PM
yes ma'ma. Away with the rules I'm a rebel!!
Really I love to wear white jeans and I really love to wear off white in the winter time. But I will also wear white.

I'm from the South but a rebel at heart with the white! :grin:

glamazon386
08-29-2008, 02:11 PM
No... and to me it sticks out like a sore thumb after Labor Day. I also don't consider winter white really white. So that doesn't count.

lovelyme
08-29-2008, 05:11 PM
I wear what I want when I want

MissNina
08-29-2008, 06:02 PM
I wear whatever I feel like whenever I feel like as long as it is appropriate for the setting.

SplashAtl
08-30-2008, 08:31 AM
I'm originally from the midwest and heard about that rule all my life. I moved down south and also heard that rule. Have friends in NY and CA and they also have heard of that rule. I don't wear white after labor day but do wear winter white, off white, cream....whatever you want to call it. I honestly have no desire to wear white after Labor day. White is a summer color to me and after Labor day I am sick of the heat and ready for Fall to come anyway. This is in regard to pants, shoes, shorts, skirts, etc.... I still wear white tops depending on the type of top.

With fashion changing all the time I think its just an old rule that some people stick to and some don't.

caramelcutieinva
08-31-2008, 02:43 PM
I don't really follow fashion rules .. I just wear what I like.

gn1g
08-31-2008, 06:03 PM
I used to never wear white. I thought it was the height of tackyness. I have 2 small leather stachels and i have a cream pair of jeans i have never worn. I'm sorry i just can't wear white trousers! Don't get me started on white shoes

Hated white shoes, butttt if I have a french pedicure with white designs on my first toe white strappy sandals look OK.

SparklingFlame
08-31-2008, 06:07 PM
I wear white after Labor Day. I think it's a silly rule. Nobody's gonna tell me what to wear or when I can wear it.
Bingo! :yep:

I do me and I could care less if its going against somebodys rules.

january noir
08-31-2008, 06:31 PM
Bingo! :yep:

I do me and I could care less if its going against somebodys rules.

OT: StillALady, your braid out is so pretty.

SparklingFlame
08-31-2008, 06:31 PM
OT: StillALady, your braid out is so pretty.Thanks so much JR!!! :grin:

genesis132
08-31-2008, 06:52 PM
Yes...I can't wait to bring out my killer white boots this winter
BTW: Whenever I wear my white boots, the men always compliment me on how sexy they are.....