PDA

View Full Version : Are you a 'safe dresser?'

Bubblingbrownshuga
01-01-2008, 09:02 AM
This is what I have termed myself and the reason being is that I am very simple when it comes to fashion. If I have on a shirt with multiple colors but the dominant one is black, best believe I am wearing some black bottoms. It can be a smidgen of mauve in the shirt, but I won't bring it out in fear of looking too colorful or folk going ' dang, where is that color in that shirt?' :lachen:

I am going to have my cousin come over to my home to help me color coordinate some items. Yall, I didn't know brown could go with just about everything! There's this young lady who I think looks great daily who came in with a red sweater, white shirt and gray pants. I would've never thought about mixing those colors together seperately.

missty1029
01-01-2008, 11:16 AM
Yea that be me!!! I have always been the safe boring one.
The thing is when I go window shopping I can see stuff and want to put it together but being broke does not help the situation! Then instead of having mix and match pieces I have outfits so it becomes routine. But Im working on that. I refuse to buy new clothes at my current weight. My slim clothes I realize are somewhat out dated and young so I need to start saving for a revamp.
But what I need to do to is buy clothes that are not only for the moment. I can keep some stuff which is what I prefer. But I dont want to look outdated!!!

sky_blu
01-01-2008, 01:28 PM
Not really. I wear what I like and Im not into trends but stuff I usually wear turns into a trend sooner or later. :look: Not saying Im a trendsetter but I wear what I like.

glamazon386
01-01-2008, 05:13 PM
Nope... I mix all kinds of colors. I like to keep it interesting. I like red and gray together. I wear that combo often.

**Glamourlicious**
01-02-2008, 08:33 AM
Not at all. I love color.

kweenameena
01-02-2008, 09:21 AM
Nope...I'm as colorful as the come! Not such much now that I'm at a heavier weight but wait til I lose my weight. Ya'll won't be able to tell me nothin'! I'mma be rainbow bright!:lachen:

bluediamond0829
01-02-2008, 11:39 AM
yea safe dresser here...i dont really take risk with my outfits. Im very basic. I dont do dresses or skirts(which i want to now because i love the wrap dresses and the sweater dresses they are so cute).

I basically am a jeans and nice blouse type person. But im clueless when it comes to wearing shoes and i have a ton of shoes. I hate always wearing tennis shoes with cute blouses and jeans even when im just going to walmart or running to the store. I have boots but sometimes when im just feeling like runnin to a store and coming back home. I dont feel like doing all that.

I'm hoping this year to become more stylish. I want so badly to lose some weight. But i want to get out of thinking that i need to lose weight first to spurlge and dress fashionably. I hate that. I'm so stuck with i dont want to buy alot of things because if i lose weight then i wont be able to wear them.

glamazon386
01-02-2008, 05:02 PM
yea safe dresser here...i dont really take risk with my outfits. Im very basic. I dont do dresses or skirts(which i want to now because i love the wrap dresses and the sweater dresses they are so cute).

I basically am a jeans and nice blouse type person. But im clueless when it comes to wearing shoes and i have a ton of shoes. I hate always wearing tennis shoes with cute blouses and jeans even when im just going to walmart or running to the store. I have boots but sometimes when im just feeling like runnin to a store and coming back home. I dont feel like doing all that.

I'm hoping this year to become more stylish. I want so badly to lose some weight. But i want to get out of thinking that i need to lose weight first to spurlge and dress fashionably. I hate that. I'm so stuck with i dont want to buy alot of things because if i lose weight then i wont be able to wear them.

Bludiamond you should invest in some cute flats. :yep: I don't really wear flats. I can't do ballet flats but I have a lot of pointed toe flats with kitten heels (like 1" to 1.5"). I've also seen flat slingbacks that are cute too. Once you have your pants on, people can't really see that they're flat. And you still look stylish.

sylver2
01-02-2008, 05:32 PM
I'm definately a safe dresser. I don't shop much and not into fashions. I will make 1 or 2 major fashion purchases a year.
A friend of mine is always callin out my wardrobe..stuff she seen me wear or my same ole comfortable flats I wear to go out.
I said this year I was going to try and be grown and sexy. More daring.
I gotta gain some more weight first.
Im definately the jeans, flats and shirt gal.

Leslie_C
01-02-2008, 05:43 PM
Im a pretty safe dresser....my uniform tends to be a cute top with either black pants or dark jeans and sandals. I mean, I find cute pieces and get compliments...but I dont venture out much when it comes to color. Like someone mentioned above...Ill put on a pair of black pants with just about any top and call it a day.

To those of u who are good with mixing and matching colors, any suggestions for us to incorporate some color in our wardrobe?

bluediamond0829
01-02-2008, 06:50 PM
Bludiamond you should invest in some cute flats. :yep: I don't really wear flats. I can't do ballet flats but I have a lot of pointed toe flats with kitten heels (like 1" to 1.5"). I've also seen flat slingbacks that are cute too. Once you have your pants on, people can't really see that they're flat. And you still look stylish.

Girl i have some i brought from Target a Black and brown pair and they hurt my feet so much but they are so nice to wear and comfortable when im going to work with pants and a nice top on. And lets not talk about how many times ive almost fell in those dang on shoes because the heel has worn down.(the heel is 1' to 1.5'). But I'll look for some more. Thanks

here they are i have them in black and brown...
http://www.target.com/Mossimo-Deirdre-Jet-Heel-Pumps-Black/dp/B000FERGFI/qid=1199321533/ref=br_1_3/601-7853602-2232969?ie=UTF8&node=13851741&frombrowse=1&index=tgt-mf-mv&field-browse=13851741&rank=%2Bdaterank&rh=&page=2

glamazon386
01-02-2008, 07:15 PM
Girl i have some i brought from Target a Black and brown pair and they hurt my feet so much but they are so nice to wear and comfortable when im going to work with pants and a nice top on. And lets not talk about how many times ive almost fell in those dang on shoes because the heel has worn down.(the heel is 1' to 1.5'). But I'll look for some more. Thanks

here they are i have them in black and brown...
http://www.target.com/Mossimo-Deirdre-Jet-Heel-Pumps-Black/dp/B000FERGFI/qid=1199321533/ref=br_1_3/601-7853602-2232969?ie=UTF8&node=13851741&frombrowse=1&index=tgt-mf-mv&field-browse=13851741&rank=%2Bdaterank&rh=&page=2

I've had that happen before once the tap is gone. You go sliding across the floor. :lol: You might want to invest a little more money so you'll have them for a while. :yep:

bluediamond0829
01-02-2008, 08:37 PM
I've had that happen before once the tap is gone. You go sliding across the floor. :lol: You might want to invest a little more money so you'll have them for a while. :yep:

Thanks i know now thats for sure too many embarrassing moments LOL

lovelyme
01-02-2008, 09:15 PM
Not at all. I love color. I tend to do my own thing :spinning: but it works for me (well atleast I think so):lachen:

IntelligenceisBeautiful
01-02-2008, 10:05 PM
Far from it!!! I mix colors and patterns as long as it works

Pokahontas
01-06-2008, 09:25 AM
No, not me. I'm a lot on the flashy side (think Kimora Simmons).