PDA

View Full Version : Floral and Prints on the larger woman?

dlewis
01-02-2008, 06:40 PM
Is this a no no? What rules apply here? Help please!

seeminglysweet
01-02-2008, 06:57 PM
The larger the stature of the women the larger print she can wear.

That's all I got.

gone_fishing
01-02-2008, 07:06 PM
I dunno...I would stay away from florals and prints that are circular or appear horizontal. Vertical lines are slimming but I'd only wear them up top...never as a pant. ????

ClassicBeauty
01-02-2008, 07:31 PM
I dunno...I would stay away from florals and prints that are circular or appear horizontal. Vertical lines are slimming but I'd only wear them up top...never as a pant. ????

I would have to agree. Be careful with the prints on larger women, but D you aren't really al that large... Is this for yourself?

dlewis
01-03-2008, 07:42 AM
yep, its for me. I saw some pretty floral dresses that I thought about ordering. I always buy solid colors for dresses. But I thought I'd ask to see what you all thought.

MsKipani
01-03-2008, 08:26 AM

I agree with this...Also like said before, the scale of the print should be balanced with the scale of the body...so larger prints look better on larger women vs a small print on a larger woman

For a pant, you could definitely do a pinstripe though, even though that is a more subtle print

kweenameena
01-03-2008, 08:33 AM
I say go for it!!! I think a nice floral dress would be cute with a solid colored shawl, cardigan, blazer to balance it out. Or maybe some nice pearls. Not too many accessories. Larger women (although I wouldn't consider you as one) aren't restricted to wearing just one type/style of clothing. Puh lease! Gon and get cho dress. I would worry more about the cut of the dress than anything.
HTH
-kween